Forum › Posts by eikichi00

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

is it just me or Diana start to give off yandere vibe ?

That would be quite a twist if she turns out to be the crazy one and not Lapis, even if that's an unlikely scenario :P

But yeah, she's clinging onto Natori a bit too much for my liking. She needs to back off sometime and give the poor lady some space to breathe. Maybe in the next chapter, she's too occupied training with the prince and Natori could sneak off to see Lapis for a moment.

As for Natori, she's becoming like a damsel in distress that needs rescuing all the time, which is kind of frustrating. She may be an ordinary person with no magical power but surely there has to be something she can actually do. Since she has knowledge of certain events, perhaps she should be actively finding ways to prevent Lapis's death. At least it's better than just standing around on the sideline and hoping things don't come to pass.

last edited at Apr 19, 2023 8:10PM

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Cant wait to see the epic fight scenes against the dragon and of course the cute moment where Lainie shows off her vampire appearance :)

eikichi00
Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

^^

There probably should be a new topic since it's a different webtoon. Then again, maybe it's not needed since it isn't widely accessible to most international readers.

Anyways, this Woo-hui (brown-haired girl) feels more like Sun-hwa (Sumin's best friend from high school) IMHO since she's like that good old friend who always hangs around, is obsessive over her friend and love interest, and gets jealous seeing the other girls attracting her attention. Although she certainly does have the Seju-like big breasts :)

As for Yeon-woo (pink-haired girl), no doubt she definitely looks the most Seju-like apart from having brighter pink hair, pink eyes, and much smaller breasts, as well as acting flirtatious, and is implied to have a dark past.

The new series just feels... weird lol. It's like the author is writing a perverted fantasy with this Ji-ho being her self-insert character, who would be getting it on with as many beautiful girls as she could before she finally settled down with her one true love.

eikichi00
Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Nonetheless, there are some positives, mainly the beautifully drawn art style and of course, the smut. Thank goodness for Seju and those F cups of hers for having carried much of the series. They earned their rest :)

^Quite so. Beautiful art and top-notch lewdness kept me reading long after the story disintegrated into a series of tangents.

This series was an instructive example of how a writer can go wrong both over-developing and under-developing plot and character. If Sumin & Sunji had gotten half the characterization and plot attention as Seju herself and the past Sumin/Seju relationship did, it almost certainly would have been more like the story the authors seemed to want to tell originally.

From my POV, having Seju suck up all the oxygen in the story but sticking with the OTP ending was a massive failure of authorial courage. And in the end, the character I thought was most interesting at first, the gorgeous and quirky Sunji, basically disappeared.

Amen, I would have found myself rooting for the main couple if that was the case, which sadly didn't happen.

And guess what? The author has released yet again another love triangle story it seems lol... Even though it's far from finished, I can already sense where this story is going: the Seju-lookalike won't be with the blue-haired Sumin-lookalike since she isn't the first girl introduced and it's implied she was either her ex or a sex buddy, meaning she's tainted. How disappointing...

last edited at Jan 5, 2023 4:32PM

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

I think it said she graduated 3 years ago, so it would probably make her around 21 years old? In which case this makes the story a liiiiiittle bit odd. Still like the overall plot tho!

The age gap does make things a bit awkward to know. I suppose it's still somewhat acceptable so long as she isn't old enough to be their mothers.

Anyways, more yuri villainess stories are welcome. Lady Lapis herself is so beautifully drawn, kind of reminds me of Shizuma from Strawberry Panic.

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Wait, Lady Lapis is 15? Since Diana is and she's in her same class. Jeez, these high schoolers seem to be getting taller than most of my classmates were...

Which begs the question how old is Natori herself? O_o

eikichi00
Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Wow, nearly 8 years since this manhwa debuted. With TG finally releasing a new series shortly after the New Year, I thought I give this another read for old-time sake. As soon as I did, I feel like banging my head against the wall...

The biggest source of my frustration comes from, surprise, surprise, Seong Sumin, whom I still find to be an infuriating character even now. If only she wasn't acting insensitively half of the time and actually communicate better to reassure her partner, I'd like her more but sadly that's not the case.

Apart from that, there really isn't a need to have like dozens of flashbacks about Seju and Sumin as a couple, which the readers get it already. Or that nasty scene where the midget has strap-on sex with this redheaded manager (whose name I easily forgot since she isn't memorable) and she puked herself in the bathroom afterward...

Nonetheless, there are some positives, mainly the beautifully drawn art style and of course, the smut. Thank goodness for Seju and those F cups of hers for having carried much of the series. They earned their rest :)

eikichi00
Lily Marble discussion 18 Mar 19:31
Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

On that note, I definitely agree Aya is a somewhat more likeable and sympathetic person than Sumin. She's at least honest towards Risa and drew the line with her instead of continue to play around with her feelings. All this girl needs now is a wake up call and finally decide for herself what she really wants - something easier said than done but I'm sure she comes around soon.

eikichi00
Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

I have seen the "secret chapter" on Bomtoon. Seju and Wonnie's date at the swimming pool was pretty cute and damn sexy of course :D

It's safe to say, Seju is no longer burdened by the past and seems to be enjoying a drama-free life with her new GF by her side. I know bish Alggumba mentioned Seju won't lose the value of her life even if she broke up with Won, but why on earth would they ever break up? Barring any dumb mistakes on their parts, those two seems like they're capable of communicating with one another and sorting out their issues like proper adults (which they have done). Won especially, has shown herself to be quite attentive towards Seju and is wiling to have patience with her. Seju may not love her as crazy as she did with Sumin, but she'll realized someday Won is the one for her.

Well, sadly that's the only extra we're getting out of those two. I highly doubt they'll add several more panels at the final Will chapter, showing lovey dovey moments between them... It's clear enough the author has some extreme favouritism for the main couple. I expect the sexy time between Sumin x Sungji will have a lot more panels in Will.

eikichi00
Lily Marble discussion 17 Mar 16:14
Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

I had a peek at Ch30 raws. Can't tell if its the past or the present time. Regardless, I feel pretty bad for Risa, who does kind of reminds me of Seju from WDTFS. This girl deserves better than having this false hope the love of her life will come back to her someday. As for Aya, she's seriously deluding herself if she thinks she can pretend to act straight, get married and have kids for the sake of her family's happiness...

The first panels is in black, so these are the only flashbacks. But the rest of it from Risa talking with Miyu is in the present The author said it's their current situation too.
I'm just not sure if the flash back is from back when Aya broke up with her for the first time or if it's a second break up a few days ago the current situation

I also agree with you about Risa, she's like my favorite, but if we are more objective, it was also her who was kinda forcing her way on Aya, despite Aya telling her to back off.
What happens between them next is going to be important for different reasons.

My impression, Risa's the more assertive of the duo, like she's not afraid to come out as a lesbian to family, friends and colleagues (which she has done). Aya on the other hand, doesn't seem to be as confident as her and so she ends up being the closeted lesbian who gives in to peer pressure. Naturally, those two will clash over their differences.

What happens at the end between them could go different ways. Probably the most realistic and harshest ending would be, Aya finds a man, gets married and have kids but ends up living a miserable life and regretting her choice. Risa being single and never truly happy without the love of her life. A hopeful ending would be those two reconcile and repair their once broken relationship.

eikichi00
Lily Marble discussion 15 Mar 14:12
Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

I had a peek at Ch30 raws. Can't tell if its the past or the present time. Regardless, I feel pretty bad for Risa, who does kind of reminds me of Seju from WDTFS. This girl deserves better than having this false hope the love of her life will come back to her someday. As for Aya, she's seriously deluding herself if she thinks she can pretend to act straight, get married and have kids for the sake of her family's happiness...

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

It's been a while since I last read this series. But yeah, I find it to be a pretty cute story how these two girls started going out with each other after finding out the guy they were with had been caught two-timing them. I agree with an earlier comment that it is refreshing to have two, presumably bi-sexual girls falling in love with one another and guess what, they actually did stick together in the end, downplaying the stereotype bi aren't faithful lovers and will leave their gf for a guy.

My favorite character is of course Guk-Hwa. She's such a badass, the way she shrug off her trashy ex-boyfriend and the pervert old man. Plus her tattoos add to her character :)

eikichi00
Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

You're not really missing out too much from Alggumba's answers. But anyways, here's what I gathered, courtesy to fellow members from the Discord group and a user from Weibo:

• The manuscript for their next project still needs some working time, which they would try to launch as soon as possible.

• There will be 2 extra chapters for the R19 version of WDTFS on Bomtoon. The most common speculation is one of them is for One (Seju x Won sidestory) and the other one is for Will (Sumin x Sungji sidestory), which would mostly be the explicit sex scenes that Gaji weren't allowed to do for previous R15 version on Kakao.

• When asked if her characters are based on any life person, she answered she received this kind of question all the time for the last 5 years. She apparently created them first and checked if there's any real life people sharing things in common with her characters.

• Seju took over as President of Hello Studio around 5 years ago in 2010, which she meant she was around 27 or 28 years of age by western year. She can apparently watch horror movies with a poker face, basically not so easily frightened.

• Both Seju and Sumin studied business administration. Sungji graduated from accounting tax.

• Do-Won was born on September 9th 1989, meaning she's 7 years younger than Seju. Her height is 180 cm (5 ft 11) rather than 178 cm that was written in her profile sheet.

• As for when did Won start liking Seju, Won didn't even realize it by herself, but she was always ready to love Seju, so it wasn't weird for her to fall in love with her at anytime.

• Nami's height is 178 cm (5 ft 10).

• If Seju, Sumin and Sungji were teachers, they would teach the following subjects at school:
    Sungji: Korean language Sumin: Science Seju: She won't teach anything but be the chairwoman instead

• When it comes to the author's thoughts on the character's personality:
    Sungji: obedient Seju: elegant Sumin: cute butt

last edited at Feb 26, 2020 5:36PM

eikichi00
Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

^ You can pretty much say this whole series is Alggumba's fantasy :D

Let's be real, nobody would just magically fall in love with you at first sight, the way Sungji did shortly after meeting Sumin. No matter how sweet and kind your partner may be, they won't just continue to ignore your personality flaws or whatever problems you created. And if you cheated on your partner very soon in the relationship, you can bet your ass they won't easily forgive you and jump straight to having makeup sex with you in only a matter of few weeks.

In the end, Sumin x Sungji feels like a fairy-tale romance story fit for teenage readers.

eikichi00
Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Only the author can give the truest answer why Saehyun kidnapped and assaulted Sumin (hell, someone should ask her that in that question site). One way of looking at it, would be Saehyun did it out of vengeance since he figured Sumin is the reason why his younger sister is left in a miserable state - something that pissed him off (it's clear in the side-story he has some brotherly affection for Seju). Another way would be that he did it to save both Seju and Sumin in a twisted kind of way, perhaps figuring Seju can't go on living without Sumin at the time and would wither herself to death, and Sumin in turn would feel mighty guilty for Seju's death and head down a self-destructive path.

Regardless, don't see how that justifies Sumin to keep coming back and torment Seju for ten long years. Like FFS, Seju wasn't even the one who kidnapped and assaulted her. It was her older brother, so why not take your anger and revenge out on him instead? Since she already decided to break up with Seju because of the cheating beforehand, she should have done just that a long time ago and moved on without having anything more to do with her ex's life....

last edited at Feb 24, 2020 5:57PM

eikichi00
Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Well, despite my gripes with the storytelling in this series, there is one aspect that I found which really nails home: the painful realistic reminder about relationship coming from Seju and Sumn's past experience. I mean, you and your partner may spend many years of blissful moments together, making promises about loving each other forever and all that. However, somewhere along the line, it may only take a single instance or two for your whole relationship to fall apart, and you ended up becoming strangers to each other. It's a harsh truth that love doesn't always conquers all.

last edited at Feb 23, 2020 6:10PM

eikichi00
Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

I don't know about relatable but Baek Seju is sure as hell a sympathetic character that one can't help but take pity upon. She may have been born into a rich family but her siblings are despicable excuse of human beings, hating her for simply being a mistress daughter. Her mother died when she was still very young, so she never had the chance to receive any motherly affection. While her father may cared for her to some extent, he always turned a blind eye whenever she's abused. It's already a miracle enough this girl managed to live through this hatred and loneliness without slitting her wrist or hanging herself.

It wasn't until the day she met Sumin, she found some happiness in her life. Yes, she made a dumb mistake cheating on her ex at the worst time of her life. And nonetheless, she spent 10 years trying to redeem herself over a naive and ultimately vain hope Sumin would get tired of revenge and come back to her for real someday.

That's the reason why I also like her. Not liking her because she is rich is superficial imo. Being rich has not even done her any favors.

Nope, it didnt do her any favors. No amount of money can buy you love and happiness.

I bet if she was given the choice to live with a poorer but a very loving and caring family, she would choose this life in a heartbeat.

last edited at Feb 11, 2020 10:37AM

eikichi00
Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

I don't know about relatable but Baek Seju is sure as hell a sympathetic character that one can't help but take pity upon. She may have been born into a rich family but her siblings are despicable excuse of human beings, hating her for simply being a mistress daughter. Her mother died when she was still very young, so she never had the chance to receive any motherly affection. While her father may cared for her to some extent, he always turned a blind eye whenever she's abused. It's already a miracle enough this girl managed to live through this hatred and loneliness without slitting her wrist or hanging herself.

It wasn't until the day she met Sumin, she found some happiness in her life. Yes, she made a dumb mistake cheating on her ex at the worst time of her life. And nonetheless, she spent 10 years trying to redeem herself over a naive and ultimately vain hope Sumin would get tired of revenge and come back to her for real someday.

eikichi00
Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Was thinking of tweeting this to the author herself, but most likely she will ignore it. She seems pretty defensive about any criticism towards her favorite character. Me suspect Sumin is the author's incarnate and her fantasy of having the perfect girlfriend who overlooked her personality flaws and will love her no matter what.

Lmaooo imagine though. I can't really wrap my head around how they don't/can't see that Sumin is a boring and even annoying character.

Anyway, since I don't read this anymore, can someone say under spoilers what happened after Seju's story with Dawoon ended?
From what I get it was a continuation of Sumin and Sungji again, and just Sumin's friend dies
So basically an excuse to prolong the story even more?

Agh, that's actually sad. I remember when wdtfs was very popular and good, even as a GL genre on Lezhin, competing against het romance and the other popular genres.
Now there's basically no GL, but the BLs increase more and more.

You're not really missing out much tbh from the last side-story.

Basically, during a reunion party with her highschool classmates, Sumin found out her best friend Sunhwa had passed away. Thinking she might suddenly have an accident or illness one day, she decided to have her will written up, so Sungji won't be left with nothing. So, she met up with her ex Sangmi, who happens to be a lawyer. Drama ensured, as Sungji got pretty anxious about Sumin spending a lot of time away from home without telling her what she's up to. Then finally, the misunderstanding was cleared up. Sumin and Sungji watched the first snow together, looking all happy and smiles. The last panels has Seju watching it as well on her own, talking happily on the phone with Won. The End

If anything, I feel like erasing the memories of having read this terrible excuse of a last story.

eikichi00
Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

This story had such a garbage ending. Was the black-haired girl Sumin supposed to be the main character? :-/ She has like zero charisma and didn't even develop much during the series. Seju was much better, the author seemed very confused about storytelling direction here.

I've been asking myself this question many times throughout the story, lol. Was thinking of tweeting this to the author herself, but most likely she will ignore it. She seems pretty defensive about any criticism towards her favorite character. Me suspect Sumin is the author's incarnate and her fantasy of having the perfect girlfriend who overlooked her personality flaws and will love her no matter what.

last edited at Feb 7, 2020 8:25PM

eikichi00
Lily Marble discussion 13 Jan 06:46
Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Want more Aya and Risa tbh, hopefully they appear in next chapter :)

last edited at Jan 13, 2020 6:47AM

eikichi00
Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

You gotta love the extreme favoritism they have for the main couple :D

It wasnt long ago the artist created a poll, asking the fans which bonus illustration to draw from out of the three main characters (Not sure why Won wasnt even included, considering her importance towards Seju). Seju clearly won the poll by a large margin but then the artist is like "Oh, I've decided to do the illustrations for all three of them instead and will release them by their order." as if they didnt expect the third wheeler aka their stepdaughter to win over the favorite duo, lmao. Talk about pettiness...

Alggumba in particular could certainly use a lesson in humility.

eikichi00
Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Beautiful artwork but mediocre story. I think that about sums up the whole series.

eikichi00
Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

How did everything go so wrong with this series? It's the question I've been pondering ever since One ended and this last side story Will started...

I'm not expecting a masterful storytelling on par with Song of Ice and Fire or some other best selling fictions. All I'm asking for is a story that i can make some sense out of it, which clearly doesnt seem to be the case here.

eikichi00
Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

So disappointed it's more or less a rehash of the main story itself: Sumin and her personal struggle all over again. I thought we were past those angst dramas involving her but it seems like the author couldn't write a story without that. And we can't have a Sungji centric story because either she isn't an interesting enough character who can front chapters of her own or the author prefers to keep her image as the sweet innocent girl with no ambitions and is simply happy to remain by her lover's side (basically, the ideal girlfriend / wife type or the harsher term, a doormat).

last edited at Oct 23, 2019 8:50AM