Forum › Posts by LunaaSnow

LunaaSnow
joined Oct 7, 2021

I wouldn't put Chen and Ren at the same level here. Ren is just a friend that Youzi ships with her mom but Chen actually seems really close with the mom.

Oh boy do I have news for you in the next chapter ;)

What? What??? Don't tell me Mom x Ren turns out to be a thing!?

well, you could look at the last line of text in chapter 3, bottom right :)

LunaaSnow
joined Oct 7, 2021

I wouldn't put Chen and Ren at the same level here. Ren is just a friend that Youzi ships with her mom but Chen actually seems really close with the mom.

Oh boy do I have news for you in the next chapter ;)

last edited at Mar 18, 2022 10:35AM

joined Oct 7, 2021

Also Japan really likes weird food.

This is set in China and the two fls have Chinese names ^^

LunaaSnow
joined Oct 7, 2021

wait,i forgot if this is Manhwa or Manhua

Manhua! Korean comics are called manhwa

LunaaSnow
joined Oct 7, 2021

One last thing: if youve ever read about bl authors being allegedly jailed for simply writing bl, it's not true. Those are either 1) slander from antis of said author 2) fearmongering "china is terrible!" tactic targeted towards western ppl like you

LunaaSnow
joined Oct 7, 2021

(And no, these creators are never at risk for creating gay content. The worse that could happen is that we'll have to scroll down 20 pictures of memes before reaching the good parts.) Much less creators of cute and entirely sfw manhuas like Shi Yi Er.

LunaaSnow
joined Oct 7, 2021

this was made on the 10th this year... idk why people are making assumptions

Because they are Sinophobes.
You can find comparable poppycock in the comments section for every manhua in the forum.
It's sad.

It's not sinophobic to be worried about a government attempting to restrict LGBT representation. My worry is for the Chinese people that write & read this stuff. Apparently the government there has implemented new laws restricting LGBT representation in entertainment.

I don't know whether this was a Chinese or Taiwanese publication or how far those laws extend. I just wanted some context as to where this was published and it's relation to the new Chinese law.

I get that you're coming from a good place, but your concern would be much better placed on irl LGBT rights NGOs rather than creators of gay manhuas on the internet. FYI, censorship is rampant in China and it's bad, but it only affects "mainstream" stuff like published books and TV series. But even then it just removes the explicit and steamy parts, the gay is still retained.

Just look at the sheer number of BL animations and manhuas that get published each year and you'll understand. (They bring in huge money) They can never kiss explicitly on screen, but every single audience knows that they're gay through keywords and tropes.

Also, it IS kind of irritating to see "China is bad and has banned all gay stuff so how can this exist?!" in every GL manhua in here so I hope you'll understand where our frustration stems from.

joined Oct 7, 2021

re: weird pacing

I was reading the Mo Dao Zu Shi manhua awhile back, and I had a similar feeling- many of the chapters felt disjointed, like the transitional scenes had been stripped out or something.

A friend mentioned that in Mo Dao's case it was because the manhua was only adapting certain parts of the original light novel (for some reason) and skipping some of the 'slower' scenes.

I'm wondering if maybe something similar is going on here?

Ahh a fellow MDZS reader! However, nightingale is an original story and isn't an adaptation of anything, so the wonky pacing is 100% its own fault lol

The art is so good but the pacing is just so hhhsbfsdsjasdj Ba d

LunaaSnow
joined Oct 7, 2021

Is it just me. or are their feet getting bigger with every new series?

Ch1 and 2 are from really early ago, so it's the other way round! Their feet are actually getting shorter and more proportionate lol

LunaaSnow
joined Oct 7, 2021

Ohhhhh so this is the original versions and the other ones were the AU. Fascinating.

I think that isn't exactly clear cause I recall a "AU where they're monster girls" thing with wood and snow on on thing there in the other series

That is true. I believe Minami started out with "Today I'll ( Make You) Confess" as a short concept one-shot series first. But enjoyed the pair so much that Minami planned out a whole story for them in "Hide Your Tears, You Crybaby" leaving, this series "Wood and Snow" the AU as mentioned previously.

Daixue and Su Mu are my dream pair; a passive top and active bottom. I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED BOTTOMS THAT ARE TAKING INITIATIVE, there's something so gap moe about that.

Yess you're absolutely right!! Just that wood and snow isn't an AU, but the /original/ universe. (It's pretty dark) Hide your years/today I'll make u confess is the high school AU instead

LunaaSnow
joined Oct 7, 2021

this is amazing please keep us updated. Also #3 replacement meal, I feel like its a common euphemism that something is so good it makes you forgot to eat.

Ahh, it's not quite that! You know how fan content are sometimes called 'food'? The term 'replacement meal' is used when you consume fan content of other ships as a substitute when you're in a dead fandom with no content lmao

So let's say you have one ship, one puppyish white-hair, and a black-haired tsundere. You come across art of another unrelated ship that has similar dynamics to yours, thus you've eaten a replacement meal in the sense that instead of squealing in joy from fanart of your OTP, you're gaining that satisfaction through another similar ship's fan content.

Hope that explains it ^^

LunaaSnow
joined Oct 7, 2021

I really like the art style of this. I am still curious if this will go an incest route. Either way I am looking forward to more of this.

Doesn't seem like it. I feel like its gonna go the route of pretty open gay daughter and closeted gay mom who is led out of the closet with daughter's assistance. And maybe the daughter will also get a love interest

It's not incest! The mom's love interest(s) will be one of her female co-stars, and I'm also hoping for a love interest for the daughter! Imagine the power of a gay mom and a gay daughter hh

LunaaSnow
joined Oct 7, 2021

Oh wow, is this real thing in Asia?
Well, Kpop do it a lot

Yes! It's exactly what you're thinking of lol

LunaaSnow
joined Oct 7, 2021

Interesting premise. I'm uncertain of 'morals' here, and the translation notes at the end.

It's more referring to how the daughter is shocked since she's never seen gay stuff before haha ^^ With Shi Yi Er's track record of GL manhuas, I doubt they'd go with the homophobia route of all things. Expect this to be a cute and wholesome story between mom and daughter lol

The translation notes at the end are too long to fit into limited space, so I'll just expand on them a little bit here.

IRL "fanservice" mostly involves same sex people posing together in intimate and homoerotic ways, so the real person shippers can go wild and thus attract a lot of attention and popularity (usually positive) towards said actor. Most of the time, it's done by (presumably) straight people where some might even have a romantic partner of the opposite sex. Everyone knows it's just an act, but the shippers have fun with it anyway.

At first glance, the mom's presumably straight and is only playing up the homoerotic tension for popularity, but since it's Shi Yi Er (who's works have all been GL), I can't wait to see how it plays out when she eventually falls in love with one (or many?) of her co-stars.

LunaaSnow
joined Oct 7, 2021

I just noticed in the title theres a picture of an apple core thats been eaten, does the pun of “fruitless” in fruitless betrothal actually carry between languages?

It definitely does haha ^^ the 无果 (wu guo) of 无果的婚约 is 'fruitless', literally! But since 果 (guo) is also part of Zhang Guo's name, another way of interpreting the title is 'A Betrothal Without (Zhang) Guo', interesting...

joined Oct 7, 2021

The last page really confuses me, though. The other girl comes into the bathroom calling for Lan Sha, but sees her supposedly dead body and freaks out because "witch". Does anyone have a good guess to explain this leap of judgment?

You know when magical girls cast spells, there's bound to be sparkling effects of some sort? Lan Sha's one are butterflies! You can see them surrounding her "dead" body and in the last panel. (As well as when Lan Sha uses forbidden magic and dies for Bai yueguang back in the very first chapter)

LunaaSnow
joined Oct 7, 2021

This is my current favorite, I didn't know it has an english trans huhu I'm happy that it gets recognition. If you know mandarin i still suggest you also read it cause there are words that's hard to explain in English

Oh? Would you mind pointing them out so we could add a tl/n next time?

LunaaSnow
joined Oct 7, 2021

I don't know but JiaoJiao sounds like a pretty funny nickname, especially so if you understand Chinese.

YES OMG... you just have to turn away and say I Do Not See

LunaaSnow
joined Oct 7, 2021

Is this gonna be angsty? I don’t think reading things that make me cry

The comedy tag is there for a reason ;) But anyway, rest assured that there won't be anything angsty in this one.

joined Oct 7, 2021

This is a very cool story but some transitions are a bit odd. Like from ch2 to ch3 how they suddenly are on a boat. At the end of ch2 they are in a court hall at the palace, at the start of ch3 they are on a boat and in the middle of a conversation, and the beginning of the conversation seems to be missing. In fact you don't even realize that they are on a boat until the main girl falls into the water, because the panels mostly lack backgrounds!
I wonder if perhaps there are pages missing. In ch2 there's no page 5, it goes from page 4 (everyone still in that court hall) to page 6 (the credits) and then in page 1 of the following chapter there are in that boat (and BY is giving a cryptic reply to something we have no idea about). The transition is so abrupt as if some events were missing.

Ahh sorry, you're right! There's a page missing from ch2 where the transition from the court hall to the boat happens. I'll fix it in a bit, though there's nothing wrong with the starting of ch3 >.< Sorry for the inconvenience

Oh so that's why! I also was confused by the change in both situation & dialogue between those two chapters. I hadn't noticed that page 5 in chapter 2 was missing. Thxfully someone more observant did notice!
We appreciate much your effort and work at translating this manhua. TIA for the fix!

It's been fixed now ^^

LunaaSnow
joined Oct 7, 2021

The new series listed under zephyr scans wasn't posted by us, please help remove it TT The name is "Master and a day off"

joined Oct 7, 2021

This is a very cool story but some transitions are a bit odd. Like from ch2 to ch3 how they suddenly are on a boat. At the end of ch2 they are in a court hall at the palace, at the start of ch3 they are on a boat and in the middle of a conversation, and the beginning of the conversation seems to be missing. In fact you don't even realize that they are on a boat until the main girl falls into the water, because the panels mostly lack backgrounds!
I wonder if perhaps there are pages missing. In ch2 there's no page 5, it goes from page 4 (everyone still in that court hall) to page 6 (the credits) and then in page 1 of the following chapter there are in that boat (and BY is giving a cryptic reply to something we have no idea about). The transition is so abrupt as if some events were missing.

Ahh sorry, you're right! There's a page missing from ch2 where the transition from the court hall to the boat happens. I'll fix it in a bit, though there's nothing wrong with the starting of ch3 >.< Sorry for the inconvenience

LunaaSnow
joined Oct 7, 2021

Hi! Not sure if this is the place to ask but where do I submit a takedown request for two of our chaps? Realized they had some errors in it HAHA,,

Here is fine, or you can dm me on Discord, Orange Pekoe#0863

Mmhm! I'd like to take down the lastest two chaps of hide your tears, you Crybaby. Basically "things to pay attention to", both parts 1 and 2. Thank you >.<

joined Oct 7, 2021

So, am I the only person who doesn't read manga etc. on a monitor the size of a billboard?

I never see anyone else complaining about these ludicrous image sizes where I have to zoom the site to like 40% to see anything, but then, I'm a 1080p pleb.

Have you tried pressing the resize button?

LunaaSnow
joined Oct 7, 2021

Hi! Not sure if this is the place to ask but where do I submit a takedown request for two of our chaps? Realized they had some errors in it HAHA,,