Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

GTL tones down foul language a lot :)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

When you're being an idiot, you better be ready to be called one.

But on the positive side, she's already in bed, so...

joined Dec 4, 2022

please,, i hope that there will be a follow up to the new chapter and that it will not skip to them at school or something

joined May 9, 2017

To be honest, while Mitsuki wasn't thinking straight on that one, Aya's friend could have refused as well. We don't know what they talked about but while I understand her frustration of seeing her friend getting friendly super quickly with Mitsuki, i feel like she has been nothing but grumpy since the beginning of the manga.

Anyway, am I the only one who has trouble understanding what's happening sometimes ? The way the panels are layout can be confusing...

Que_verduras_puede_comer_mi_hamster_29106_600
joined Nov 13, 2022

Anyway, am I the only one who has trouble understanding what's happening sometimes ? The way the panels are layout can be confusing...

I know you are not alone in that one, already saw some people too with that eeeh no problem, "take"? I think that is the word in english~
For my part never happened to me and even make a lot of sense, more given is only 4 pages, so I think is really well done, but that is me and well.... I was a teacher of comics and panel compositions so I had a long way of seeing them and various takes in making them; so totally unfair to give the "how dont u get it?" speech hahaha

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

Now the tickets are wasted, WASTED

It was RHCP, there might be a next time...

Considering she didn’t show up until after the show would have ended, I’m assuming she went (because at that point you’re just wasting the tickets if you don’t go), and went to yell at Mitsuki afterwards.

Yeah we'll likely learn that her friend and her talked it out during the event. Then she came to yell at Mitsuki after.

joined May 9, 2017

I know you are not alone in that one, already saw some people too with that eeeh no problem, "take"? I think that is the word in english~
For my part never happened to me and even make a lot of sense, more given is only 4 pages, so I think is really well done, but that is me and well.... I was a teacher of comics and panel compositions so I had a long way of seeing them and various takes in making them; so totally unfair to give the "how dont u get it?" speech hahaha

It's not like I don't get it, it's that sometimes I need to re-read it two/three times to fully understand everything.

Like in this chapter, at the end of page 2, there is a small panel about somebody knocking out at the uncle's store, then in the third page, there is a lot of stuff happening and in small panel, we can see somebody removing there shoes, then going upstairs. Then we see it's Aya. Except before knowing she would showed up, those panels where barely noticeable. Had to re-read it to make sense of those.

Anyway, it's true that over all, this is still good story telling in such a short amount of pages, but I feel like sometimes, the shortcuts the author has to make to make it fit in 4 pages make it a bit confusing. Nothing too serious though.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

future girlfriend pissed succesfully. gj XD

Que_verduras_puede_comer_mi_hamster_29106_600
joined Nov 13, 2022

It's not like I don't get it, it's that sometimes I need to re-read it two/three times to fully understand everything.

Like in this chapter, at the end of page 2, there is a small panel about somebody knocking out at the uncle's store, then in the third page, there is a lot of stuff happening and in small panel, we can see somebody removing there shoes, then going upstairs. Then we see it's Aya. Except before knowing she would showed up, those panels where barely noticeable. Had to re-read it to make sense of those.

Aaaah yes yes! In this case I think the author did this on purpose, I mean, it's something used to give that feeling of messy/caotic/etc. Is a way to show the state of one character for example; like here that even Koga is "still", in her head is going on a lot of things and so the exterior is used for that~ And so the sudden appearance of Aya is the "wake up"/clear of all that caotic state of panel and emotions~

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

I'm guessing that this is going to be our couples first "domestic", which will hopefully lead to the "making up" swiftly afterwards

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Oh my god, I am like a starved man eating his first meal in days. No yuri manga updates for more than 30 hours… I could have died…!

I am glad that Aya is giving Mitsuki the stern talking to that she deserves

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Meanwhile at DeepL

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Now the tickets are wasted, WASTED

This is happening five hours later. She met with Chizuru at 4 and showed up at Mitsuki's at 9. They clearly went to the concert.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Thank you for the answers on the Japanese! And yeah, my N1 translator friend agrees.

But yeah, the art on this one was really detailed compared to usual stuff. I missed the socks, the stomp, the "brrrm", uncle's desk, "hey mitsuki".

joined Oct 19, 2010

Damn I love this series. It’s gorgeous and I’m riveted every chapter.

61f8f9de6afa98bcb0f186a1_736_640_20945%20(1)
joined Mar 25, 2021

she's mad mad hahahha

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

I'm guessing that this is going to be our couples first "domestic", which will hopefully lead to the "making up" swiftly afterwards

I do get a distinct "Now apologize and kiss me" vibe off those expressions in the last page. Hopefully no physical abuse, though; I hate that slap then kiss shit.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

I think they can still make it to the show. RCHP is the headliner so they go on later after the opening bands play first.

"It's getting pretty late. I hope ... they are back from the show."

He's scratching his head.

Oh I see, music stuff on the table in front him, I'd missed that. Without that, I took, him apparently scratching the panel border as a stylized "worrying outside door".

Art denser and more chaotic than I'm used to.

What's the Japanese translated as "fucking idiot"?

ふざけんな!!!

In Japanese, this is a strong way to tell a person to quit messing around, or it is a way to express your anger at someone else who you feel is being an idiot. It isn't polite at all.

Hence, my take on it.

I'm coming out of the woodwork to comment on this. I think instead of "You fucking idiot!" a better phrase to use may be "Are you fucking kidding me?" or "Are you trying to fuck with me?" The meaning is a little different contextually.

The inner thoughts of Mizuki about not hearing it are also a little off for me personally. The translation is correct, but I think the meaning didn't carry across quite well. From pages 3 to 4, Mizuki is basically lamenting the fact that she's not an extrovert who'd just accept someone into her space/life easily. She's expecting Aya to ditch her to get back with Chizuru as friends. Mizuki doesn't think Chizuru would accept her as a friend and didn't think she'd be able to make another friend so soon after giving her full effort just to tell Aya the truth. There was a visible effort for Mizuki to not read what Aya is texting her about. So what she's really saying is "If I don't have to hear about it (Aya and Chizuru rekindle friendship), then I won't have to feel bad/rejected again/" She's essentially expecting to have lost an important friend. This is why the last panel is now showing us Aya is actually texting Mizuki saying "I'm coming over!"

So honestly, I think instead of saying "You're a fucking idiot!" which can be translated that way, it may be better to say "Are you fucking kidding me?!"

ANYWAYS JUST MY THOUGHTS GOODBYE FOREVER

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

I do get a distinct "Now apologize and kiss me" vibe off those expressions in the last page. Hopefully no physical abuse, though; I hate that slap then kiss shit.

Just to clarify, in UK terms "a domestic" is an abbreviated form of "domestic argument", it does not automatically mean domestic violence. A couple can be arguing loudly, without actually shouting, and we would call it a domestic ... though I guess it's a term older people, rather than younger use.

Smallerowl2jpg
joined May 5, 2020

I'm guessing that this is going to be our couples first "domestic", which will hopefully lead to the "making out" swiftly afterwards

ftfy

Bitter_Yuri_Reader
B54b9b73acf116a04cdf291380171b8e
joined May 2, 2018

I'm glad to see her called out for acting on her own, without actually communicating in a functional way.

WERE BACK! WERE FINALLY FUCKING BACK!

DYNASTY SCANS LIVES

From the grave!

to the ones keeping this site running, thank you for your hard work. <3

YEs thank you so much to the people running this site. I didn’t know how much I loved dynasty until it was gone. Super grateful it’s back.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Meanwhile at DeepL

now that's more like it!

last edited at Feb 6, 2023 11:43PM

joined Jan 6, 2023

AMBOBO MO KASI

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

I think they can still make it to the show. RCHP is the headliner so they go on later after the opening bands play first.

"It's getting pretty late. I hope ... they are back from the show."

He's scratching his head.

Oh I see, music stuff on the table in front him, I'd missed that. Without that, I took, him apparently scratching the panel border as a stylized "worrying outside door".

Art denser and more chaotic than I'm used to.

What's the Japanese translated as "fucking idiot"?

ふざけんな!!!

In Japanese, this is a strong way to tell a person to quit messing around, or it is a way to express your anger at someone else who you feel is being an idiot. It isn't polite at all.

Hence, my take on it.

I'm coming out of the woodwork to comment on this. I think instead of "You fucking idiot!" a better phrase to use may be "Are you fucking kidding me?" or "Are you trying to fuck with me?" The meaning is a little different contextually.

The inner thoughts of Mizuki about not hearing it are also a little off for me personally. The translation is correct, but I think the meaning didn't carry across quite well. From pages 3 to 4, Mizuki is basically lamenting the fact that she's not an extrovert who'd just accept someone into her space/life easily. She's expecting Aya to ditch her to get back with Chizuru as friends. Mizuki doesn't think Chizuru would accept her as a friend and didn't think she'd be able to make another friend so soon after giving her full effort just to tell Aya the truth. There was a visible effort for Mizuki to not read what Aya is texting her about. So what she's really saying is "If I don't have to hear about it (Aya and Chizuru rekindle friendship), then I won't have to feel bad/rejected again/" She's essentially expecting to have lost an important friend. This is why the last panel is now showing us Aya is actually texting Mizuki saying "I'm coming over!"

So honestly, I think instead of saying "You're a fucking idiot!" which can be translated that way, it may be better to say "Are you fucking kidding me?!"

ANYWAYS JUST MY THOUGHTS GOODBYE FOREVER

Ooooh! That makes so much more sense. Thanks, sometimes it's hard to get the meaning across.
Okay, yes. That is definitely something that warranted further explanation. Where the wording gets lost I think the art and general traits of the characters actually do get across in the subplots. Like how Koga is wanting to hide or not expose herself as Oni-san (concert to make up with Oosawa where she awkwardly wanted to become real friends). Or the look of sheer passion when talking about the song they were listening to. Etc. I don't wanna rumble. But I believe the author does a great job with story and visuals that way the right tone and meaning are conveyed. D

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Also the phone having the messages stacked on top of each other gives us a clue that she isn't looking at her phone and is avoiding Oosawa's texts.
I'm glad she was called an idiot. But in a way I'm also like "Damn it really went that way?"
But the fucking idiot part won me back. I was like yes! It was nice to get something unexpected for both the audience and Koga-san since I'm sure she didn't think Oosawa san would want anything to do with her afterwards.
Still part of me wishes it hadn't happened, yet that would be out of character for Koga-san to do in the first place.
And I completely agree that the "friend" should've turned down the offer. I just hope Oosawa san was still able to have some fun even if it was a huge bummer for Koga-san to ditch her like that without warning or trick her more like.

Oh GOD dudes edit: i just noticed that when Mitsuki is down and depressed her eyes are black and not colored in, BUT when she hears Oosawa san's voice they turn green. They brightened. OMG, that is adorable!!!!

last edited at Feb 7, 2023 3:57AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.