Forum › The Feared Witch of Taisho discussion

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I guess it's one of those "Aww poor baybee!" kind of stories?

That's 100% fine by me! I love me some pity-fest fiction from time to time!

And there's the Yuri tag so sooner or later there will be somebody to comfort poor baby witch. All's right with the world!

joined Aug 21, 2017

This looks fun. I like the art style a lot. Looking forward to more!

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

How did you know I was wanting more "Western witch in Japan Yuri" after reading "The Miko's Words and the Witches Incantations" earlier today?! I think I need to check to see if I'm being followed...

Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

And there's the Yuri tag so sooner or later there will be somebody to comfort poor baby witch. All's right with the world!

Idk about that. I mean, I hope it is, but I see stuff get posted here sometimes that’s preemptively tagged with yuri, but is later removed when it turns out to not go there. This manga seems good so far, and I’m definitely looking forward to more, but right now it kinda seems like one of those stories that was just tagged as yuri by default when it debuted on this site. I hope I’m proven wrong. This is just the first chapter after all, but I just feel like it’s really only gonna focus on the witch and her trials and tribulations, not her relationships.

If anyone can confirm that it’s yuri, though, that’d be awesome. Our little witch could use a Japanese girlfriend to help her out in this less than welcoming place, after all.

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Our little witch could use a Japanese girlfriend to help her out in this less than welcoming place, after all.

Stay tuned for the next chapters, peeps.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Wow I really really like the pencil art style it just works so well. This should be a fun series. I can't wait for more.

joined May 10, 2021

Great start, looks like a fun (and kinda not) witchy SoL. Also the art is damn great!

joined Feb 18, 2022

Not complaints, but she's too cute for those reactions to be realistic.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Time to accidentally summon a demon from Hell when making magic perfume!

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Idk about that. I mean, I hope it is, but I see stuff get posted here sometimes that’s preemptively tagged with yuri, but is later removed when it turns out to not go there. This manga seems good so far, and I’m definitely looking forward to more, but right now it kinda seems like one of those stories that was just tagged as yuri by default when it debuted on this site. I hope I’m proven wrong. This is just the first chapter after all, but I just feel like it’s really only gonna focus on the witch and her trials and tribulations, not her relationships.

If anyone can confirm that it’s yuri, though, that’d be awesome. Our little witch could use a Japanese girlfriend to help her out in this less than welcoming place, after all.

it's tagged as yuri on the raw site at least, so there's a good chance i'd say

joined Jan 21, 2020

The art on this is honestly gourgeos

joined Jul 8, 2019

this DoReMi prequel looks nice ;-)

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

I like the atmosphere this art has.

joined Jun 11, 2016
  1. That fox was cute as hell. I want to fight those idiots for saying it's a monster.

2. Is she a loli, or is this a case of older than she looks?

Anw, thanks guys for doing this series, it seems like a lot of fun.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Taishō best period! This looks like it might fit nicely on the heels of My Master Has No Tail.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013
  1. Is she a loli, or is this a case of older than she looks?

I normally consider loli to be in the end a physical description, so she's a loli whether or not she's older than she looks.
If I had to guess, I would suspect she is somewhat older than she looks, young adult at any rate, but not old. Old enough to be trusted to do research, alone in a foreign land, to help save witch town's magic. But not an old, experienced witch--the "much much older than they look" types normally have a certain self-confidence and blase disregard for the opinions of lesser mortals that she doesn't have.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021
  1. Is she a loli, or is this a case of older than she looks?

I normally consider loli to be in the end a physical description, so she's a loli whether or not she's older than she looks.
If I had to guess, I would suspect she is somewhat older than she looks, young adult at any rate, but not old. Old enough to be trusted to do research, alone in a foreign land, to help save witch town's magic. But not an old, experienced witch--the "much much older than they look" types normally have a certain self-confidence and blase disregard for the opinions of lesser mortals that she doesn't have.

Also she seems to be a recently graduated witch

Also also is it just me or that fox resembles Bebe from Madoka Magica?

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I like the art. I wonder what an animator could do with it.

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

I LOVE THE ART, OMG, I love it-
It's on the same magazine than Girls Last Tour/Shimeji Simulation, right? They sure like these odd, cute, tragic and warm stories with charming art style-

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

This gives me comfy vibes

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Definitely has potential. Hope that it is not too angsty and too full of drama - not going to say anything against it if it is, it's just that is not my preferred style of story.

joined May 29, 2022

Smol

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

A witch AND a midget?! Damn, shit sucks, hope she finds a gf

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

So puny

Carrying around strange ingredients is very witchy.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

sniff aaah... I just LOVE the smell of outcast characters meeting someone who is willing to listen to them and become their friend!

last edited at Feb 13, 2023 9:24PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.