Forum › Snow Thaw & Love Letter discussion

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Edit: With how this manga has gone so far, I expect Meiko to instantly start hardcore shipping Natsuki/Shun next chapter.

... in which case the president should watch out, she already commited an offense that may land her at the bottom of the stairs

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

If you have attempt murder to keep your ship together, it ain't true

If you ain't willing to attempt murder to keep your ship together, are you really a fan?

This seems like the kind of conversation that requires a Nice Boat reference.

As a former Azur Lane player, all boats are nice, even the deranged ones, like Roon.

joined Oct 21, 2013

Time for prez can get it on with secretary. Maybe involving thumb tacks.

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

"Oh mah gaw, all this dokidoki in mah kokoro but also in mah ladyparts...!"

Fuck's sake, prez, get it together.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Edit: With how this manga has gone so far, I expect Meiko to instantly start hardcore shipping Natsuki/Shun next chapter.

I mean, everyone else in the school (or at least their class) is, of course she'll join, now that she has been shown the true way.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Simultaneously surprised and not surprised my prediction was correct. Still enjoying this manga a lot. Let's do another:
I predict that one of them will visit the others' house within the next one or two chapters.

I think this one is lower probability than the attempted murder, mainly because of the potential "Let's go on a date" route. But what's the fun of predictions if you cover all your bases?

Just for giggles, put me down for cold > sickness visit.

Oh oh and then lets put down their first official date will be to an aquarium!

I predict the next chapter will announce an upcoming school trip. I feel good about this one
Edit: Also, I'm surprised no one made this joke, but here I go
"Jinkies, it's Uchida Meiko!"

last edited at Mar 13, 2023 6:42PM

joined Apr 11, 2019

I'm still holding onto my belief that Shun is more aware of her surroundings than she comes across, and that she first approached Hinata because she noticed her lonely expression.

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 9:41AM

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Aww Poor Hinata no wonder she just went for the kiss so quickly poor girl is so confused with a puppy like Shun around like that I would have done the same thing haha.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Now that is what I call a Genki girl. She radiates it, awesome.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Adorable. ^_^

Smirk
joined Oct 6, 2021

I know this is fiction, but even the idea that a school would allow a fan club with a budget etc. about a student is insane

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

She could kiss her again and that explain everything

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, then... Hopefully she'll just answer honestly.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Well, then... Hopefully she'll just answer honestly.

Or, she channels Hitori Bocchi and EXPLODES into a cloud of Pink Yuri Dust.

Img-20230104-wa0002
joined Dec 16, 2022

I know this is fiction, but even the idea that a school would allow a fan club with a budget etc. about a student is insane

Sounds like money laundering to me

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Honestly wouldn't shock me if she was honest here as fast as she's moving and realizing her feelings for Shun.. HOWEVER she's totes going to lie here and make some stupid excuse right?

joined Aug 21, 2017

Holy hell they're actually addressing it? They're not just going to gloss over it? Blindsided. Shaken. Dazed. I thought I had the author dead pegged but I was the one read like a book.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

...Blindsided. Shaken. Dazed...

"Dazed, reeling, about to break...".

I don't know why, but I'm also surprised they're actually addressing that. I'm hoping they go with a sincere answer, either that she's overcome with feelings she can't exactly put a finger on or maybe straight up admitting she's in love with her or something. Anything that doesn't dodge the issue.

last edited at Apr 12, 2023 3:38PM

joined Sep 5, 2022

Shun is way too strong. Her positive and earnest approach to this situation is such a breath of fresh air in Yuri

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Hinata is so bold with that confession. And Shun is just her normal adorable self. This is gonna be fun to see how long Hinata can compose herself and not jump on top of Shun and rip her clothes off haha.

I really love this series it's straight and to the point without any confusion between these two they've both been honest and it's working so well for both of the.

Who breaks first? Shun realizing her feelings or HInata stealing another kiss from her? (Obviously it's Hinata right?)

Maybe the next kiss will make Shun realize her feelings since she's now conscience of her? Gah this series is so good!

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

It's good, but also not good. At least the good part is pretty nice, like clean art and bit more bold and direct protagonists than usual.

That said, we still got the kind of silly "I had no idea I was hella gay despite being a high school student in a girl's school" trope for both of them. It's one thing if someone is closeted, or resisting or traumatized about it. But not having even ounce of a crush and sexual feelings prior to that is some slow development, to say the least.

Perhaps they'll remember something about their past now that it's pretty relevant.

last edited at May 5, 2023 10:33AM

joined May 10, 2021

Man... What a confession, and what a sweet-ass chapter!
Thanks for the translation!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well done, Hinata-chan, here's to your future happiness together! ^_^

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

The progression here is even faster than the vampire one. Love it.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

"...I guess I ended up getting your first time..." them's thin ice the girl's treading, but I do like the spunk this line has.

I know that's exactly what I was hoping would happen, but I did not expect it to be exactly what I'd been hoping would happen. Feels a bit weird, to be honest. Seriously, though, I'm a big fan of how everything went down this chapter. I'm particularly loving Hinata being just wholly sincere, and also page 14's "we'll stick together..." "twist" got a really good giggle out of me. It's perfectly in character.

I do want to point out, though... if one would say that this is contrived or just exists to artificially extend the series, I wouldn't necessarily disagree. There was no reasonable reason not to have the two start going out at this point since it's clear that Shun is gay in all but name and most definitely reciprocates Hinata's feelings. That said, for whatever reason, I simply don't mind it. We're gonna have at least 3 chapters of them pussyfooting around the thing with Shun getting repeatedly hit by the big gay until it sticks and Hinata desperately trying not to absolutely maul the girl, and I'm all for it. I think it's the cute factor; I simply know it'll just be cute and endearing and fun, and I live for this shit so hook me the fuck up.

To reply you must either login or sign up.