Forum › About a College Girl Who Gets Picked Up at a Mixer by an Older Girl discussion

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Ako is easily my favorite character now.

last edited at Mar 1, 2023 12:46AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Adorable. ^_^

joined Dec 20, 2022

how old actually is natsuko?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Tomo-chan - clever girl.

Moka...

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Moka-chan's faces crack me up.

joined Aug 23, 2011

Something about the curry girl wanting to sneak in chocolate rubbed me the wrong way. Even fluffy yuri can't escape the brainwashing of our corporate overlords. Truly, we live in a society.

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

I Hope more Hapiness keep coming Ako's way.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Fuyuka-sama <3

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Fuyuka's good at her job. :D

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

For some reason, there's now a part of me that wants Fuyuka to become Ako's girl

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Mhm now i wonder if chocolate in (japanese) curry would work :thinking:
It does in chili at least so the possibility is there~

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Mhm now i wonder if chocolate in (japanese) curry would work :thinking:
It does in chili at least so the possibility is there~

I'm sure I've seen this used elsewhere as well.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Now that was a panic-inducing phone call... Luckily she did better than expected in the end. :D

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

What manga can teach you about Japanese girls:
O they can find bandmates, best friends, and future lovers merely by running with toast in their mouths.
X if they run in the rain, they catch a cold and die (or almost die)
= Pudding is more important than Love, Family and Career.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Adorable. ^_^

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Rika's cuteness is a certified WMD!

Truewarrior
joined Dec 13, 2014

As far as green peppers go, I'd suggest diceing them and sauteing In oil. Like onions they tend to mellow out when cooked (and the two are quite good together on a sandwich or in fajitas). Otherwise if bell peppers in general suffice you could go for red ones as they are riper and usually a bit sweeter.

Beyond that, maybe cooking them a while in a soup with various other vegetables could deal with it especially if you like various spices that could cover it up.

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

Why do you even need to eat green peppers if you don't want to? I'm not aware of them providing anything irreplaceable or even remarkable.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

I think green peppers are the archetypical “disliked food” among Japanese children. Coincidentally they are also one of my least favorite foods, but I love poblanos, so go figure

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I think green peppers are the archetypical “disliked food” among Japanese children. Coincidentally they are also one of my least favorite foods, but I love poblanos, so go figure

I haven't heard of the poblano peppers before (upon googling it, I've come to the conclusion I have seen them before, presumably under a different name), so the first image that conjured up in my head was your pfp eating the pfp of a Discord friend of mine whom me and mutual Discord friend call Poblano

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

i have never particularly been a fan of the manga trend toward overly-long, overly-descriptive, on-the-nose manga titles (“A Story About These Characters, What’s Going to Happen to Them and How It’s Going to Turn Out!!”), and this series is a good example of why not.

That mixer was always a bit of a fakeout anyway, and at this point it’s so far in the thematic rearview mirror that we had to be reminded that it ever even happened by a side-character callback. My point being that any title for this one that doesn’t communicate “lovey-dovey domestic bliss” is so outdated as to constitute false advertising.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

i have never particularly been a fan of the manga trend toward overly-long, overly-descriptive, on-the-nose manga titles (“A Story About These Characters, What’s Going to Happen to Them and How It’s Going to Turn Out!!”), and this series is a good example of why not.

That mixer was always a bit of a fakeout anyway, and at this point it’s so far in the thematic rearview mirror that we had to be reminded that it ever even happened by a side-character callback. My point being that any title for this one that doesn’t communicate “lovey-dovey domestic bliss” is so outdated as to constitute false advertising.

i think at least half of it comes from how most of these stories start out as oneshots. And for those the title makes perfect sense, it says right on the tin what you're getting into. But then when a story like that gets picked up for a serialization they keep the name bc it's the same work/to make sure it's recognized as related thus creating said issue

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

i think at least half of it comes from how most of these stories start out as oneshots. And for those the title makes perfect sense, it says right on the tin what you're getting into. But then when a story like that gets picked up for a serialization they keep the name bc it's the same work/to make sure it's recognized as related thus creating said issue

You're quite right about that. I recall reading the first chapters and thinking it would be at most a one-to-maybe-three chapter series. I wouldn't say that this has been notably inventive in its storytelling, but the characters are so charming I don't mind if they keep fluffing it up indefinitely.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

You're quite right about that. I recall reading the first chapters and thinking it would be at most a one-to-maybe-three chapter series. I wouldn't say that this has been notably inventive in its storytelling, but the characters are so charming I don't mind if they keep fluffing it up indefinitely.

Haha, the mcs were retconned quite extensively, weren't they? Especially Natsuko! Looking at them before and now, it's kind of like comparing the beginnings of Virgins' Empire and the present state of things.

I laughed a lot at the chapter where Rika recalls their first meeting and she... well, she basically tells Natsuko: "Hey, rereading the first chapters, you were a total Casanova, huh? A master womanizer! It didn't even take you an hour to throw me on a bed and bang me! Gee, I wonder how many hundreds of girls you have seduced before me?"

Then a panicky Natsuko, after denying that she ever was a player, explains the terms of the retcon to both Rika and the readers. According to this new version of the story, she just looked cool in the first chapters because she was desperately trying to hide her nervousness and incompetence -- and it was pure dumb luck that she did a great job of it! The new canon is that she was a goofball from day one!

Personally I don't mind at all the retcon -- as I like how the manga is slowly turning into something like a second A Room for Two -- but I nevertheless find it worth a chuckle that the author felt the need to write a whole chapter just to justify herself. Hee.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Haha, the mcs were retconned quite extensively, weren't they? Especially Natsuko! Looking at them before and now, it's kind of like comparing the beginnings of Virgins' Empire and the present state of things.

I laughed a lot at the chapter where Rika recalls their first meeting and she... well, she basically tells Natsuko: "Hey, rereading the first chapters, you were a total Casanova, huh? A master womanizer! It didn't even take you an hour to throw me on a bed and bang me! Gee, I wonder how many hundreds of girls you have seduced before me?"

Then a panicky Natsuko, after denying that she ever was a player, explains the terms of the retcon to both Rika and the readers. According to this new version of the story, she just looked cool in the first chapters because she was desperately trying to hide her nervousness and incompetence -- and it was pure dumb luck that she did a great job of it! The new canon is that she was a goofball from day one!

Personally I don't mind at all the retcon -- as I like how the manga is slowly turning into something like a second A Room for Two -- but I nevertheless find it worth a chuckle that the author felt the need to write a whole chapter just to justify herself. Hee.

You’re right—in re-reading the start of the series, Natsuko is a total smooth operator for the first 4 chapters (although not giving off real predatory vibes, or doing anything Rita isn’t OK with).

Then comes the revelation that she’s a bus driver who has had her eye on Rika as a “nice girl” for a while and who just happened to run into her at the mixer.

After that it’s full-speed ahead with the wholesome lovey-dovey, and with Rika as a surprisingly thirsty little lesbian.

(And the first 7 chapters hit Dynasty all at once, so readers immediately knew how anodyne the series was going to be. I wonder what the tone of the first sets of comments might have been had we been getting it chapter-by-chapter from the start.)

To reply you must either login or sign up.