Forum › Sky Blue Melancholic discussion

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I don't know why but the line "I just happened to be there when she popped off on her" gave me quite a chuckle.

And what is this a prequel to? And which girl is Bun actually in love with the best friend or the douchy top celeb girl?

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

This is a prequel to Cotton Candy.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I remember stumbling on the empty page for this on Mangadex when it was added last year. Glad to see someone has picked up the series now. I'm definitely curious to see how the story goes, since we already know how it ends.

last edited at Feb 21, 2023 11:27AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Cotton Candy was excellent angsty fluff (or fluffy angst?). This one looks maybe a tad more dramatic, but in any case I’m on board.

joined Jan 21, 2020

I remember stumbling on the empty page for this on Mangadex when it was added last year. Glad to see someone has picked up the series now. I'm definitely curious to see how the story goes, since we already know how it ends.

Its not said wether bun is single in cotton candy but it would be nice if she got some kinda happy ending in this.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Its not said wether bun is single in cotton candy but it would be nice if she got some kinda happy ending in this.

Given what we know from Cotton Candy, I'm expecting a bittersweet ending.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Given what we know from Cotton Candy, I'm expecting a bittersweet ending.

Yeah, and what we know, or we can infer, is:

• She gets a wedding invitation (in both series) from someone who makes her think about the past

• She’s pretty grounded about how to deal with heartbreak

• She seems like a cheerful, level-headed person

• Mii doesn’t associate her with a partner in the present

So absolutely almost certainly bittersweet, at least in regard to the past.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Re-Destro looking extra kawaii on pg2

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

This is a prequel to Cotton Candy.

Thank you Thank you! Reading that it doesn't sound like this one is going to have a happy ending for poor Bun-chan @_@ because I assume the wedding invitation she got during CC is most likely the girl she is in love with in this series.

last edited at Feb 21, 2023 2:53PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

this one is interesting, because the wedding invitation has to be for the girl Bun-chan used to like, but there's two girls here! How awful haha, I do wonder though if this is going to be more than just a story of an unrequited love and have Bun-chan get lucky with the other girl in the end.

Right now we have Mahiro who Bun-chan has known for a long time, and Kiko-senpai who is someone that frustrates Bun-chan, and while I think Mahiro is the girl Bun-chan liked and who sent the wedding invitation in the present, Kiko sure is also here and I wonder how that relationship is going to develop/be revealed to stand in the present by the end of this prequel.

joined Mar 19, 2020

Yeah could do a time skip where she meets up with the senpai in the present and happy ending implied, or not

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

Oh, a prequel ! So bad ending incoming ?

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

This is absolutely spectacular! I am definitely up for more!

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I have a hard time associating the name "Bun-chan" with anyone except Umino Chica-sensei's cat.

Fb_img_1596724226396
joined May 14, 2017

Holy shiet
It's happening

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

I just re-read Cotton Candy and now there's a prequel? This isn't helping my main character syndrome at all.

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

I remember reading Cotton Candy and after they had that reveal that the main girl's cousin (Bun-chan) also had a thing for a girl I was like "I wanna know HER story!" But, now that it's a thing all I'm thinking is "Oh god...this is going to hurt to read..."

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I don't know why but the line "I just happened to be there when she popped off on her" gave me quite a chuckle.

And what is this a prequel to? And which girl is Bun actually in love with the best friend or the douchy top celeb girl?

Seems like Bun-chan is in love with Mahiro for now, but I'm not discounting the possibility that she might come to like the senpai later.

joined Oct 22, 2021

Ah, a prequel to a classic.
I for one, welcome boomer-yuri. If we do not die to AI's I would love to have one or two old-fashioned series in parallell to new stuff.
See- > A Sukeban, a Transfer Student, and Their Silly Little Game (Translate pls)

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I'm gonna bet on friction...going with Kikosenpai

joined Aug 21, 2017

Good stuff.

I for one, welcome boomer-yuri. If we do not die to AI's I would love to have one or two old-fashioned series in parallell to new stuff.

I haven't even read the prequel and you're still making me feel old! lol

joined Jul 21, 2020

So Bun loves... who? This first chapter made me confused...

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I haven't even read the prequel and you're still making me feel old! lol

If 2018 yuri is boomer yuri, then I fear my age can only be measured geologically at this point

last edited at Feb 22, 2023 1:35AM

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

That art is great on page 3.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The semi-player lesbian senpai who has the MC’s number (“it’s obvious who you really like but don’t have the balls to say so”) gives me strong Takemiya Jin vibes.

To reply you must either login or sign up.