Forum › Our Yuri Started With Me Getting Rejected in a Dream discussion

joined Mar 23, 2022

daym on first I kinda worry because her mom assumes it's a guy and thought she might not support her daughter with her love thing but now I like how unbothered she was after putting the two and two together! hands down to this mom!!

joined Oct 14, 2016

Eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Mom approved of scissor

Img_20200401_132631
joined Jun 17, 2018

I loved the supportive mom. I'm just waiting for the moment they get together, mentally prepare for tell her mom and after that the mom responds just like "I know, why?"

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Mom wingmen are the best.

joined May 29, 2021

Does anyone else have a problem with this and “trying to get together with my childhood friend” always releasing so close together? They tend to get mashed up in my brain.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Nice chapter! This is a first for me in a manga--a mother realizing, after racking her memory, that her daughter could be in love with a girl instead.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Ah yes, understanding from the get-go parents. If only things could be this nice. Still, I wouldn't mind for this to boil a little longer before mom "realizes". Just for some extra "funzies" and awkward situations.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Does anyone else have a problem with this and “trying to get together with my childhood friend” always releasing so close together? They tend to get mashed up in my brain.

A little bit since they have the same 'childhood friends' and 'idiot couple' tag and similar artstyle but it's not a problem for me since they're two of my favorite manga to read right now.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Oh, I've definitely pointed this out in the discussion of at least one of these. :D

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Mom isn't dumb lol. Glad she figured out who it probably is and didnt have a problem with that :)
Also I love how sneaky/smart Hinoka is with that photo- all 'these sweets are yummy!' holding the packet above her bare thighs lol.

@Soren I think mom was more wondering if flaunting her sex apeal would work on another GIRL in general.

I was thinking of reading it that way too. But then she said, "If it's Tsukushi..." rather than say, "If it's a girl..."

Makes sense either way. But I was thinking while she was having that flashback of Hinoka, she might have noticed Tsukushi's lukewarm responses from before she became self-conscious of Hinoka.

But yeah, pretty fair to wonder if the sex appeal angle would work, especially for girls in that age group. I know there are girls who are into it early on but I know I didn't pay attention to anyone's body irl when I was a teen. XD

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Sharp and supportive mom confirmed!! YES

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Weirdly enough, this brought me back to my own coming out (24 years ago almost to the day, good god I'm old X_X). My parents had figured it out so long before I actually told them and were so unbothered by it that they legit assumed I'd already made my coming out and they'd just forgot :P So when I had my moment, after agonizing with it for a long while, their response was just '' wait, you told us already didn't you? What's the big deal ? '' :P We ended up having a big laugh about it, and years later I can see just how lucky I was to have parents like that, that's for sure.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

!Accepting MILF Alert!

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

I mean, Tsukihi does think Hinoka is super hot. She's down bad. She's also right.

So uh, mom's advice might actually work lol

last edited at Jan 19, 2023 9:39AM

joined Jun 11, 2021

yes we love a supportive mom!

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Mom knows: get those Mk 48 torpedoes out.

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

LMAO @ the mom: "Just use your boobs, that's what they're for!"

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Aww supportive momma love!

Also if she uses sex appeal on Tsukushi.. Oh god she's going to kill her isn't she?

joined Dec 7, 2022

What a supportive mom???

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Aww supportive momma love!

Also if she uses sex appeal on Tsukushi.. Oh god she's going to kill her isn't she?

Considering that the candy photo was her first implementation of this advice, I believe we've already seen the result.

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

Now in keeping with the idiot couple tag, I want the "how do we explain we're gay" story arc to happen, but from Mom's PoV where she realizes "oh my god do they think I don't KNOW?"

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Haha awesome mom!

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

It baffles me that ppl always tends to ignore/forget that sex appeal is a valid tool to make someone notice you, ya got a good body!? Make use of it!

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think the Mom is being silly. The best advice she could give is to tell Tsukushi she loves her in their next dream, and then have sex. Easy peasy. Get with it, Mom!

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

It is very fun how we get to see the other side of the story now. It's super interesting in the sense that we do get to see the exact reasoning behind a lot of the more overt flirting coming from Hinoka,

and it's really funny to contrast between Tsukushi who was very much flirting first and only fully realized she was in love later, with Hinoka who has been in love since forever and has only started overtly flirting after Tsukushi did her "tell me you love me" the day after she had her nightmare.

To reply you must either login or sign up.