Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

This series was so cute with all the suggestive bullying. There was no foreshadowing to the evil wolves and this whole saving the world from some random wolves seems so contrived. I'm so sorry but the story was better when it didn't take itself too seriously. Well, anyway the main couple is still cute.

Didn’t the series begin with the System telling Evie to either push Elsa off a roof or else watch a mysterious force do it instead? It’s not like this series hasn’t scattered hints about some sinister force just behind all the cutesy romance stuff.

last edited at Feb 27, 2023 4:07AM

joined Nov 22, 2019

Story prediction I just thought of: Yvonne as a kid meets Elsa and promises her that she's gonna date or marry her in the future, and that's the promise that Elsa was talking about. So the reason that Yvonne couldn't remember the promise is because she hadn't made it yet.

joined Aug 6, 2021

I don't know if I'm gonna be continuing to read this anymore. It feels like all of the progress in the central relationship has been lost because of a shoehorned in and undeveloped plot point. What does the author hope to do with this? It's like all the satisfaction of reading for 50+ chapters over a year+ is replaced with annoyance. How does this develop the story or their relationship?

joined Oct 21, 2018

I feel… like the Author didn’t know where to go next with the story….

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

It seems nobody talked about the Ring of Time yet. Where did it go? It was on Yvonne's finger when the maid started dressing her and gone on the next panel. I suspect it is going to be important for Yvonne's return to the present, lest she will have to take the long way back.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I love TT and I think Elisa the Scary Witch is amazing. It would be great if TTed Yvonne met naive Elisa. Hopefully we learn how Elisa learned about the "game system" which seems to be a pretty s__t system if your choices end up being kill the MC/Kill the MC. Romances that mess with time often have more/less experienced versions of the partners crossing paths. I think the story is more interesting than ever.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Of all the implementations of time travel they picked one that makes even less sense than I could possibly imagine. She actually gets sent back (in the sense she needs to go "back to the future" later), but is now an adult's mind in a child's body? Where did the actual child Evie go then?

...and yeah it's confirmed that the witch told her nothing specific about the mission. It's not like I followed this because of a plot that makes sense, but it feels even more contrived and less thought out than usual :P

last edited at Feb 27, 2023 6:14AM

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

I don't hate the new directions this story is going in but it's weird how many tangents this plot has gone and is going in.

C6w4tblwoaaksdj
joined Mar 25, 2021

but shes so fucking adorable

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, that went exactly as expected. Now to see what exactly her promise was about.

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

This series was so cute with all the suggestive bullying. There was no foreshadowing to the evil wolves and this whole saving the world from some random wolves seems so contrived. I'm so sorry but the story was better when it didn't take itself too seriously. Well, anyway the main couple is still cute.

I mean, when you see a demon lord out in the wild injured (Chapter 45), that's already a red flag.

And the fact that there are things in her past that needed to be explained. I mean if anything the fluff of the past couple chapters is the actual break in the flow. The earlier chapters were always split between the system focus and it's those aspects that have been put to the side. Now we're back to more plot besides just the romance and I imagine we'll develop more of their connection through these past events (I'm actually confident these events will start doing what the story use to do and reaffirm their romance while also pushing the narrative further).

I'm also petty confident something that was mentioned earlier related to Evie will happen here. She has gaps in her memories if we go by what Else mentioned (set up many chapters ago, mind you). Everything has been hinted at since earlier in the series but there's always these doomsday comments when authors tries to do more than the normal fluff. The writing always coincidentally becomes "terrible," (which isn't to say that the writing here is top grade, just that "awareness" seems to perk up at these predictable moments no matter the writing quality).

last edited at Feb 27, 2023 8:24AM

joined Sep 9, 2016

>.>

<.<

(waiting)

Really? No one? Fine, I'll do it myself.

Oh look, it's Yvonne SMOLlett!

last edited at Feb 27, 2023 8:39AM

joined Jul 5, 2022

cute baby Evie fanservice >>> plot

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

The promise will probably be what creates the Villainess Route and throws the system into deadlock or something.

But, more important, tiny Evie cute! Cute!

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Where did the actual child Evie go then?

Probably went to the same place the adult Evie went to when the player took over her body at the beginning of the story. Let's not forget "Evie" wasn't truly Evie but an isekai'd otaku woman from Earth.

last edited at Feb 27, 2023 9:18AM

joined Jul 29, 2022

Ok i know that with is her after she tell this one specific line and only thing i have in mind was ohh no

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Probably went to the same place the adult Evie went to when the player took over her body at the beginning of the story. Let's not forget "Evie" wasn't truly Evie but an isekai'd otaku woman from Earth.

... I guess this is actually a good point that it's no weirder than basic isekai premise. I usually mentally ignore this aspect of the story because it will never not be dumb for me :P

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

How old was she when the isekai version took over? Had this kid Evie already been taken over?

And I know it was said earlier, but does going back in time actually solve anything? It already happened in her timeline, but it doesn't appear to have fixed the wolves issue. Or is it just a case of "it happened in one timeline, it must happen every time"?

but there's always these doomsday comments when authors tries to do more than the normal fluff. The writing always coincidentally becomes "terrible"

Don't worry, it will turn around when everyone realizes this is just an excuse for fluff between them as kids

last edited at Feb 27, 2023 10:34AM

Boch
joined Aug 9, 2020

Oh look, it's Yvonne SMOLlett!

Now we are witnessing a time when Evie still lived up to her family's name.

At least present day Elsa can still honor the role when they get married.

last edited at Feb 27, 2023 3:13PM

joined Sep 10, 2022

but there's always these doomsday comments when authors tries to do more than the normal fluff. The writing always coincidentally becomes "terrible"

Don't worry, it will turn around when everyone realizes this is just an excuse for fluff between them as kids

Haha, yeah I know (that's also the typical pattern). But that's part of the point though, since I think it should be clearer to readers that this is likely just an avenue to provide more backstory and reaffirm their relationship (while also handling the system plot that's been put aside for a bit). I mean Elsa talked about a kiss from when they were younger that Evie didn't remember and I imagine we will see that (we need to because the story didn't address that "loss of memory yet" and it wasn't a throw away line).

last edited at Feb 27, 2023 12:08PM

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

How old was she when the isekai version took over? Had this kid Evie already been taken over?

I think she was fairly young. She clearly remembers being with her father and Garth when she was a child, and there’s also a bit about how she made sure to learn a variety of skills because she knew she would need them once the plot began. I wouldn’t be surprised if she has lived most, if not all, of Evie’s life up to this point.

Haha, yeah I know (that's also the typical pattern). But that's part of the point though, since I think it should be clearer to readers that this is likely just an avenue to provide more backstory and reaffirm their relationship (while also handling the system plot that's been put aside for a bit). I mean Elsa talked about a kiss from when they were younger that Evie didn't remember and I imagine we will see that (we need to because the story didn't address that "loss of memory yet" and it wasn't a throw away line).

Ironically, that would make the writing worse. An author isn’t supposed to tell readers what the point of an arc is. That’s for the readers to discover on their own.

joined Sep 10, 2022

Ironically, that would make the writing worse. An author isn’t supposed to tell readers what the point of an arc is. That’s for the readers to discover on their own.

The "typical pattern" I referred to was about the comments not the plot of the story. Maybe there was some miscommunication there and you thought I was saying something I wasn't?

If not then, no, I don't believe the writer explicitly told us anything. The memory issue is just a clear plot point that has to be resolved, just like Chekhov's gun. How they handle the issue of her past and the fact that Elsa has memories that she does not can still be varied but that discrepancy must be dealt with. That's not a mark against the quality of the writing. Most people here have acted like the outcome is uncertain so it seems everyone isn't getting the same impression. I'm just speaking from my perspective as a writer and discussing what strategies the writer is likely employing to handle multiple plot threads at once. The main point was that none of this time stuff is sudden, it's all been planted as the story has progressed, so those seeds had to grow at some point or their inclusion (like Elsa talking about her memories) would have been somewhat pointless.

I am interested in how this goes though. There's a lot they can do with the story now that we've gone back to the past. I wondered where the story had left to go once Elsa and Evie got together.

last edited at Feb 27, 2023 2:06PM

joined Mar 25, 2021

Elsa would probably squeal if she sees just how cute the young Evie is.

joined Feb 24, 2023

I don’t mind this plot point I just hope it doesn’t meander for to long

joined Jun 29, 2017

Is this why evie doesn't remember meeting elsa when they were a kid? Cause it's the old evie that met young elsa when they're kids hmm

last edited at Feb 27, 2023 4:21PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.