Forum › The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady discussion

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Also, be prepared to be disappointed by volume 3 when the manga or anime get to it. It was bad.

Is this for the web novel or the light novel? I'm about to purchase the translated ones on Amazon to give a read through... is it that bad bad?????

Light novel. It's a "I really didn't like it and this development feels like it came out of nowhere" bad but not complete shit. I could see some people liking it, I just didn't. And Volume 4 might still make it work and Volume 3 does have some good in it like some nice relationship development but the main plot just does not work for me and feels very unsatisfying, made worse thanks to volume 2's ending being fantastic which got me so hyped for 3

Lowkey worried, but I guess I can only give it a read to see how it goes. I'm coming straight from the "I Favor the Villainess" LNs / manga adaptation, so the bar is quite high for me in terms of both the treatment of plot, storyline progression, and relationships. Hope it's somewhat on par. Thanks for giving me a heads up in expectation. I'll lower it for now haha.

joined Dec 13, 2019

... and more importantly, ch27 is up and we got a nice, if short little moment between the pair of main characters... and a whole lot of stuff other than that, as always :P Which I think makes it interesting - this manga does seem to me mostly about the magical revolution itself and the princess, and the relationship with Euphie, while important, doesn't take center stage. Even if repeat myself incessantly about how it would probaby better if they cut the dialogues in half, I still like it.

I am okay with Anise and Euphie's personal relationship being a subplot rather than the main plot, because I am convinced that being the Queen Consort is still Euphie's destiny... just with Anise as her Queen Regnant. :3

Their relationship is the main plot in volumes 1 and 3 of the novels. Volume 2, which is where we're at right now with the manga, has it on the backseat. It'll probably keep alternating so volume 4 will again have it be on the side.
Also, be prepared to be disappointed by volume 3 when the manga or anime get to it. It was bad.

I was mostly fine with the actual "story" of volume 3, the problem is that the author is needlessly verbose and tends to write in circles a lot, which leads to a lot of repetition and hammering the same home point over and over. I get the feeling that if the anime/manga get that far it will cut down on the fat. I can't be too mad at volume 3 though because it gave me exactly what I wanted from the volume, even if it took a bit of a winding route to get there.

Also, on an anime note, I really liked the first episode. A lot of anime original stuff but it's pretty much all stuff that we we just get told about later anyways, so it's nice to see it shown more organically. Plus it helps the pacing work so we can end off the first episode in the same way the first chapter of the manga does, which is pretty much the perfect hook.

joined Aug 17, 2011

Are there more volumes?

joined Apr 19, 2012

Are there more volumes?

The web novels consist of only 3 volumes, but the light novels have 4 in total, with the fourth volume slated to be translated and released in April 2023. I chose to only read the LNs since the author mentioned they rewrote and shifted some of the focus in volumes 2 and 3 for the light novels.

I just finished catching up on Vol 2 & 3 yesterday and here are some of my thoughts... (spoilers below.)

Volume 2: Someone in the thread mentioned that they were pretty dissatisfied with this volume, but I personally liked how it wrapped up the main plotline and set us up for progression for the next arc (Euphy and Anisphia). Honestly, I was a bit shocked how there was so little in terms of yuri moments-- everything was subtext-like and so lowkey that I was frankly worried this wasn't going to be yuri in the end lol. It was just impossibly slow, in my opinion. The afterword was clear that this was intentional though, since things were to ramp up in vol 3 &4, so in hindsight, it was good.

Volume 3: For a little while, I thought Anisphia was a bit OOC because her reactions became really dramatic throughout this volume, but I also think it might've been also attributed to the translation-- I think this LN has a clear ending in mind, but I think the author could've cut the fat for better writing at times. I thought the progression in their relationship could've used a chapter from Euphy's POV, but all in all, I was happy to see progress in the yuri department. I liked that this volume shifted focus like the author had promised.

I'm looking forward to Volume 4, but I'm a little confused as to how Euphy is supposed to help pass on her lineage. Will Anisphia and Euphy marry? They're step-sisters now, so is this psuedo-incest... and will there be magical babies? Will there be adoption? I've got questions lol.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I'm looking forward to Volume 4, but I'm a little confused as to how Euphy is supposed to help pass on her lineage. Will Anisphia and Euphy marry? They're step-sisters now, so is this psuedo-incest... and will there be magical babies? Will there be adoption? I've got questions lol.

Well i mean, they're royalty so nothing unusual there tbh xD I'm totally down with magic babies, i hope it goes that direction~ Where there's a will there's a way! :D

joined Apr 19, 2012

Volume five released last summer, actually. The sixth and final volume will be available later this month.

Woops. I meant to clarify that I was referring to the translated novels but you're completely right. Thanks for the correction!

This is the author's twitter for anyone interested.

last edited at Jan 6, 2023 2:16AM

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

So I've seen the two episodes of the anime that exists now and comparing the two... I think the manga tells the story better, honestly. The anime spends half the first episode on establishing things that we understand just fine from implication, for example, and it feels like it's downplaying Euphie's viewpoint that provides us a useful lens to understand Anise (why did they forget the "e" in the subs, ohgod).

Not that the anime is bad! It's definitely got the right energy and every single voice performance is on point. I especially appreciate Senbogi Sayaka giving me Yuuki Aoi vibes with her rendition of Anne-Sophia!

Just, structurally, the comic is generally tighter and smarter about how it spends its time IMO.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Anise (why did they forget the "e" in the subs, ohgod).

That's how it's spelled in the novels (or in the official translation at least)
Her name is Anisphia in the novels instead of Anne-Sophia and it's shortened to Anis

last edited at Jan 12, 2023 1:32PM

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Cant wait to see the epic fight scenes against the dragon and of course the cute moment where Lainie shows off her vampire appearance :)

joined Apr 16, 2022

So I've seen the two episodes of the anime that exists now and comparing the two... I think the manga tells the story better, honestly. The anime spends half the first episode on establishing things that we understand just fine from implication, for example, and it feels like it's downplaying Euphie's viewpoint that provides us a useful lens to understand Anise (why did they forget the "e" in the subs, ohgod).

Not that the anime is bad! It's definitely got the right energy and every single voice performance is on point. I especially appreciate Senbogi Sayaka giving me Yuuki Aoi vibes with her rendition of Anne-Sophia!

Just, structurally, the comic is generally tighter and smarter about how it spends its time IMO.

It's always interesting to compare takes; I actually prefer the anime because I think it does a better job of making the extended exposition that makes up much of the dialogue entertaining. I haven't paid close enough attention to see if it's because of judicious cuts/additions or because the voice acting and animation gives the dialogue an energy and momentum that it doesn't have in a comics medium, but the difference was palpable to me.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Her name is Anisphia in the novels instead of Anne-Sophia and it's shortened to Anis

Seriously? I am genuinely curious why the editor let that slide when it looks so... "off", let's say.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Seriously? I am genuinely curious why the editor let that slide when it looks so... "off", let's say.

Personally I prefer it. Anisphia doesn't have an "e" so to me Anis looks more correct as a shortened version.
(and Anisphia is a more accurate romanisation of her Japanese name than Anne-Sophia)

last edited at Jan 13, 2023 10:23AM

joined Apr 19, 2012

Lainie

@eikichi00 -- can you spoiler tag using markdown ==words== ? Not everyone in this comment section has read the novel. Thanks!

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Lainie

@eikichi00 -- can you spoiler tag using markdown ==words== ? Not everyone in this comment section has read the novel. Thanks!

This is actually already scanlated, it's just not here but on Mangadex :P But yeah this still means that spoiler tag is a good idea

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

onyxpanda posted:

Lainie

Yes but actually no, while here in dynasty the translation stopped around July, someone in Mangadex is still translating up to chapter 27, so yeah spoilers here but the manga is quite advanced.

The anime will probably pass beyond what's translated so far

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Oh man, the anime for this is so good. The pacing is sooo much better than the hot mess that the WN and manga are, it sets up all the characters and foreshadows/preps all the relevant plot points in the first two episodes, the tweaked order of events flows well, and it's exploding with rainbows and just being generally gay. It still manages an in media res opening while giving proper context to the engagement getting called off

last edited at Jan 14, 2023 11:49AM

joined Feb 11, 2022

Oh man, the anime for this is so good. The pacing is sooo much better than the hot mess that the WN and manga are, it sets up all the characters and foreshadows/preps all the relevant plot points in the first two episodes, the tweaked order of events flows well, and it's exploding with rainbows and just being generally gay. It still manages an in media res opening while giving proper context to the engagement getting called off

why is there no upload of the manga ?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Chapter 30 is up on MD. Man, the prince has just upgraded himself from a regular douchebag to a terminate-with-extreme-prejudice-when-spotted in my book...

last edited at Mar 27, 2023 3:49AM

Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

For those who have read the LN/WN and finished the anime, do they have the same ending?
Wondering if I should give the novels a go

joined Nov 11, 2010

The anime ending corresponds to the end of Volume 3 (out of 6) of the LN and Part 1 (out of 2) of the WN. The WN is finished, but the LN series is continuing with Volume 7 announced in Japan.

Since the anime ends with Anis and Euphie only just getting together, the LN volumes afterwards should definitely be worth it for yuri fans (not only do Anis/Euphie get development, but Ilia/Lainie do too). I'd encourage anybody who enjoyed the anime to check out the novels.

last edited at Mar 29, 2023 7:10PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Since the anime ends with (...)

I'm sorry to be rude but spoiler that shit pls, this is a thread for the scanlated manga (even if what you're hinting at isn't exactly hard to guess :P)

joined Jan 3, 2020

For those who have read the LN/WN and finished the anime, do they have the same ending?
Wondering if I should give the novels a go

The anime tracks the LN and manga pretty closely. The WN's story separates substantially from the LN's around volume 2 / 3. From what I've heard of reviews of the WN, this is a good thing because most people disliked the direction the WN went.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

New novel from the same author! nice girls!
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2024-02-12/the-magical-revolution-of-the-reincarnated-princess-author-piero-karasu-launches-new-light-novel/.207477
The website has a short trailer to showcase the characters.

I haven't read the manga in a while because... from what we saw in the anime, what's coming is really hard to watch btw so I took vacations lol

last edited at Feb 13, 2024 12:07AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.