Forum › The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady discussion

joined May 29, 2021

Maybe we should upload the rest of this! Permission pending. I'll ask around. I originally stopped because of a sharp drop in quality after it switched hands from Amarrez, but... it seems fine now?

Personally I support this. I think the manga is very interesting and sweet and I think the other users here would like it as well.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Chapter 24 is up on other sites. As much as Illya may mock Anise, she seems to be a net positive in Euphie's and now Lanie's lives. The way she uses logic and scientific reasoning to lay bare their traumas may be unpleasant, but it always shifts them into a perspective that stops said traumas form festering further and empowers the person to start processing it in a healthy way. Euphie's recovery arc was my favorite thing about this manga so far, and I am looking forward to how Anise handles Lanie's. Also, I am pretty certain that despite in-story concerns, Euphie and Lanie will get along just fine because a) Euphie is not a vengeful person, b) Anise's discovery shifts the origin of their conflict out of the realm of personal and into the scientific. I even think that helping Anise and Lanie overcome the latter's magicite problem will be incredibly cathartic for the Genius Young Lady.

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Maybe we should upload the rest of this! Permission pending. I'll ask around. I originally stopped because of a sharp drop in quality after it switched hands from Amarrez, but... it seems fine now?

Personally I support this. I think the manga is very interesting and sweet and I think the other users here would like it as well.

Thirded. I read this last night, and it looks great so far!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Also, I am pretty certain that despite in-story concerns, Euphie and Lanie will get along just fine because a) Euphie is not a vengeful person, b) Anise's discovery shifts the origin of their conflict out of the realm of personal and into the scientific.

Totally called it. :3 Also, I think that Euphie's broken engagement has lost most of its emotional salience to her, now that she has re-integrated herself with Anise and her associates as her new primary support network. Anise does not seem to realize it yet, but she is essentially the bedrock upon which Euphie has rebuilt her mental resilience and well-being, which is why Euphie will go along with any insane shenanigans Anise comes up with from now on.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Well, now I want to see Tilty and Lanie get together

joined Jan 6, 2017

As a novel reader Lainie x Illya is where it's at

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

As a manga-only Ah, so that explains some of the fanarts I've seen on Pixiv

joined Dec 13, 2019

I'd also say it's being hinted at pretty heavily in the manga as well, just only visually so far. With Ilia looking worried about/being protective of Lainie and Lainie hiding behind/sticking close to Ilia.

joined Oct 22, 2018

I'd also say it's being hinted at pretty heavily in the manga as well, just only visually so far. With Ilia looking worried about/being protective of Lainie and Lainie hiding behind/sticking close to Ilia.

...Is there a new chapter I'm unfamiliar with out on mangadex, or are you reading the raws?

joined Jan 6, 2017

...Is there a new chapter I'm unfamiliar with out on mangadex, or are you reading the raws?

Mangadex is currently up to 25
And yea, Chapters 23, 24, and 25 all have a Lainie clinging to Ilya moment

joined Oct 22, 2018

Mangadex is currently up to 25
And yea, Chapters 23, 24, and 25 all have a Lainie clinging to Ilya moment

Welp, I better re-check the mangadex page again.

joined Oct 22, 2018

OK, yeah, so I didn't get to chapters 24 and 25 until tonight. Thank you for the heads up.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That works surprisingly well for me. :3

Kimika3
joined Jan 1, 2019

I'm really tempted to pick up the LN for this... hmm.

joined Dec 13, 2019

New trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFkQUOuqmcQ

Confirmed to air next season (Winter)

joined Jan 3, 2020

Volume 3 of the LN is out in English now, and it is massively changed from the WN version. I think the changes are extremely good, too. From what I've heard of the later parts of the WN, I don't think I would have liked it.

If you like the manga series, check out the LN - it is quite good. Had me tears at several points.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Premieres Jan 4!

joined May 29, 2021

For those who want, the first episode was shown online in preview format and you can watch it for yourself from...typical gray market sources to watch anime. I was surprised with how much anime original content there was in the first episode. In fact, they don't get to the plot of the first chapter until the very end of the episode.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

... and more importantly, ch27 is up and we got a nice, if short little moment between the pair of main characters... and a whole lot of stuff other than that, as always :P Which I think makes it interesting - this manga does seem to me mostly about the magical revolution itself and the princess, and the relationship with Euphie, while important, doesn't take center stage. Even if repeat myself incessantly about how it would probaby better if they cut the dialogues in half, I still like it.

last edited at Dec 29, 2022 6:29PM

joined Aug 17, 2011

Volume 3 of the LN is out in English now, and it is massively changed from the WN version. I think the changes are extremely good, too. From what I've heard of the later parts of the WN, I don't think I would have liked it.

If you like the manga series, check out the LN - it is quite good. Had me tears at several points.

In the afterword of the 3rd novel, the author states it's "changed considerably". I was wondering how so?
I thought someone was translating the webnovel version here?

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Called it, the moment I saw Lainie seek Illya for approval at all given moments. Am very down for this.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

... and more importantly, ch27 is up and we got a nice, if short little moment between the pair of main characters... and a whole lot of stuff other than that, as always :P Which I think makes it interesting - this manga does seem to me mostly about the magical revolution itself and the princess, and the relationship with Euphie, while important, doesn't take center stage. Even if repeat myself incessantly about how it would probaby better if they cut the dialogues in half, I still like it.

I am okay with Anise and Euphie's personal relationship being a subplot rather than the main plot, because I am convinced that being the Queen Consort is still Euphie's destiny... just with Anise as her Queen Regnant. :3

joined Jan 6, 2017

I am okay with Anise and Euphie's personal relationship being a subplot rather than the main plot, because I am convinced that being the Queen Consort is still Euphie's destiny... just with Anise as her Queen Regnant. :3

Their relationship is the main plot in volumes 1 and 3 of the novels. Volume 2, which is where we're at right now with the manga, has it on the backseat. It'll probably keep alternating so volume 4 will again have it be on the side.
Also, be prepared to be disappointed by volume 3 when the manga or anime get to it. It was bad.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Their relationship is the main plot in volumes 1 and 3 of the novels. Volume 2, which is where we're at right now with the manga, has it on the backseat. It'll probably keep alternating so volume 4 will again have it be on the side.
Also, be prepared to be disappointed by volume 3 when the manga or anime get to it. It was bad.

Is this for the web novel or the light novel? I'm about to purchase the translated ones on Amazon to give a read through... is it that bad bad?????

joined Jan 6, 2017

Is this for the web novel or the light novel? I'm about to purchase the translated ones on Amazon to give a read through... is it that bad bad?????

Light novel. It's a "I really didn't like it and this development feels like it came out of nowhere" bad but not complete shit. I could see some people liking it, I just didn't. And Volume 4 might still make it work and Volume 3 does have some good in it like some nice relationship development but the main plot just does not work for me and feels very unsatisfying, made worse thanks to volume 2's ending being fantastic which got me so hyped for 3

To reply you must either login or sign up.