20200119_124434
joined Jan 19, 2020

That was sweet

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

;u;

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

I was expecting much worse with that angst tag, but that was very nice.

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Kinda old fashioned.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

A whole lot of wishful thinking, but who doesn't dream of dropping all the trappings of daily life and flying, if even for a moment.

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

This is... meh. I dunno but I just find the MC to be so off putting.

joined Jun 12, 2015

And just like that they go on a trip? What?

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

They'll be back home in a couple of days

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

It does seem like it was inspired by late 1990s or early 2000s type of oneshots.
And it's sad that I have now grown into a cynical adult so this does not work for me, but it kinda made me feel nostalgia. I wonder if some teen reading this felt the same kind of emotions that we used to feel when reading stories like this one.

The gal gets slapped across the face and her reaction is literally, "Ain't got time for this, see ya"

last edited at Mar 20, 2023 12:46PM

joined Jun 11, 2021

these are such nothing stories to me at this point, feels like something that would've come out 15 years ago. theyre a dime a dozen. like its sweet until you think about it for 5 seconds. then it's like, alright they go on this trip and realize they don't have any money and then they have to go home. riveting

joined Jul 8, 2019

I was expecting much worse with that angst tag, but that was very nice.

I was expectin FAR worse when the "she has left the home, her parents came for her" card was played

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I've been a sucker for this kind of story in the past, but I'll be honest--the driver for running away together has to be a bit bigger than "I feel kind of angsty and aimless and I don't feel like my fairly adequate stepmother understands me".

I mean, nobody has even told them they can't be together, let alone pushed the rich girl into an arranged marriage or something. Sometimes kids are actually just being kind of dumb.

last edited at Mar 20, 2023 1:23PM

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Is it weird I though the one girl was a ghost? lol

joined Oct 27, 2018

MC is a sh**ty little brat, although I do say shame on step mother for putting her hands on her. They both suck.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

and then they realize they both need degrees and can't find a job to earn money for food. and then it transitions to that other Throw Away Your Suits Manga lol

joined Feb 10, 2022

I mean it's a pretty nice one shot but looks more like close friendship. Anyway

joined Jan 6, 2018

Real life doesn’t work this way, sigh

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Is it weird I though the one girl was a ghost? lol

I was about 90% sure she was a ghost who couldn't pass on until she fell in true love.

Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

They could maybe do temp or seasonal work, folks? Quite popular here in NZ. Tho, I don't think I got their age? Also, people can go ages on bicycles and some tents. Maybe she brought the bike on the train.

I'm sure the other girl probably has some expensive things she could sell to smooth things out. Maybe they have been dreaming for a while, and they have some cash saved up? This story is a bit vague, and there are quite a few cynical assumptions here.

I'm really cynical of the cynicism in here. Nada mention of the slap, except casually mentioning it as a a plot point, or in some false equivalence comparison. That's some serious shit right there. Good riddance to the legality of that kind of stuff here in NZ.

And seriously... this girl had some mental health issues, and still a bit at the end, but some people want to call here insults and make accusations...

This community can do better.

Also, tho this is no way as severe a situation, has no one on here never reacted like this after months of being mildy pissed off? I once quit on the spot at a warehousing job after someone kept throwing paperballs at me. Maybe they had been saving to travel for the future, but what happened speed things up? This happens when you get sick of crap and want a break.

last edited at Mar 20, 2023 4:49PM

joined Jan 21, 2020

Yea idk, i think severe depression is a good enough reason for drastic decisions.

like its sweet until you think about it for 5 seconds. then it's like, alright they go on this trip and realize they don't have any money and then they have to go home. riveting

Tbh youd be surprised how many people can (and often have to) make do under such conditions and potentially be happier than in their restrictive situations before. If anything, i feel like the fact that both these characters are willing to go as far should give us an idea of how happy they were with their life up till then.

Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

Real life doesn’t work this way, sigh

You say that... then nek minute...

Actually, giving every teenager the opportunity to go out and explore independently a bit, and to improve mental health, is something I would pay tax for. Would probably build travel habits for their future life too. Would improve mental health all round. Funding a proper intercity public transportation network would go a long way too. Too many people being dragged around everywhere by their parent because there is no other choice.

joined Jul 8, 2016

Ngl, I thought main girl would be inspired to be a maid for the rich girl. She'd get to be with her everyday and have something of a future that wouldn't require her to keep living life the way she was.

joined Aug 6, 2021

Damn, these bitches gay! Good for them, good for them.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Practical concerns aside, you only get one chance, in a lifetime to meet that special person, who changes your entire life. SOmetimes, you never get to meet them (which is a shame). I'm just going to be happy for them, and hope they move in with a cool auntie, who lives with her "roommate," who will take the two in.

Also, I still wish Shino was a ghost.

To reply you must either login or sign up.