Forum › Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend discussion

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Is this going to be the "we mean love in two different ways" kind of thing?

I'm hoping it's more of a "3 more chapters before we get to 'Oh, I actually am in love with her'" type of manga.... ;;
either that, or the MC is just like this! :)

last edited at Feb 1, 2023 9:42AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I could see Ruriko misinterpretting that "I love you (platonic)" as an "I love you (romantic)"

I thought it was so very clearly meant as a romantic "I love you" that even our resident yuri skeptic johnb couldn't possibly mistake it for a platonic one, yet here you are, so completely sure it is...

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Well I am not gonna lie. It would bug the hell out of me if they let Rio's situation up in the air. Being homeless is rough. Even rougher with no one to turn to. Adopt her and then work her like a middle-child.

I sure hope somebody picks up that phone.

So I am not one to rush character development nor a fan of life scripts in general buuuut...they are gonna bang right? Like we all see the tension right?

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Well I am not gonna lie. It would bug the hell out of me if they let Rio's situation up in the air. Being homeless is rough. Even rougher with no one to turn to. Adopt her and then work her like a middle-child.

I sure hope somebody picks up that phone.

So I am not one to rush character development nor a fan of life scripts in general buuuut...they are gonna bang right? Like we all see the tension right?

Ruriko does need to get about 10 years of sexual frustration out of her system :P

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

She said the thing!

Also, the scene with the sparklers reminded me a bunch of the oneshot Summer Love

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Time to play the meaning of "love you" game with plenty of hijinks. At least fang girl knows she about to score.

joined Feb 1, 2021

acting more like an actual couple than just two friends who got married for legal benefits

Hey now. They didn't get married for legal benefits, they got married so Kurumi could write an article about it. :D

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

Wowee, just look at Ruriko's expressions. That girl is hopelessly in love.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Very cute chapter and couple bonding.

Also sure she likes the bread at the bakery...not the cute girl that works there or anything.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I guess the Gremlin Saga is over now, looking forward to the next arc. :3

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

but ok wait what's with the end. Are they together now or was that a platonic "I love you" moment?

No.

10374935_1517148091919036_8454058064875083431_n
joined Apr 7, 2021

She went full smug after catching Ruriko offguard lol

One_last_thing
joined Jun 14, 2022

Is this going to be the "we mean love in two different ways" kind of thing?

I'm hoping it's more of a "3 more chapters before we get to 'Oh, I actually am in love with her'" type of manga.... ;;
either that, or the MC is just like this! :)

Alas, we already got the "Oh, I actually am in love with her" in this chapter, though ( https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/trying_out_marriage_with_my_female_friend_ch24#17 ). And we also already know that Kurumi understood Ruriko's 'I love you' to be romantic, since she had already more or less acknowledged Ruriko's feelings before it was actually said. Seems like the story is just gonna have to move forward without any misunderstanding drama... makes you question whether Usui Shio realizes they're writing yuri, doesn't it?

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

In general, is very rare to japanese say i love you even married, ha

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Him
joined Feb 21, 2013

can't believe y'all snuck in a raimi spider-man meme in this chapter

joined Jan 14, 2020

center-left missing a word: "I think I've finally found the right [words?] for them"
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/trying_out_marriage_with_my_female_friend_ch24#17

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Wow, the title lulled me into a sense of complacency that I knew what the chapter would be about and I forgot Usui Shio is a bit of a genius. Kurumi's sudden declaration got me good! I like it, though; that sort of thing feels in-character for her.

And also, crucially, it's progress.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

And in English translations you usually can't tell when they do because "Like" on a romantic sense usually get translated to love

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

They said the L wordddddd. Yess. The revolution we need in yuri, mutual communication.

I really do love this artist too much

Akiko%20megaer%20think%20smaller
joined Aug 7, 2021

That sparkler scene was such a lovely, gentle moment for a confession. Just surprising enough to give both the reader and Ruriko a start, but fitting enough to keep everything warm and fuzzy! I usually find the usage of fireworks in romance manga a little too cliche, but this hit right for me. Love it.

Akari-n
joined May 22, 2022

What a wholesome chapter :) I love the slow, gradual character development for Kurumi

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

Wait I'm confused. I thought Rio was moving out...? Why did she suddenly come back?

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Wait I'm confused. I thought Rio was moving out...? Why did she suddenly come back?

She just announced she's going to. she wasn't leaving right as she said it, just went to take a bath

To reply you must either login or sign up.