Forum › The Witch's Marriage discussion

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

A wedding? In my Witch's marriage!?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Hold on

How the heck can this be the way to the door of truth if Melissas master got to it without doing any of this?

I’m pretty sure that opening the Door of Truth requires a large amount of power. Maybe Melissa’s master was able to raise her power high enough to open the door without having to do the whole contest song-and-dance, and the contest is just designed to give a couple that isn’t quite at that power the last little boost they need?

Then what about the keys

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

LOVE the art. Heh

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019
joined Apr 15, 2018

Chapter 39: "Cliffhanger!"

Chapter 40: "Oh, did you think that the cliffhanger would be RESOLVED in this? Fufufu, so naive! Why, there will probably be several more chapters before we get back to this!"

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

The final resolution of the once messy web series is upon us!

In probably a few months and a dozen more chapters!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Cute.

joined Jul 13, 2021

I may be misunderstanding this, but she's not a Lolicon meaning she has a young girl complex. She's a genuine villainess - as, apparently, are all successful witches - who's being defrosted by a sweet younger witch. The whole witch system seems pretty bad, anyway. Younger girls are just easier to use and abandon, is all.

Perhaps she enjoys using younger girls. Don’t kink shame her! ;) One could argue that—if she’s a “genuine villainess”—she enjoys being an opportunist. (Whether this has always been who she is, or what she became over time, it isn’t quite clear.)

What makes this a compelling trope is that—despite Melissa’s cold, uncaring disposition—she’s truly a tsundere when it comes to Tanya. She still seems to enjoy the naive nature of Tanya, but something about her has captivated Melissa in a way she didn’t expect.

I’m such a sucker for types like Melissa. God, I need therapy.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

As usual, for these two a crisis is just another chance to confirm the strength of their bond.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Hold on

How the heck can this be the way to the door of truth if Melissas master got to it without doing any of this?

I’m pretty sure that opening the Door of Truth requires a large amount of power. Maybe Melissa’s master was able to raise her power high enough to open the door without having to do the whole contest song-and-dance, and the contest is just designed to give a couple that isn’t quite at that power the last little boost they need?

Then what about the keys

I don’t know. Maybe they also serve to boost power? Maybe her Master got them on her own before meeting Melissa? Maybe they weren’t put into place until after her master crossed over, and before that it was more based on raw power? Or maybe the trials needed to get the keys change from time-to-time, and it just so happens that the contest was set up at some point after Melissa’s master did it?

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

This final sequence has gone much longer than I expected. This is a good thing, because it felt like it was going to wrap up unsatisfyingly in like two chapters before.

joined Mar 26, 2021

I guess this is ending with the kiss... At least we get to see one, right?

joined May 10, 2021

What a chapter.
Thanks a bunch for the translation!

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

She really just needs some closure, then everything should be fine. Seems like Shion was slightly wrong, though. Marriage Blues were caused by her worries about Tonya's reactions more than anything else (which makes the line about trusting Tonya make more sense). She's still just scared of losing Tonya just like from The Witch's Trial 3 chapter.

last edited at Apr 20, 2023 7:19PM

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Don't screw this up, Melissa! If you break her heart, I'm breaking your kneecaps!

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Capeche

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Even when they're helping you with your new girl, tsundere witches can be such a pain to handle... :D

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Even when they're helping you with your new girl, tsundere witches can be such a pain to handle... :D

Akko agrees

joined Nov 22, 2019

The fact that Melissa wore a giant white witch hat to her own wedding is hilarious.

PredatorDuck Uploader
Rin
joined Jun 27, 2018

I love the wedding dress with the witch hat so much, it's gorgeous.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

The fact that Melissa wore a giant white witch hat to her own wedding is hilarious.

It's the only way

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

You can do it!

PredatorDuck Uploader
Rin
joined Jun 27, 2018

The real Door of Truth was the girlfriend we made along the way.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

The real Door of Truth was the girlfriend we made along the way.

Arg, beat me to it!

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Aleast use the door for a nice trip anyway.

To reply you must either login or sign up.