Forum › The Sheep Princess in Wolf's Clothing discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Just couple things.

And at least the moon is useful for something - giving Aki a very rare chance to top as well. :D

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

I can't help but think that making Momo the top (most of the time) was intended to be an herbivore/carnivore irony joke.

StupidSexySolaire
joined Jan 19, 2023

super cute. always love to see after story stuff. always makes me grin like a idiot

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

i hope if the author makes more stuff in this setting, it focuses on the hyena princess. she was probably my favorite character

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Huh. I wasn't aware that CGRascal was in the non-doujin scanlation scene, too. Whatever pays the bills, I guess!

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Happy ending doesn't change the super sour feeling left by the queen-focused chapter. Momo gets to be married happily, but the author still decided that another character was forced to break up with her girlfriend and marry some dude she didn't know.

But hey, it's okay because "look, she's happy now anyway". It's what's annoying me the most (and making me very uncomfortable), that it was shown very positively and the forced break-up didn't matter. I guess it was just a phase. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sucks to be a side character.

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

I have read this a few times already. Cute and fluffy. Although ending and the thing with the queen was both a bit sad.

joined May 3, 2014

This extra chapter was pure cuteness!!!

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

Such a lovely, relaxing series.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.....

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I love the little bow on the end of her tail <3

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Happy ending doesn't change the super sour feeling left by the queen-focused chapter. Momo gets to be married happily, but the author still decided that another character was forced to break up with her girlfriend and marry some dude she didn't know.

But hey, it's okay because "look, she's happy now anyway". It's what's annoying me the most (and making me very uncomfortable), that it was shown very positively and the forced break-up didn't matter. I guess it was just a phase.

No one was forced to do everything. Stop projecting. The chapter is so long passed, it's silly of you to bring up now. We had this argument long ago.
Following your traditional and familial responsibilities is not being forced. She chose to do it, it even showed that in the chapter in question.
If anything, the only 'forcing' happening around here is you trying to force your cultural preferences onto the author and the characters in their story.

last edited at Oct 5, 2023 2:38AM

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Oh, my heart. I'm glad this honeymoon chapter dropped to remind me to read this. It is unbelievably cute and I adore the art. It's so lavish!

But I hope Kunya's maid finally breaks through her princess' thick skull that she could be the main character in one of her stories for once.

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

But hey, it's okay because "look, she's happy now anyway". It's what's annoying me the most (and making me very uncomfortable), that it was shown very positively and the forced break-up didn't matter. I guess it was just a phase.

No one was forced to do everything. Stop projecting. The chapter is so long passed, it's silly of you to bring up now. We had this argument long ago.
Following your traditional and familial responsibilities is not being forced. She chose to do it, it even showed that in the chapter in question.
If anything, the only 'forcing' happening around here is you trying to force your cultural preferences onto the author and the characters in their story.

I'm not sure how you read that chapter and got the impression that she was making a willing choice. Maybe this is so old that I shouldn't reopen an argument but here I go. I'd also hope that the entire argument isn't hanging on the use of the word "forced" because that would be semantics.

Had our current princess' parents been different and they'd actually chosen her a marriage partner against her will to be with Aki, you would also call that not "forced," or if we're sensitive to that word, how about "pressured" etc? That would be a happy ending, after she's protested and ended up broken down crying behind the door like her mother did? You would describe that in the history books as just a child who chose to follow her familial responsibilities? Simply, her choice?

It's funny because that's a documented phenomena Japan has dealt with in its recent past (decades ago) with these kinds of young (especially pre college) sapphic relationships and arranged marriages and likely is part of the allusion this story is making. But I guess all those women also just "chose to follow familial responsibilities too?" How would you characterize that?

The mother lucked out that her husband ended up a fine person but she did not hold her head high and break up with her love on her own, "for duty." She and her dressmaker went along with expectations, being powerless to do otherwise (just as our princess would have had to do). They have lingering feelings, clearly but have ended up alright, all things considered. It's pretty straightforward that the mother and daughter's stories run parallel, are meant to comment on each other but also to contrast the "old times" from the "new age," after lessons had been learned. It's a super cute story but it's cute because of how the mistakes of its past are rejected on the second go around precisely by those who felt the pressures of these imposed decisions "chosen by our parents" on their own childhood (the great art and all the funny, helps too).

Maybe I'll go reread these arguments to understand the logic. Edit: read them and they don't make much sense to me, logically, and certainly not narratively. So I'm glad I missed that discussion here then. Just wanted to add my piece so I get it out of my head.

last edited at Oct 5, 2023 8:04AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

A lovely surprise. So goddamn adorable, dude. Love it.

Images
joined Apr 7, 2021

But hey, it's okay because "look, she's happy now anyway". It's what's annoying me the most (and making me very uncomfortable), that it was shown very positively and the forced break-up didn't matter. I guess it was just a phase. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah I feel the same way. It was so unnecessary to add to this story :/

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Wonderful. ^_^

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

People are saying it was unnecessary... I'm not so sure I agree. Were Aki not going against centuries of tradition as a mere servant, would her heartfelt declaration of love have the same kind of stakes and impact? And would the queen have been as sympathetic to granting this useless wolf her daughter's hand in marriage?

Don't get me wrong, I don't LIKE that Mari didn't stand up for her own love in her youth-- not at all! But I think it's plausible that that was what catalysed her to become the domineering hardass queen who nevertheless approves of Aki.

The story didn't really dwell on the Juju/Mari/twink triangle (on account of them being... maybe not even secondary so much as tertiary... characters) so I think it's hard to say exactly what's going through all their minds.

Maybe seeing her daughter grasp happiness will encourage Mari to rekindle her own relationship? (That's certainly what happens in my headcanon!) And, like, she has THREE daughters with the deer twink (he probably has a name? lol), too. Do you really think Momo would exist if she didn't actually like him? Juju, too, had a daughter with someone she presumably loves. ...Hell, maybe Juju already shares their bed and Brubel is secretly Momo's half-sister. (Wouldn't THAT be a twist...)

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Well that's quite a bombshell to drop at the end of an extra lol

Unsurprising, given the seriousness of the development lately. To quote myself:

You can't do it before the end of the story though since the resolution is of course to reveal the secret princess background and make them have an official engagement or even wedding or whatever instead. And as we all know that's when the manga absolutely has to end, or The Heavens will fall from the sky and erase all of humanity.

Nobody ever can write a story that's about getting to together and then just continuing afterwards. It's either or. It's a law of the universe.

Aren't they literally together since chapter 18??

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

oh while rereading the first chapter to make sure of Momo's exact position in the line to the throne, I was reminded that Aki has like tons of scars that have seemingly disappeared when she and Momo had sex in the latest chapter.

Fucked up, I guess a sheep a day keeps the scars away.

How do you know they are gone?
It's literally drawn so that you couldn't even see the scars...
They were on her left side on/under her breast, and the side isn't openly shown.

Edit: like seen in 27.5

last edited at Mar 2, 2024 2:31PM

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Just lol.

You should have addressed UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins' points instead.

last edited at Mar 2, 2024 3:01PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.