Forum › Posts by anjou

anjou
Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010
G_r_s__-1775275297031746032-img1

GRS- never misses. Whether her continuum comics, e.g. Sharon & Talia, or these 'sidebar' comics with Emo, Doom Metal, Pastel Goth, and (my fav) Goth a Problem, etc, every comic makes me at least smile like a goofball.

Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010

Late to this, but I tried the alcoholic Mozart Afternoon. Because I'm a dirty American, I ended up with 8oz black tea, 4oz milk, and ~1.5oz of Mozart Dark.

Verdict - it wasn't bad. Very light taste. I usually prefer strong tastes, especially with my liquor (I like sweet and/or fruity, 'girly' drinks usually), so I may or may not try it again. May also play with it. I think it would probably go well with a light roast coffee instead of tea. Or I'll just make more tiramisu martinis.

anjou
Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010

This reminds me of "The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated!" By Konbu Wakame. A bit too much so, even. Still a fun and cute series, what a hard life to be mahou shoujo...

Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010

My suspension of disbelief is almost destroyed single-handed by... Doumoto-sensei. Or, maybe Ryouko-sensei, depending on your view.
I just can't believe that there was a dangerous situation (classroom full of volatile gas), the classroom is excplictly evacuated, and yet the entire student body ends up in the gym for the opening ceremony, and oh yeah, we're ignoring that no one smelled the overwhleming stench of dozens of punctured deoderant cans in the very next room/back of the room.
Shouldn't that warrant an evacuation of the school, or at least dismissal for the day? How about reporting to the other teachers that one of the students just tried to blow up a classroom? Especially in light that it was clearly orchestrated (party-popper trap), and depending on recollection Komachi clearly lied ("How did Komachi-san miss this?"[referring to locker full of punctured deoderant cans]). The next chapter is going to be interesting, if only because the school is going to be closed, the faculty and students investigated which will hopefully raise a lot of over-due questions, and Satsuki will have to find premonitionary corpses elsewhere.
Just in this chapter, we've got a murdered student (which no one reported), one student who set up two lethal traps to kill other students (as of last night when Seo Mizuka met with Komachi), one accessory (at best) or co-conspirator who assisted with the traps (though for us readers Komachi has been messed up for a while and I don't think anyone was surprised), and one murderous darkhorse (Shiina Miho) who set off a lethal trap to make a point. This is kind of thing I expect from Murcielago by Yoshimurakana, where every character is messed up in the head as standard and the setting is explictly a Crapsack World...

Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010
Yumi_xsh-1716025201505485118-img1

I know next to nothing about Idolmaster, but I've loved the aesthetic of RinxUzuki for years. They've always been a minor pairing (to my knowledge based on Danbooru uploads), but I've seen even less the past while. This really makes my day. Thanks for this.

Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010
112252459_p10

This is an image pool on danbooru, a series of illustration by rrr_(reason) depicting the budding relationship between a noble lady and her maid. You can find it here: https://danbooru.donmai.us/pools/20108
Gore Warning: For some reason, one of the images has them covered in blood. Or catsup.
NSFW Warning: One of the images has them in bed.

last edited at Nov 4, 2023 12:55AM

anjou
Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010
Ahurerukuiizi-1601210302024265730-img1

I find the "loafers with tracksuit" combo offensive and morally objectionable.

Kita's triumphant expression is top tier, though. KITA~N, indeed lol

Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010

Saw "Katsuragi" and "Sensei", misremembered the title and thought we were about to get another chapter of Kusanagi-Sensei Is Being Tested. Alas.
This is fine, too, tho.
Link to other series: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/kusanagi_sensei_is_being_tested

Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010

Last page: [The queen found out.]
Me, Cue: Panicked screaming. (It just felt right.)

Being said, the whole 'gave up true (arguable, prolly) love for the duties of the crown' hits like speeding Truck-kun. Ouchies. I saw a comment about 'bi-Mom', and wonder if that's wishful thinking. In that kind of scenario, especially if it's literally 'this is how we (Sheep Country) survive', no one asks or probably cares; cement the alliance, produce heirs - everything else is secondary. I say this so everyone else who reads this can feel as bad as I do. So, take that. (?)

Given Momo is youngest daughter, I wonder if the author will use that inherent (or, maybe, disinherited) wiggle room to make their social-status-bucking romance work. I think doting elder sisters + Momo being the charge-full-speed-ahead(-into-Aki's-bum) kind of Princess she is, it will be a lot of willful clashing, a couple chapters of Momo being defiant and Aki being cowardly (and getting support from Sakaki and Kiku) and some avoiding of eachother, and then Momo will win as usual - she's the protagonist, after all!

I don’t think Aki will be Secret Wolfa Princess™, as her relationship with the other Wolfa girl seemed too casual for her to be royalty – though this is based on the ‘relatively restrictive European-type(ish) royalty culture of the Sheep Country. Did the Wolfa royal family let their emotionally stunted daughter(s?) flirt with random Wolfa girls they meet at church(-analouge?)? Maybe. Though if Aki were Secret Wolfa Princess™, I’d expect at minimum more internal monologue about ‘see, being a princess sucks, that’s why I quit!’ or similar. And probably less "OMG butlergirl can't be with Princess! Scandal!!!", to be honest...

Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010

Wow, Kiku acted with almost zero hesitation. Blew through Sakaki's idolation with willpower and horniess alone. What an absolute unit. I hope Aki and Momo are taking notes: this is what a Useful Lesbian™ looks like.

Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010
103789679_p0_copy

This is what you get for playing with Melua's heart in the Ch 9.3 extra!
Which actually threw me for a loop when Melua hesitated, but then again everything Utaho says is sus...

Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010
102896129_p7

For awareness: Dynasty doubled up. https://dynasty-scans.com/images/20055?tag_id=14430

Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010

I'm with benderboy on this one: 2 fucked up 4 me. I really wanted a heartwarming recovery ending... but I suppose this is fine, too.
I wonder if Aise's commanding tone at the end, and scribbly pupils, means that she's so far broken that she's done some kind of psychopathic 1080º and will be abusive towards Mae... who in turn will further(?) her masochistic(?)/servile tendencies. It'll be a murder-suicide by the time they're in their middle or late teens at this rate...
...here's hoping for a sequel. In the meantime, let's go re-read "You're the Cutest When You're Filthy (Kitanai Kimi ga Ichiban Kawaii)"!

Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010

Waiting for the amnesia plot twist, where Mai has mentally regressed to grade-school age due to a head injury and her going to grade school/swim class is part of her recovery program. The occasional suave line/move on her part is part of the "real Mai" peeking through, who is a total flirt. M Night Shamalamadingdong twist is that Hitomi is her same-age (adult) sister/cousin/childhood friend who is playing along with her to help recover her memories. #WildAndBaselessSpeculation

Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010

Ch 23: Oh hey, Loop Hero. That game is pretty fun.

anjou
Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010
Tanjiu9-1519081042245693441-img1

Holding hands, and possibly (probably?) matching rings. Charming!
I do love Tanjiu's preference for putting their characters in street fashion. They draw it well, and especially Sun Jing really rocks it, especially this slightly punk vibe with the torn jeans. Their names on their bags is a cute touch, too.

Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010
95976619_p0

As a public service, here is a convenient link to the uncensored version.
https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/5103777

Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010
Marceline2174-1487763392467456004-img1

Oh hey, my favorite western novel series has fanart on Dynasty. NICE.
The series is extremely good, if anyone is thinking of maybe looking into it. Tamsyn Muir is an excellent writer, and I love her world building in the Locked Tomb series. It's some kind of slightly schizophrenic mashup of fantasy and sci-fi, but it never feels disjointed. If you end up liking Locked Tomb, try the other single piece of Tamsyn Muir's that I read (and also loved), "The Deepwater Bride".

anjou
Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010

I can't wait for Hino to tell Koguma she got that swimsuit from the kids section.
Though, it remains mysterious to me that Koguma has only ever wondered if Hino has a crush on her ONCE when Hino has said at least three times that Koguma('s body) is her type.

anjou
Image Comments 15 Sep 03:31
Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010
Eqekftcucai5cf7-orig

The plot was kind of getting out of hand, and the characters were a bit all over, but damn this was a good manga. I sure do miss it.

anjou
Image Comments 02 Aug 05:27
Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010
E29tvunvcaynjb0-orig

Crossick is so relaxing.
And also horoyois are delicious, and my second biggest regret from my tour in Korea is that I can't get White Sour Horoyois anymore. :(
TMI: my number 1 biggest regret is that COVID restrictions killed any chance at enjoying Seoul. And, in typical fashion, of course the day before I left USFK lifted restrictions on Area 2.

Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010

If there's going to be a "cliffhanger" every chapter, my heart is not going to last...

anjou
Image Comments 03 Jul 00:21
Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010
E3xjac0x0aqd4kk-orig

In case others are curious as well, this seems to be the official art mentioned.
|https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/4533401

anjou
Image Comments 19 Apr 21:48
Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010
Escq6mzucaa-p7y-orig

Gorgerous. I ship them. Yay for Umineko!

anjou
Image Comments 13 Mar 17:26
Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010
87483769_p0

What are they going to do on the couch? /s
That is some serious artistic license with Abakan's chest, tho.