Forum › The Flirty Tenant and the Pretty Landlady discussion

joined Jul 31, 2022

The flirting! The art! Oh jeebus! I'm in!

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

People: "Fuck landlords!"
Manhua artists: "Hmmm...yes!"

Me, a well-meaning leftist who hates landlords as a principal: "But what if they were like...super hot?"

Funny%20and%20cute
joined Jul 15, 2020

Wow, very impressive art style. Premise is not bad either. Has potential.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

People: "Fuck landlords!"
Manhua artists: "Hmmm...yes!"

Me, a well-meaning leftist who hates landlords as a principal: "But what if they were like...super hot?"

If evil, why hot?

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Mighty incisors. Bo He was so cute as a chibi.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Plot twist: The tenant is the author

joined Jan 14, 2020

...girl didn't Mao end this people what are landlords doing there?

So, there were these economic reforms in 1979, led by Deng Xiaoping, that allowed for more private action and inequality and also led to massive economic growth compared to Mao's famines...

joined Oct 2, 2021

Oh for the days of yore when we didn't have landlords, we could sing songs of the great revolutionary hero's as we farmed in the fields living on bugs as we starved to death.
But at least we didn't have landlords.

last edited at Jan 27, 2023 8:31AM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Oh for the days of yore when we didn't have landlords, we could sing songs of the great revolutionary hero's as we farmed in the fields living on bugs as we starved to death.

Don't forget your backyard steel production and weekly self-criticism meetings!

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Hngggg. I'm so weak towards aggressively flirty women, I'd fold in a millisecond. Good luck, MC!

20220308_002456
joined Mar 8, 2022

The MC is not going to survive at this rate

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The MC is not going to survive at this rate

Yup, her fate is spontaneous human combustion.

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

Author takes their time and seems busy but they show off great art. Love these chapters and hope the have an easier time releasing them now.

Mikooo
joined Dec 10, 2021

Author I beg you, don't ghost us for another 9 months

Pfp%20copy
joined Dec 10, 2022

I LOVE THIS????? Please take me vampire hot lady

joined Sep 21, 2023

Huang Qi is a really touchy-feely person. This surprised me because I'm sure it isn't the norm in Asia, at all. Girls don't touch each other so freely and easily. Even less the adults!

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022

Wonderful story and sexy characters, just my thing. And lovely art too. But is it going to be this same release rate from now on - I mean a chapter every nine months? O_o

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

Wonderful story and sexy characters, just my thing. And lovely art too. But is it going to be this same release rate from now on - I mean a chapter every nine months? O_o

Might be slightly faster but long regardless. It's a personal project, I think. Not a set release date. Plus they kept making adjustments and they do other work.

last edited at Oct 1, 2023 4:19PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Don't forget your backyard steel production and weekly self-criticism meetings!

It's a little known fact, though, that despite some serious mistakes, the average economic growth through the Mao years was actually about the same as the later years. It's just, they started from such incredible rock bottom before the revolution that by the end of Mao it had just taken them from "everyone freakin' starving and bandits everywhere" to "poor".
Consider--for decades China had been going through invasions, extortion, Britain addicting everyone to opium, civil wars, more invasion, the near collapse of the central government . . . when the Communists took over they must have looked around at what they were now in charge of and said "Well, damn."

last edited at Oct 1, 2023 5:09PM

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

DID THEY FUCK?

joined Jan 14, 2020

It's a little known fact, though, that despite some serious mistakes, the average economic growth through the Mao years was actually about the same as the later years. It's just, they started from such incredible rock bottom before the revolution that by the end of Mao it had just taken them from "everyone freakin' starving and bandits everywhere" to "poor".

A) caveat of trusting Communist GDP numbers, when there are many embedded incentives to lie

B) The "serious mistakes" include contraction of -27% in 1961, and the bigger loss of tens of millions of people starving to death

Apart from that, it's true that you could eyeball this graph https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.MKTP.KD.ZG?locations=CN and conclude that the post-Leap average growth was the same. OTOH, it gets a lot smoother and more reliable after Deng's market-oriented reforms in 1979.

And some of the reforms started before 1979:

'In agrarian policy, the failures of food supply during the Great Leap were met by a gradual de-collectivization in the 1960s that foreshadowed further de-collectivization under Deng Xiaoping. Political scientist Meredith Jung-En Woo argues: "Unquestionably the regime failed to respond in time to save the lives of millions of peasants, but when it did respond, it ultimately transformed the livelihoods of several hundred million peasants (modestly in the early 1960s, but permanently after Deng Xiaoping's reforms subsequent to 1978)."'

And OTOH, a differently sourced graph shows post-reform GDP growth being much higher than before. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_GDP_of_China#/media/File:China's_real_GDP_growth_by_decade.svg

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

can we go back to simping for hot manhua women instead of debating chinese economics

joined Dec 13, 2020

can we go back to simping for hot manhua women instead of debating chinese economics

I was about to tell rainbow8 that there never was a de-collectivization in China, still a communist country with a parastatal sector that acts as private business, and that he shouldn't trust all that anti-PRC propaganda he quotes... but you're right. Let's leave him to the mods and go back to squeeing about sweet and wonderful Chinese bǎihé.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

DID THEY FUCK?

No, the clothes fell on the ground on their own while they were talking about art. /s

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

A) caveat of trusting Communist GDP numbers, when there are many embedded incentives to lie

Very true. That said, those incentives did not disappear upon Mao's death. For that matter, all countries have similar incentives. Not like capitalism makes governments dedicated truth-tellers.

But anyway . . . that artist lady is really finding herself DRAWN to her new tenant, eh?

last edited at Oct 2, 2023 8:34PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.