Forum › Brides of Iberis discussion

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

This managed to be kinda sweet at the end there after all. Taken as a whole I think i can appreciate this story for what it is and how things went down. Definitely expected much worse, given that it's a Akiyama Haru manga xD

more spoilery opinion
We didn't get the happy polyamory ending for everyone involved that i was hoping for but it definitely still is a happy ending imo. It's about getting pulled in by explosive, passionate love, being impulsive for it but in the end recognizing (and making peace with) the fact that it wasn't sustainable.
I don't think this is smth either of them regretted at all in the end, they seem content both with each other and the life they're living from them onwards. The connection they had was meaningful, no matter how short it ended up being. I can jive with that.
All in all a decent polyamory story, for me personally as someone who's polyam herself.

Many thanks to Kirin for the work of scanlating it all~

last edited at Dec 26, 2022 7:40PM

joined Sep 12, 2021

I know this ending was technically rushed but I liked it.

joined Mar 28, 2021

I like the ending. Mitsuki found her freedom and a new love. That’s what I hoped for her. Thanks to the scanlators for this story.

joined Apr 28, 2022

Ngl i was afraid we really were gonna end up with a bitter sad ending as they could go with a bisexual cheating premise manga but I'm really glad our MC was able to get her own gay happy ending as she deserved

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

The ending was nice. I do think this is how Akiyama probably intended for this story to end, but it's too bad we didn't get to see all the character growth to lead to this point. I hope Akiyama doesn't take too long to release her next work.

Thanks for scanlating this!

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

Thank God this ended

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

A fitting and meaningful ending imo. I enjoyed this.

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

Oh sad but nice ending. Thank you, author and scanlator. In my head, they'll both divorce and get together in the future, loved their chemistry.

Man, fuck this ending. :'(

joined Jan 14, 2020

^
I think you guys read it while I was in the middle of blackening out. There must be millions of readers, barely 5 minutes and you guys responded already. This is the second time that this happened I think I need to go to a dead thread on a random manga and test out the post concerning "==", before copy and paste on a forum.
Oh, someone here also posted that this will be cut short. I have no idea until I am on chapter 10. Maybe I should complain...since I never got the notice of cancel while reading it.

"==" seems to be a bit tricky to use. Took me three times to fix it on this post. Anyway, won't happen apologies

This is what the "Preview Post" button next to "Create Post" is for. So you can preview your post.

And yes it shows spoilers as blacked out.

76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

can people try to judge the story the author is trying to tell and not the one they made up in their heads

anyways this was great, even if rushed

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Honestly, that was kinda a great ending to what could have easily become something super messy. Coming together, and realizing that while they both cared about each other, what they both needed and wanted was something different. The MC realizing that she couldn't be in a polyam relationship, but that didn't mean the love interest was wrong for being in one is probably about as smoothly as that could be wrapped up without changing who the characters were.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Glad it ended with a happy ending lol

Someroughclipping
joined Aug 28, 2019

Woah, she actually stuck to her guns and found her happy ending. In comparison to other rushed endings, I think they actually wrapped this up pretty neatly.

joined Jan 10, 2022

Honestly, that was kinda a great ending to what could have easily become something super messy. Coming together, and realizing that while they both cared about each other, what they both needed and wanted was something different. The MC realizing that she couldn't be in a polyam relationship, but that didn't mean the love interest was wrong for being in one is probably about as smoothly as that could be wrapped up without changing who the characters were.

Agreed, nice to see how maturely they accepted each other's differences and amicably moved on.

last edited at Dec 26, 2022 9:45PM

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Going back to the beginning, it was fun to see Mitsuki invested in and engaged in her own life, which she clearly was not with Jun. And she found someone her own speed, too! Suspiciously happy ending.

"incontinence"?

Only true word-o-mancers may use the word as such.

271731483_478678657204397_1801763266118199384_n
joined Mar 26, 2021

they look happy but im in fucking pain ╥﹏╥

joined Sep 6, 2018

A nice, one-volume manga. I’ll buy it when it’s published stateside.

Hikamaru%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

It was OK :|

9595188_2_45
joined Aug 16, 2021

I'm glad everyone ended up happy. Was worried after that last chapter.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Has a feeling that the kouhai and the boss could contributed more to the story,...but the axe swinging force was too strong here...
At least the protagonist was able to come out, and that's good enough.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

who's that chick at the end though??????

joined Jan 14, 2020

who's that chick at the end though??????

Someone the MC met during the time skip. She exists to show the MC got happy ending despite bailing out of the poly.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I mourn what could have been. Sad that it's ended so soon without its full potential being realized. However, the ending was still good all things considered and I would like to think that it's still what the author intended for all along.

last edited at Dec 29, 2022 9:23PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Kinda sad they didn't end up together but the other girl is cute too. I'd love to see more of Kashiwai and her.

To reply you must either login or sign up.