Forum › There Is No Love Wishing Upon a Star discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Lilliwyt posted:

Might put that Bisexual tag before we get complaints

It's not because she's dating a guy that she's bisexual.

I have a hunch that she choose him because he's the bro of her love interest and she wants to stay close to her one way or another (and of course, doesn't imagine that she also may be a lesbian)

I also have a hunch that the wedding at the beginning isn't necessarily a het one. You can have a ceremony without registering an official marriage, so maybe it's just bait and the bro is only a "best guy" there.

So, yeah, too early to say "Bisexual".

last edited at Feb 26, 2023 3:18AM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I don't think she's testing Fuyuki, but there is definitely something off going on. The way she accepted his confession was ... less than enthusiastic and when she asked Fuyuki about getting a boyfriend during the sleepover, it didn't sound like she got the answer she was hoping for.

I'm not entirely sure why she agreed to start dating him, but I feel like she was looking for a reason not to.

joined May 8, 2018

I have no love experience but just skimming through this makes me cry. I know nothing about real love, but this hurts.

joined May 10, 2021

This author's art is still so fucking good! And I bet this one will hurt a lot, and it's gonna be amazing doing so.

joined Oct 2, 2021

As long as we aren't cutting wings off angels we should be fine right author san..just saying..

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

inb4 it ends with kyo and fuyuki getting married

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

I really liked the panels of silence with the butterfly fluttering by. This author’s pacing is superb.

I also very much hope that Eri and Kyou get their personalities developed, because I don’t particularly like either of them yet :/

joined Oct 10, 2016

In worst case it can end like in Luminous=Blue

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

if it's heart wrenching angst I'll only take it from Murasakino

Kozakuramin%20copy%20(phone)
joined Jul 6, 2018

why would she allow him to kiss her like that((

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Ah, I love horror series (/s only kind of)

joined Mar 19, 2020

I have a hunch that she choose him because he's the bro of her love interest and she wants to stay close to her one way or another (and of course, doesn't imagine that she also may be a lesbian)

Kyou ain’t her actual brother though right? They’re just a trio of friends it seems. Unless you mean bro as in friend.

And yeah seems like eri was looking for a different answer than she got

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I don't think Eri was looking for a different answer. Eri was just looking for reassurance that Fuyuki would not leave her even if she started dating. And that's exactly the reason Eri gave Kyo for keeping their relationship a secret so this reasoning checks out at least.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Me at the start: sees the Drama, Het, Love Triangle tag
I know where this is going but let's give it a shot.

Also me at the end of the chapter: squirming in bed from intense heartache

last edited at Feb 26, 2023 1:46PM

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I don't think she's testing Fuyuki, but there is definitely something off going on. The way she accepted his confession was ... less than enthusiastic and when she asked Fuyuki about getting a boyfriend during the sleepover, it didn't sound like she got the answer she was hoping for.

I'm not entirely sure why she agreed to start dating him, but I feel like she was looking for a reason not to.

I think you're mostly spot on, the way I see it, she's probably in love with Fuyuki but likes Ryou very much (as a friend) and is not really able to sort out these feelings and understand them as what they are. She probably believes that something like a romantic relationship with Fuyuki is unattainable so she's turning towards the other option open to her and since its someone she definitely has a strong connection to and likes, she might think that getting together with him would be the "natural" way for things to develop.
In that scenario, her lukewarm acceptance would make sense, it is not really supported by strong emotions after all, rather just being born out of following what is "normal" and probably also not wanting to reject a person she actually likes (though not in a romantic way). Her interaction with Fuyuki the night before would also fit, she might have some sort of awareness of feeling something for Fuyuki and wants to sound out what her reaction would be and does not see anything there that would make her believe that Fuyuki would even be a romantic option.

So in summary, I also don't think that Eri is "testing" Fuyuki or anything, I think she's just a romantically confused girl in a heteronormative world

joined Apr 16, 2022

Murasakino might be the best overall author on this site when you combine both art and writing so I am immensely excited they've finally gotten serialized. Looking forward to lots of pain once again.

Also, while I more or less agree with @ChikyuuNeko's interpretation of Eri, I would like to point out the possibility that Kyou is also in love with Fuyuki but (correctly) thinks she won't reciprocate so he asked out Eri instead. This page and particularly this page ("You're such a softie when it comes to Fuyuki, Kyou") give me this impression. Both of them using the other as a backup because they perceive the one they really love as unattainable sounds like precisely the sort of angst Murasakino would do.

joined Apr 11, 2022

Yep, the worst. So next chapter we will get the sex scene with her being on the other of the wall ?

No please. That would turn me off completely.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

My body is ready for the Murasakino trainwreck angst

joined Apr 2, 2021

Normally I’d avoid stuff tagged as het but since it’s Murasakino I pretty much have to read it

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

It's really too early to say who Eri has feelings for. She may just be codependent on Yukari's friendship but genuinely interested in seeing where things go with Kyou. But of course we're hopeful that she would eventually realize that she wants to be with Yukari.

One hopeful thing is that in the opening, it makes more sense for Kyou to be reminiscent of those days if he was going to Yukari's and Eri's union of sorts. And I feel like it's highly unlikely for a groom to not have clear transportation prepared for his own wedding since he's taking a taxi and all. It's a bit angsty getting there but I don't want to disregard Eri's feelings either as there doesn't seem to be a villain (so far) outside of circumstance.

last edited at Feb 27, 2023 4:26AM

joined Jun 27, 2022

Not to be a contrarian but I think Eri genuinely likes the guy. If she was using him just to test Fuyuki, keeping the relationship a secret from Fuyuki wouldn't make any sense.

At the same time, the fact Eri thinks Fuyuki would try to distance herself from them if she knew they're dating is kinda suspicious. It makes me think Eri actually knows of Fuyuki's feelings for her. But she wants to have her pie and eat it too. She wants to date the guy but keep Fuyuki at her side as well. In simple terms, I think she's really selfish. But like I said before, I don't have a lot of evidence for this yet. It's just the impression I got.

Yup, she's not off to a good start. But still, Fuyuki seems to be very considerate so maybe that's why she wants to keep it a secret, even though it's really dumb and something you can't hide for long...

Just saying even if Fuyuki is not in love with her, it's no fun to hang around your two best friends who just got together as single. No one wants to be the 5th wheel.

Considering the first pages though it seems they had a fall out eventually. My guess is Fuyuki will date another woman to get over her first love and they'll drift even more apart. This Author really likes complicated, messy relationships

last edited at Feb 27, 2023 7:39AM

2443749-delicious-flat-chest
joined Jun 16, 2015

So far I'm liking this. It's feels real, you've got three childhood friends and a love triangle, one straight, one seems to be lesbian or bi, and the third either straight or bi All too often love triangles lead to heartbreak for at least one person involved. Very interested to see where this story is going to lead to.

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

Ooh, this is the good shit. MurasaKINO is the best.

Screenshot_20210628-161653_chrome
joined Oct 22, 2021

Am I the only one who feels that what Eri and Kyou did was shitty. And, trying to sneak behind Fuyuki's back just makes it ten times worse.

I agree with you on it, its selfish on Eri's part to just make face for what I'm assuming in her perspective as: "for Fuyuki's sake". I have hope in the resolve, but realistically speaking I can vouch on the side of Eri being messy on preserving her status quo in the friend group sort of, is damming.

But I'm rooting on Fuyuki to call her out on it, but to a degree that's not too, too melodramatic.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Okay lemme guess, Fuyuki tries to fuck around with her mysterious senpai to get over Eri, Eri gets jealous and tries to get Fuyuki back, Kyou is the mystery in this scenario

To reply you must either login or sign up.