Forum › Why is My Crush so Hard on Me? discussion

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

"their feelings pass each other straight by!"

Oh, I dunno if I'd say STRAIGHT by, narrator

To be fair "their feelings pass each other lesbian by!" Doesn't work as well.

No no you're missing some commas, it's "Their feelings pass each other, lesbian, bi!"

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

Cliche, yes, but I kinda like a lot this author, so I'll read it until the end-
At least there's no aaaaaaangst and drama, just fluffy dorky couples-

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Cliche, yes, but I kinda like a lot this author, so I'll read it until the end-
At least there's no aaaaaaangst and drama, just fluffy dorky couples-

the only angst here is the comment section

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

when the feelings are pure but the intentions are all over the place

joined Feb 1, 2021

While I'm glad to see a non-incestuous Hachiko series, these two characters haven't grabbed me yet. Maybe in the next few chapters.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

While I'm glad to see a non-incestuous Hachiko series, these two characters haven't grabbed me yet. Maybe in the next few chapters.

They're probably secretly related. Which is why their parents separated them in the first place.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

I encourage the fair weather yurists to pass on this one; I will bear the burden of reading this for you. Toodles.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I encourage the fair weather yurists to pass on this one; I will bear the burden of reading this for you. Toodles.

Yeah same, we can feel you don't like it before you type it. It's fine. Sorry you don't like it.

So anyway, cute kissing girls <3

joined May 3, 2014

at least is not another yuri story with “prostitution” , I will take the cliches over that any time.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

"their feelings pass each other straight by!"

Oh, I dunno if I'd say STRAIGHT by, narrator

To be fair "their feelings pass each other lesbian by!" Doesn't work as well.

What do you mean? They're totally in lesbians with each other. Or at least, one of them is.

joined Apr 14, 2022

Not criticising the comic, I love me some Hachiko, but I am curious: has anyone actually forgotten a childhood friend? Is this something that happens, ever? I mean, I've forgotten random classmates, but I'm pretty sure I remember all of my close friends from when I was 5, and I didn't even promise to marry them. This trope is strangely common for how unbelievable it is to me, but maybe other people have different experiences?

joined Apr 16, 2022

Not criticising the comic, I love me some Hachiko, but I am curious: has anyone actually forgotten a childhood friend? Is this something that happens, ever? I mean, I've forgotten random classmates, but I'm pretty sure I remember all of my close friends from when I was 5, and I didn't even promise to marry them. This trope is strangely common for how unbelievable it is to me, but maybe other people have different experiences?

I have practically no memories from before I was 10, so yeah I think it's different for different people.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I'm a big fan of Hachiko's works, so I was ecstatic to see a new upload, and it did not disappoint. I expect to absolutely love this one.

Reading some of the comments brought up a memory - there was this one time where I was pretty much in the exact same position as Akari; a girl with whom I was very close during childhood moved away, and a good few years later I randomly encountered her when visiting another friend, and said girl had no clue who I was. Shit still kinda stings, not gonna lie. I definitely can understand why Akari's so upset.

Also I know how this sort of "upset" works in Hachiko's works, so I expect it to be very cute.

I assume you mean chapters? Heck, coming from Hachiko...

Same opinion here. The premise may have struck a dissonant chord for some, but I don't doubt that it'll be top-shelf fluff in a matter of chapters.

...but I am curious: has anyone actually forgotten a childhood friend?...

Like Cogito mentioned, and my example above, it works differently for different people.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

They're probably secretly related. Which is why their parents separated them in the first place.

Lmao I read their comment and went "in before they're actually sisters", I'm glad I wasn't the only one with this type of thought process.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I have practically no memories from before I was 10, so yeah I think it's different for different people.

I mean I have no concrete memories before like high school but I still remember every important person from like grade school forward in at least a "this person matters even if I have no recollection of any interaction I've ever had with them" way.

joined Apr 14, 2022

Interesting to hear other people's perspectives, I guess not remembering your childhood is more common than I thought.

Same opinion here. The premise may have struck a dissonant chord for some, but I don't doubt that it'll be top-shelf fluff in a matter of chapters.

Right, I can understand not liking this trope but I think some of the commenters here have clearly never read Hachiko. I'm convinced she can't go a day in her life without drawing girls making out, so regardless of the premise I trust Hachiko will deliver the fluffy goods, and probably sooner than later.

joined Aug 13, 2021

I hope they're sisters.

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

I personally never been in such a situation, I think I remember most of the the children I was close with since elementary school, but I never happened to meet one I haven't seen in 10 years or so, so I might be wrong.
On the other hand, I know a guy who remembers very well the events and people he knew as a child, but is absolutely terrible at recognizing faces, so even when in his last year of high school he was accosted by a girl who was with us in middle school, he was like "I'm sure I know you from somewhere, but where was it..." until I reminded him "She was class rep in 8th grade." and he remembered "Ah, Laura. You were best friends with..." etc...
Thankfully she didn't take it badly.

Though I think the essence of this trope is that, as demonstrated by different commenters, people starts having clear recollection at different points of their life, but don't realize this is the case unless they compare. So childhood friend A will assume that everyone her age remember things from kindergarten since she does when actually childhood friend B has only vague memories before elementary school.

joined Apr 14, 2022

Though I think the essence of this trope is that, as demonstrated by different commenters, people starts having clear recollection at different points of their life, but don't realize this is the case unless they compare.

Ironically, I think the existence of this trope actually reinforced my belief that everyone remembers their early childhood, since the forgetful person is typically portrayed as having wronged the forgotten person, implying that it's abnormal. Before having ever directly asked real people (you are all real people, right?) about their experience, it seemed like stories conveyed that other people do remember friends from age 4~5... except when forgetting them would be a convenient plot point.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I personally never been in such a situation, I think I remember most of the the children I was close with since elementary school, but I never happened to meet one I haven't seen in 10 years or so, so I might be wrong.
On the other hand, I know a guy who remembers very well the events and people he knew as a child, but is absolutely terrible at recognizing faces, so even when in his last year of high school he was accosted by a girl who was with us in middle school, he was like "I'm sure I know you from somewhere, but where was it..." until I reminded him "She was class rep in 8th grade." and he remembered "Ah, Laura. You were best friends with..." etc...
Thankfully she didn't take it badly.

Though I think the essence of this trope is that, as demonstrated by different commenters, people starts having clear recollection at different points of their life, but don't realize this is the case unless they compare. So childhood friend A will assume that everyone her age remember things from kindergarten since she does when actually childhood friend B has only vague memories before elementary school.

It's nothing that scientific, it is more about being stubborn and miffed/upset about something

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

I kinda hope this series will have an actual ending, instead of what happened with Yuri Moyou where it kinda just ended abruptly...

last edited at Dec 22, 2022 1:40PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I dislike the "childhood friends, but one forgot and the other is mad about it to an irrational point" trope. I disliked it in Canno's manga, I dislike it here too. It feels petty and forced.

It took me way to long to remember which specific ship you're talking about, and I feel kinda ashamed for forgetting them, since they were like my 4th or 5th fav ship from AnoKiss. I probably should re-read the manga when I have the time.

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

It's nothing that scientific, it is more about being stubborn and miffed/upset about something

I'm not saying otherwise. Just that I think that's the reason they are upset about it.
And then act stubborn about it.

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

fools

joined Aug 1, 2022

There should be a frustration tag. Not to rag on the author but im invested in the story unless it's revealed theyre related.

To reply you must either login or sign up.