Forum › The Sheep Princess in Wolf's Clothing discussion

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Wow, Kiku acted with almost zero hesitation. Blew through Sakaki's idolation with willpower and horniess alone. What an absolute unit. I hope Aki and Momo are taking notes: this is what a Useful Lesbian™ looks like.

Lets be fair, Momo is far from being Useless taking in count she went full attack since ch1

Its Aki who had to get a hold on herself

joined Jan 14, 2020

Side couples really do move faster.

(Can't Defy, where the side couple went from 0 to sleepover sex...)

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I fucking love this. Kiku is a goddess. She just shut her up mid-tirade with a kiss. And page 15's "I think I might actually prefer it..." Like the commenter above said, a true Useful Lesbian™. This is the turbo-yuri we would like to see once in a while.

last edited at Dec 28, 2022 3:31PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Adorable. ^_^

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

sasaki reads as autistic to me (the infodumping and her 'toggle' thing are big reasons)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I guess the 404 Men Not Found can be removed now.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Way to ruin this nice manga.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

ah yes, this was kind of inevitable and I do like that it's not even going to be a question of the parents forcing this on their daughter who has found true love but just a genuine reality of being a member of royalty where "yeah sorry mom also found true love and didn't get to choose that over her responsibilities" though I'd imagine this story will find a way for our sheep and wolf to truly find happiness together even if it will be very difficult for them.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Yeah this wasnt surprising at all xd what surprised me though is that the father is a Reindeer XD but anyways, good to see that their marriage wasnt bad and that both parents had a hard time at the idea first finally some depiction of straightness not being synonymous of asshole

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I feel like the difference wilk be that Nomo doesn't really strike me as the type to say "yeah, sure" to an arranged marriage. At which point, should she say she does not want to part with Aki, it will be a question of whether the parents put her happiness or raison d'etat first.

I am not worried about a bad ending, this author has consistently been dodging the angst and heavy drama.

last edited at Jan 25, 2023 1:00PM

joined Jun 3, 2020

Now I'm left wishing there was an arc about the royals from all those countries coming to the same party just so we could see how they look like. I mean, come on, there is a penguin country in this world? We need to visit that or ask them to visit us!

Goat-removebg-preview%20(1)%20(2)
joined May 30, 2022

That a shame about the Queen's past.

Anyways, time to get rid of the biggest obstacle before the happy ending now I guess. Feels like the end game is coming.

last edited at Jan 25, 2023 1:03PM

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Ah damn, should’ve seen this one coming. I had kinda hoped that Momo being the youngest child would mean that she would be able to more easily avoid the whole political marriage game. I will say that I didn’t expect the mother to have been in the same situation.

Now I’m just wondering how this will end? Will the loving couple elope to Hyena country? Will Momo abdicate her position and become a commoner to be together with Aki? Will Aki be revealed as a long lost/runaway Wolfa princess? The possibilities are endless.

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

You mean to tell me the Queen's girlfriend got NTRd by that reindeer guy? Now my mood is ruined

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

Oof... I feel bad for the dressmaker. The queen didn't even let her go afterwards, and just kept her as a hanger-on. It's great that you're happy with how things turned out, queen, but damn. Feels bad.

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

You mean to tell me the Queen's girlfriend got NTRd by that reindeer guy? Now my mood is ruined

Yeah, not thrilled about this. Surprised she didn't keep her as a consort or something

Now we see if Bi-mom can accept Lesbian daughter and let her live happily or if the drama finally finds a way into this.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Boo.

Yeah, Aki's going to be some sort of secret princess or something, surely.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

How the history repeats itself. :D

I have no doubt Momo won't let the same happen to her, though. She's become far too confident and strong to let anything come between her and Aki now.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Aah, i want more queen yuri now she is her best age.
But damn, this make the situation bittersweet even with this light mood

Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010

Last page: [The queen found out.]
Me, Cue: Panicked screaming. (It just felt right.)

Being said, the whole 'gave up true (arguable, prolly) love for the duties of the crown' hits like speeding Truck-kun. Ouchies. I saw a comment about 'bi-Mom', and wonder if that's wishful thinking. In that kind of scenario, especially if it's literally 'this is how we (Sheep Country) survive', no one asks or probably cares; cement the alliance, produce heirs - everything else is secondary. I say this so everyone else who reads this can feel as bad as I do. So, take that. (?)

Given Momo is youngest daughter, I wonder if the author will use that inherent (or, maybe, disinherited) wiggle room to make their social-status-bucking romance work. I think doting elder sisters + Momo being the charge-full-speed-ahead(-into-Aki's-bum) kind of Princess she is, it will be a lot of willful clashing, a couple chapters of Momo being defiant and Aki being cowardly (and getting support from Sakaki and Kiku) and some avoiding of eachother, and then Momo will win as usual - she's the protagonist, after all!

I don’t think Aki will be Secret Wolfa Princess™, as her relationship with the other Wolfa girl seemed too casual for her to be royalty – though this is based on the ‘relatively restrictive European-type(ish) royalty culture of the Sheep Country. Did the Wolfa royal family let their emotionally stunted daughter(s?) flirt with random Wolfa girls they meet at church(-analouge?)? Maybe. Though if Aki were Secret Wolfa Princess™, I’d expect at minimum more internal monologue about ‘see, being a princess sucks, that’s why I quit!’ or similar. And probably less "OMG butlergirl can't be with Princess! Scandal!!!", to be honest...

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Honestly, I kinda hope we don't get the "Aki being cowardly" part - she already had that phase and decided that Momo's happiness is more important to her. I can definitely see her deciding to refuse any attempts to separate them, so long as Momo doesn't want to.

And yeah, hope there would be no secret princess asspulls.

joined Apr 10, 2021

Will Momo abdicate her position and become a commoner to be together with Aki? Will Aki be revealed as a long
lost/runaway Wolfa princess? The possibilities are endless.

On the same level of "realism" where royals have to have arranged marriages for political dynasty games, no way you can just "abdicate" your royalty position. That would be the exact same from the viewpoint of the country/dynasty as allowing her to marry a commoner, and thus not acceptable for the same reason.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

"There is a girl you love and who loves you back ? Too bad, go spread your legs for this guy you never met."

I hate and despise this. Way to ruin a manga that had managed to make everything nice so far.

At this point, this will leave a sour taste on the whole story, no matter how the rest of the characters fare. Unless they pull a royal divorce or something similar, but I'm not getting my hopes up, there's basically zero chance of that happening.

__fujiwara_no_mokou_and_houraisan_kaguya_touhou_drawn_by_ootsuki_wataru__abfa356e1066a80ad94144d78ad40e5f%20-%20copia
joined Sep 22, 2019

Oof... I feel bad for the dressmaker. The queen didn't even let her go afterwards, and just kept her as a hanger-on. It's great that you're happy with how things turned out, queen, but damn. Feels bad.

I'm pretty sure that the queen wouldn't force her to stay if she actually wanted to leave. That's not the kind of vibe their current relationship gives. More of a friendly exes situation, where they broke up but remained close friends.

last edited at Jan 25, 2023 7:36PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

"There is a girl you love and who loves you back ? Too bad, go spread your legs for this guy you never met."

I hate and despise this. Way to ruin a manga that had managed to make everything nice so far.

At this point, this will leave a sour taste on the whole story, no matter how the rest of the characters fare. Unless they pull a royal divorce or something similar, but I'm not getting my hopes up, there's basically zero chance of that happening.

People discovering royalties do arranged marriages in this day and age.Also you do realize that without the marriage of the mom, there is no Momo.

To reply you must either login or sign up.