Forum › Posts by LunaaSnow

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

Those blushes were so heartfelt.
Also a wild and hot rival (or at least, troublemaker) appeared!
Thanks for the chapter!

President Tao? She's Ningwei's girlfriend and Youyan's boss. She appears in chapter 2.

right on!

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

the opening lines sound like they were aiming for dickens.

That's what I thought too! The juxtaposition stood out a lot

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

I'd honestly say Manhua : actors, murderers.

The number of really weird Chinese comics about Yuri killers is staggering.

Just off the top of my head:
Savior
Kill Me Now
Killing Mr. Park
Let's Kill My Husband
Killing You

If you add in webnovels, it skyrockets way beyond that list too.

Uh what? All of those series are Korean.

That's what I was thinking too.

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

As far as I can tell the raws haven't updated since April which is a huge bummer cause this was a huge chapter.

A new chapter with a whopping 86 black/white pages just dropped yesterday, sooo ;)

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

On another subject, that Yu Bai is a real piece of work. His wife just died, he has just buried her, and he's already seducing other women and stealing kisses from them!? Screw mourning, I see...

It's revealed in the next chapter but he kisses her only because he realises that celestial lu yao is his newly reincarnated wife

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

Is it just me, or Chinese artists are producing new yuri series every other week? That, or they are being picked up for translation than before.

I'd say both, but that's only because there was a huge surge (10+ iirc) of new and upcoming GLs that were announced/released during August.

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

So the protagonist, while half blind, did not recognise the emperor and just thought it was a random woman as she called her Jeijei, which i google tells me is a term for an older female friend basically calling them big sister.
Is that right?

Yep, generally speaking. We put a TL note in ch1 about this already, but in some cases jiejie is used to flirt, just like used the same way as unnie and onee-chan. It's especially popular in Chinese wlw circles.

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

The art is gorgeous, but I must admit I'm having a bit of trouble telling the characters apart at times. Just to make sure, the woman(?) in the first two pages of Ch. 2 is the "emperor" and the one that gives our sickly protagonist the fluffy scarf is the wife who defended her in Ch. 1?

The woman in the first two pages of ch2 is indeed the emperor, and also the same person who gave MC the fluffy cloak! The lady who defended MC in ch1 is Xiao Qianxue (the original FL of the novel MC transmigrated into), who doesn't appear in this chapter.

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

Don't tell me the corpse she transmigrated into, is the body of the lady the Emperor loved before?

That would cause some... drama, to say the least.

The corpse is just a corpse (lol), no relation to the overarching plot whatsoever! But there /is/ a subplot about the Emperor's dead love relating to MC

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

whoever jeijei is I’m rooting for her, that was fricking cute

We'll know in chapter 3!

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

I’m wondering if she was faking it or if the “debuff” from her soul and body not being integrated fully just has a bad effect on her eyesight

It's the latter! That's why she keeps coughing and can't see at night lol

On another note, MC was transmigrated into this mission world through the body of a suitable corpse, so the higher her fusion levels, the more she'll grow to look like her original body

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

And like you've described in your comment, this chapter 1 in particular didn't even really explain anything that would give us a hint of what the real story is about so I kinda fail to see the reasoning for it here.

I feel the pacing will prob be better once it gets to what the author actually wants to write about, but yeah these sudden starts are always just so jarring for me

3 chapters were released at once in the raws, so there were enough to explain the general plot and such. It's just that the translations came out 1 by 1 so it feels a little "...that's it?"

I'm guessing this was to prevent the first chapter from being excessively long so readers don't complain about the normal chapters being short.

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

I bet you a donut that the girl at the balcony in the final panel is a werewolf demon.

More like a succubus with an alternate form, which is a dog with horns.

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

Anilist only had 12 chapters listed soooo yeah ;-;

That's referring to the CURRENT raws, and there's only 11 up till now. Ch12 is predicted to release in a couple of days so don't worry, this will still go on.

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

“China” is a black-list word to me—mangas published there are not worth the time to read.

Ngl you're just punishing the artists for things that are out of their control. Everyone wants the freedom to create, and when that freedom is compromised, they have to make (minor) sacrifices, and it's our job as readers to keep supporting them despite that if you ever want more GLs to read in the world.

Because fyi, GL is not a money making machine in China as compared to BL, so creators are literally making themselves poorer to tell stories that they want instead of doing whatever puts food on the table (which I wouldn't blame them for).

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

Aaaaand due to censorship in China, this story won’t go anywhere.

Is this all online? Posted In which country?

Tell me you know nothing about chinese censorship without telling me you know nothing about chinese censorship.

Besides, I'm like 99% sure that this comic is not from mainland china because its 1. Not long strip, and 2. Has literal uncensored tits and sex scenes throughout the story. If I had to guess I'd bet this was taiwanese.

God, I'm so sick of comments like the op showing up in every single GL manhua on here lmao. But whatever, I'll answer those questions.

This is a personal project, the only thing that's getting censored is the occasional nudity and homo kiss scenes. Yes, this is all online. Yes, this is also posted from mainland China, just not in the usual format you'd find it in.

The artist used to post this on pixiv (one of the many workarounds to censorship), so that's why the scan group was able to rip it without needing to decensor anything. However since subsequent chapters are not (due to reasons not related to censorship), they'll be posted on weibo instead and will require decensoring.

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

I wouldn't put Chen and Ren at the same level here. Ren is just a friend that Youzi ships with her mom but Chen actually seems really close with the mom.

Oh boy do I have news for you in the next chapter ;)

What? What??? Don't tell me Mom x Ren turns out to be a thing!?

well, you could look at the last line of text in chapter 3, bottom right :)

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

I wouldn't put Chen and Ren at the same level here. Ren is just a friend that Youzi ships with her mom but Chen actually seems really close with the mom.

Oh boy do I have news for you in the next chapter ;)

last edited at Mar 18, 2022 10:35AM

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

Also Japan really likes weird food.

This is set in China and the two fls have Chinese names ^^

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

wait,i forgot if this is Manhwa or Manhua

Manhua! Korean comics are called manhwa

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

One last thing: if youve ever read about bl authors being allegedly jailed for simply writing bl, it's not true. Those are either 1) slander from antis of said author 2) fearmongering "china is terrible!" tactic targeted towards western ppl like you

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

(And no, these creators are never at risk for creating gay content. The worse that could happen is that we'll have to scroll down 20 pictures of memes before reaching the good parts.) Much less creators of cute and entirely sfw manhuas like Shi Yi Er.

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

this was made on the 10th this year... idk why people are making assumptions

Because they are Sinophobes.
You can find comparable poppycock in the comments section for every manhua in the forum.
It's sad.

It's not sinophobic to be worried about a government attempting to restrict LGBT representation. My worry is for the Chinese people that write & read this stuff. Apparently the government there has implemented new laws restricting LGBT representation in entertainment.

I don't know whether this was a Chinese or Taiwanese publication or how far those laws extend. I just wanted some context as to where this was published and it's relation to the new Chinese law.

I get that you're coming from a good place, but your concern would be much better placed on irl LGBT rights NGOs rather than creators of gay manhuas on the internet. FYI, censorship is rampant in China and it's bad, but it only affects "mainstream" stuff like published books and TV series. But even then it just removes the explicit and steamy parts, the gay is still retained.

Just look at the sheer number of BL animations and manhuas that get published each year and you'll understand. (They bring in huge money) They can never kiss explicitly on screen, but every single audience knows that they're gay through keywords and tropes.

Also, it IS kind of irritating to see "China is bad and has banned all gay stuff so how can this exist?!" in every GL manhua in here so I hope you'll understand where our frustration stems from.

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

re: weird pacing

I was reading the Mo Dao Zu Shi manhua awhile back, and I had a similar feeling- many of the chapters felt disjointed, like the transitional scenes had been stripped out or something.

A friend mentioned that in Mo Dao's case it was because the manhua was only adapting certain parts of the original light novel (for some reason) and skipping some of the 'slower' scenes.

I'm wondering if maybe something similar is going on here?

Ahh a fellow MDZS reader! However, nightingale is an original story and isn't an adaptation of anything, so the wonky pacing is 100% its own fault lol

The art is so good but the pacing is just so hhhsbfsdsjasdj Ba d

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

Is it just me. or are their feet getting bigger with every new series?

Ch1 and 2 are from really early ago, so it's the other way round! Their feet are actually getting shorter and more proportionate lol