Forum › Miss Gu and Miss Qu discussion

joined May 10, 2021

Thank God for Mr.Director to speedrun the kiss scene. But I'm a little afraid now, reading all the comments..

last edited at Jan 10, 2023 1:06AM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I read the novel and I'm sure feel very frustated with this miss Qu attitude. Not that I hate her because somehow I can understand with her reason (they did live in media-orientated world), but it is just hard to bear if I'm in miss Gu's position. Well, they warmed up eventually but still ...

And I don't know if this novel have offcial english version or not because I just read the mtl one: https://www.mtlnovel.com/miss-gu-and-miss-qu/

This one reads like it was translated in Google. Which is a shame, because I thought it was really interesting. Maybe I should learn Chinese?

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Spoil us!! Haha

joined Jan 9, 2023

I read the novel and I'm sure feel very frustated with this miss Qu attitude. Not that I hate her because somehow I can understand with her reason (they did live in media-orientated world), but it is just hard to bear if I'm in miss Gu's position. Well, they warmed up eventually but still ...

And I don't know if this novel have offcial english version or not because I just read the mtl one: https://www.mtlnovel.com/miss-gu-and-miss-qu/

This one reads like it was translated in Google. Which is a shame, because I thought it was really interesting. Maybe I should learn Chinese?

As the web name suggest, mtl or machine translation, so of course we cant expect decent translation like from human. I also really want to learn chinese but I lready full from trying to master japanese

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Dunno, looks kinda generic so far, maybe it will become more unique later on? Although some of the comments don't give me much hope. In any case, more yuri is always better

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

... yeah what's with these celebrity stories indeed, are the characters at least a reference to some actual celebrities and this is just some weird quasi-fanfiction, or do manhua writers just like this theme for some reason?

joined Sep 26, 2022

The art is so dazzling what the heck?? I'm all for it!!!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

The attention that Chinese yuri artists pay to clothing and accesories is incredible. I've noticed it in every yuri manhua I've ever read! They never fail to blow my mind with the outstanding and meticulous care they put into each small detail. Even the heels of their shoes are designed to perfectly match their outfits!

On another subject, that Yu Bai is a real piece of work. His wife just died, he has just buried her, and he's already seducing other women and stealing kisses from them!? Screw mourning, I see...

Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

... yeah what's with these celebrity stories indeed, are the characters at least a reference to some actual celebrities and this is just some weird quasi-fanfiction, or do manhua writers just like this theme for some reason?

CEOs and celebrities to China (and Korea) is like high school girls to Japan in term of prevalence in their respective media.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

The attention that Chinese yuri artists pay to clothing and accesories is incredible. I've noticed it in every yuri manhua I've ever read! They never fail to blow my mind with the outstanding and meticulous care they put into each small detail. Even the heels of their shoes are designed to perfectly match their outfits!

On another subject, that Yu Bai is a real piece of work. His wife just died, he has just buried her, and he's already seducing other women and stealing kisses from them!? Screw mourning, I see...

That's true, I noticed it particularly in Long Awaited Feeling how dazzling the characters looked sometimes. For my taste, this series characters' rely a bit too much on displaying high fashion labels in their outfits though

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Did she just Kabedon a car?! Respect.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

As the web name suggest, mtl or machine translation, so of course we cant expect decent translation like from human. I also really want to learn chinese but I lready full from trying to master japanese

Ooh, I didn't know that's what it stood for.

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

It's revealed in the next chapter but he kisses her only because he realises that celestial lu yao is his newly reincarnated wife

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

i'm reading the web novel this is based on and... well lol. i sure hope the manhwa takes a very different direction, because the behaviour of qu xizhi is pretty damn hard to accept.

lmao I saw the prologue a few days ago and I immediately went and read through the novel last night... and well, it was... something lol.

ngl, but the last chapter made me angry lol. the extras were pretty nice but honestly there was a part of me that regretted reading this story. it's so unfortunate because this story starts out so well and it all goes to hell when we get to 薄一清 (baoyiqing)'s part, in my personal opinion. I honestly hope the author and the artist deviate from the original novel as well. It's also interesting bc the author has actually rewritten the ending before tho.

For anyone wondering (and if you really can't help spoil yourself haha), the behavior in question is borderline societally-not-acceptable possessiveness. In Chinese, it's 占有性.

Despite the initial regret, I think this story really made me reconsider relationships in a new light, so it was well worth the read.

It's like:
societally acceptable behavior
the gray area
abuse

and this novel pretty much floats around in the gray area and skirts the edge

the following pretty much explains my takeaway from this novel:

but at the same time, this novel taught me to try not to judge other people's relationships. human relationships are complex. this novel showcases a character that is borderline socially unacceptably possessive but they acknowledge their thought patterns are not very healthy

ultimately their partner accepts this part of them

outside of the relationship, I think ppl would be quick to call it a red flag and toxic etc but it seemed that inside the relationship, there was a complex give/take that both partners were ultimately okay with and eventually happy about

sorry for the messy post, but I had a lot to say about this novel haha.

Daremo from Parts Unknown
joined May 6, 2022

It's revealed in the next chapter but he kisses her only because he realises that celestial lu yao is his newly reincarnated wife

But... Lu Yao is like twenty yo and the guy's wife just passed away...

Do spirits travel back in time to reincarnate?

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Everybody wang chuan tonight.

joined Jul 10, 2022

She's so hot. Flirt with me like that and I am a s c e n d e d.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Kill that director. ( う-´)づ ︻╦̵̵̿╤──

How dare he make Gu Xizhi apologize? It's all HIS fucking fault!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Kill that director. ( う-´)づ ︻╦̵̵̿╤──

How dare he make Gu Xizhi apologize? It's all HIS fucking fault!

I mean, isn't it, like, a breach of contract or something? Like telling an action movie lead "Oh, sorry, I switched the blanks out in your prop guns for real live ammo in the last second to capture your natural reaction to getting shot. My bad. By the way, go apologize to that stuntman for accidentally shooting him." :-)

I get a feeling this is gonna be one of those romance stories where no boundaries are ever communicated clearly, nor even exist in the first place in many cases...

last edited at Jan 27, 2023 2:46AM

joined Apr 22, 2014

I mean, isn't it, like, a breach of contract or something? Like telling an action movie lead "Oh, sorry, I switched the blanks out in your prop guns for real live ammo in the last second to capture your natural reaction to getting shot. My bad. By the way, go apologize to that stuntman for accidentally shooting him." :-)

I get a feeling this is gonna be one of those romance stories where no boundaries are ever communicated clearly, nor even exist in the first place in many cases...

This is actually a huge problem in film, where asshole directors and "method" actors high on their own supply want to provoke "organic" reactions from actors who are literally paid to act. Usually used against female actors, such as Kubrick's abuse of Duvall in The Shining or Jared Leto apparently in every film he's been in.

Billy Zane gave a good reply about the rumor that a table flip in Titanic was a surprise to Kate Winslet in one scene a few weeks ago:
"Is it true that the scene where you flip the table was improvised so Kate would have an organic reaction in the moment?

It wasn’t in the moment. I’m trying to remember how we arrived there. I think it was simply, Why go around it? Go through it. That was perhaps my suggestion. For the sake of good copy, I’ll say yes, but it feels like one of the many conversations I had with Jim. He’s a great collaborator. He inspires and encourages contributions. The more interesting, the better. In this case, it’s a good place to get a sense of establishing possible boundaries and where they’re broken, and danger from this character. As posh and elite and maybe effete as he could be, this is also potentially a dangerous man. We wanted him to be explosive, and it seemed like a well-placed point to perhaps establish levels of threat.

So did Kate know you were going to flip the table?

Oh, I would never have done that just randomly. It would have been dangerous and inappropriate. There’s improv and then there’s chaos. As I recall, it was discussed. It was agreed upon, and the question was, How many dresses do we have? How many place settings? It was all about contingency. I remember the wardrobe department being very grateful. I think we did it about six times, and we only got a drop of orange juice on one dress. Somehow the thing always flew in the direction of the camera, and she was safe from harm, which is more important. I would never have just done something like that with glassware. It was not improv, per se, but it was arrived at on the day. It seemed to be an effective choice."

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I don't know what it is, but something about these celebrity drama stories makes it rather unappealing for me. They aren't actual celebrities of course, but I think it makes little practical difference to me, I somehow don't particularly care about them either way :P

And to discuss the actual plot... I dunno that felt like a lazy way to introduce conflict. Something about this story feels very unnatural to me in general, I don't enjoy it very much so far.

joined May 3, 2014

ugh the non consent forced french kiss like LOOOL AND SHE HAS TO APOLOGIZE??

DoctorStrangelove
System-shock-shodan-featured
joined Mar 22, 2018

You know on actual film sets (at least western ones) your never allowed to spring a surprise on someone regarding kiss scenes, I hear. Causes a ton of ethical problems, obviously. So reading the director’s justification for springing that on her just seemed really stupid. Bleh.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

That director is shady. Intimacy scenes are usually HEAVILY choreographed. If it's not in the script, they don't do it. If there are any changes, they have to get permission from the actors, the director, and even an intimacy coordinator. This was not cool at all.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Welp, it's starting out strong on the negative side, so the ending might not be what turns people off of this series. Still. I wanna see where it goes

To reply you must either login or sign up.