Forum › There Is No Love Wishing Upon a Star discussion

joined Apr 11, 2022

Yes. Put that Eri girl in her place Fuyuki. Didn't think another character would come to the picture this soon lol.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

You know I've been thinking about it and isn't it fair to keep your new relationship from your friends at least for the first few weeks?

Like some privacy does help you define yourself as a couple a bit better and you can tell your friends later once you feel more grounded.

It's just that it's a major feel bad because Fuyuki found out anyway and we know her pain.

BaglReadsTheYuri
Ezgif.com-gif-maker
joined Sep 14, 2022

My man Kyou about to spend this whole story getting jerked around only to end up alone in the end.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Okay lemme guess, Fuyuki tries to fuck around with her mysterious senpai to get over Eri, Eri gets jealous and tries to get Fuyuki back, Kyou is the mystery in this scenario

My man Kyou about to spend this whole story getting jerked around only to end up alone in the end.

Will be fairly disappointing if Murasakino does something this typical.

joined Apr 16, 2022

This chapter was so good. Using pretty much the entire second chapter to really show -- instead of just telling in exposition -- how and why Fuyuki is in love with Eri makes both the preceding and upcoming heartbreak far more compelling. (Going to ignore the people slamming Eri despite having no idea what her situations and motives are for my own sake.)

As for upcoming speculation, Fuyuki getting with the senpai, who appears to be her ex as well, seems very likely, but Eri doesn't strike me as the type of person who would get proactively jealous about it. Instead I think it'll probably cause her to distance herself from Fuyuki and invest more in her relationship with Kyou, despite the fact that it doesn't really seem either of them really loves the other (I'm still on the "they both actually love Fuyuki" train).

last edited at Mar 21, 2023 3:45PM

joined Mar 18, 2023

i have nothing but bad feelings for the future of this story as it feels like everything will revolve around dancing around obvious problems with simple solutions and unreasonable decision making to produce drama and angst.

by the way the guy childhood friend feels like he is about to get the shortest end of the stick possible.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Given who the author is, I’ll put $50 each on “unfortunate choices” and “unintended consequences.”

joined Sep 28, 2022

I think the movie they were talking about is "Mulholland Drive", but she said "new release" so i was wondering if this manga is set in 2001 hmmm...

(edit: I absolutely forgot about the smartphones, so yeah thanks for pointing it out lol)

Looking forward to the next chapter!

last edited at Mar 23, 2023 3:37AM

joined Jun 27, 2022

She prolly be dating the senpai again and I really hope she does!

joined Aug 15, 2021

Personally I dont think it's right for her to hide that from Fuyuki because the fact that all three of them are actually close, and the fact that Eri hide this while saying all of those things that make Fuyuki feels special only to be reminded again and again of the kiss between Eri and Kyou, that's another level of pain. She's already in pain, and Eri hiding everything just make everything seems more painful. That's what I felt.

joined Oct 19, 2022

Murasakino-sensei is one of my fave mangaka! And knowing her previous work I am pretty much sure the characters are going to suffer and we are going to suffer too. (And we will love it like the big Ms we are!)

joined Mar 26, 2021

I think the movie they were talking about is "Mulholland Drive", but she said "new release" so i was wondering if this manga is set in 2001 hmmm...

They use smartphones, so it's probably only a Mulholland Drive-inspired thing

Wizardofwonder
joined Sep 11, 2015

I dont care what happens, i want Kyou to suffer.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Okay lemme guess, Fuyuki tries to fuck around with her mysterious senpai to get over Eri, Eri gets jealous and tries to get Fuyuki back, Kyou is the mystery in this scenario

This would be the expected outcome if the author wasn't Murasakino. If there's one thing Murasakino is not afraid of is going against expectations.

Personally, I think Fuyuki will indeed try something with her senpai, but I don't think Eri's reaction would be what people expect. I don't think Eri is in love with Fuyuki. I think she's deeply possessive of Fuyuki, maybe to an obsessive degree, but I don't think her feelings are romantic.

All in all, I'm expecting Eri to do something drastic to keep Fuyuki around, but that's probably gonna bite her in the ass. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Fuyuki ends up with her senpai at the end and Eri ends up all alone.

last edited at Mar 21, 2023 8:03PM

joined Feb 2, 2023

Thank you so much for the update!! I'm always looking forward to the next chapter of this story!! <3

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

This is so relatable thats hurt
Life is cruel sometimes

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

pre-emptive F for kyou

maybe he ends up with the mysterious ex or something but I find that unlikely

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

They have smart phones.

But just referencing Mullholland Drive. The ultimate in mindscrew lesbian crazy...

Hikamaru%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

At the same time, the fact Eri thinks Fuyuki would try to distance herself from them if she knew they're dating is kinda suspicious. It makes me think Eri actually knows of Fuyuki's feelings for her. But she wants to have her pie and eat it too. She wants to date the guy but keep Fuyuki at her side as well. In simple terms, I think she's really selfish. But like I said before, I don't have a lot of evidence for this yet. It's just the impression I got.

My initial thought went to the fact that she doesn’t want to lose Fuyuki as a friend rather than necessarily knowing about her feelings. They have been a close trio since childhood and she could see that them dating would push her away.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I just re-read these two chapters and can’t stop thinking of ships, rocks, and icebergs.

joined Apr 11, 2022

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Fuyuki ends up with her senpai at the end and Eri ends up all alone.

I actually like this outcome. Not necessary Eri ends up all alone, but for once I want the protagonist to be able to move on and find her own happiness. Yes, losing your first love for a long time is really hurt, but there are many fishes in the ocean and you can find someone that will love you as much as you love them, and drama-free lol.

But given the brief timeskip in the first chapter, it probably won't happen. Or maybe it can, and that's actually the wedding between Fuyuki and someone else (could be the senpai), while Eri and Kyou did indeed break up, and just attend it separately.

last edited at Mar 22, 2023 1:18AM

joined May 3, 2014

As I do with all the stories with het tag, reading ONLY the comments section is 1 billion better story that whatever yuri you can squeez from this mess of tags >.>

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Fuyuki ends up with her senpai at the end and Eri ends up all alone.

I actually like this outcome. Not necessary Eri ends up all alone, but for once I want the protagonist to be able to move on and find her own happiness. Yes, losing your first love for a long time is really hurt, but there are many fishes in the ocean and you can find someone that will love you as much as you love them, and drama-free lol.

But given the brief timeskip in the first chapter, it probably won't happen. Or maybe it can, and that's actually the wedding between Fuyuki and someone else (could be the senpai), while Eri and Kyou did indeed break up, and just attend it separately.

The woman with the wedding dress in the first page of chapter 1 looks like Eri to me, not Fuyuki. If I had to guess, I'd say Eri is marrying an unknown person that is neither Kyo nor Fuyuki.

last edited at Mar 22, 2023 1:56PM

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

I dont care what happens, i want Kyou to suffer.

I enjoy the polar opposite responses to Kyou lol

Group A is "that poor bastard, fated to be caught and ground up by someone else's romance"

Group B is "that bastard, why the hell is he getting in the way of someone else's romance"

Both perspectives are factually accurate

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Both perspectives are factually accurate

Or maybe not. People think there's gonna be some romance between Fuyuki and Eri because that's usually what you get from this sort of setup. But I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.

To reply you must either login or sign up.