Forum › Maitsuki, Niwatsuki, Ooyatsuki discussion

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

I don't think this is just the price for the pizza itself. The flyer called it a "gourmet set", so it's likely more akin to a dinner combo deal you'd get at a chain restaurant with additional dishes on the side. It's also for an L-sized menu item.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Just go by 1000¥ = $10USD

The yen is very weak right now, so $60 after taxes for two larges and two orders of poppers is pretty standard around these parts even if delivery isn't included. Although... around these parts a large is much bigger. And theirs looks a bit like frozen pizza, but we'll never know if this is pizza heresy unless we go have some ourselves!

last edited at Dec 17, 2022 1:31AM

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Leftover pizza the day after is one of the sadest tastes known to mankind.

joined Apr 11, 2022

Cute chapter and then that last panel left me laughing lol.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Just go by 1000¥ = $10USD

The yen is very weak right now, so $60 after taxes for two larges and two orders of poppers is pretty standard around these parts even if delivery isn't included. Although... around these parts a large is much bigger. And theirs looks a bit like frozen pizza, but we'll never know if this is pizza heresy unless we go have some ourselves!

140 yen to the dollar, when the historical average of recent decades is maybe 80-120 yen to the dollar. But that's mostly relevant if you're importing/exporting to Japan. For a pizza store paying Japanese rent, Japanese labor, and mostly Japanese ingredients, it's more sensible to use a fairly standard conversion rate -- even better to compare Japanese prices to Japanese incomes. Just because the yen falls from 100 per dollar to 140 per dollar doesn't mean everything in Japan got 40% more expensive.

joined Oct 2, 2021

Pop it in the microwaves at medium for a coupleaminutes. And like magic , it's new again
(and with a possible addition of salmonella)

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Also: $40 for a large pizza? And this is the cheap place?

Remember with yen you have to take off two zeroes, so it’s actually less than five bucks American which is really cheap for a whole pizza. Especially one as big as they said that was.

Right, so do that off of 3980 and what do you get?

29$ as for today. Convert Yen to Dollar now is more than just removing 2 0. Money change value.

last edited at Dec 17, 2022 6:59AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

No better present than giving her the birthday she's always wished for. ^_^

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

If this series has ever had a chapter that justified the Wholesome tag, this one was it. :3

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

the mark of a truly good pizza is how good it stays as leftovers, particularly refrigetrated. most delivery places cannot hold up, but your local top tier joints always come through, refrigerated or reheated.

4a988c9f-5d1b-45ec-9cf6-77d69949c95c
joined Jul 30, 2022

this got me all so fluffy and all butterflies so adorable so cute

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

No drama, just Asako spoiling Miyako on her birthday :3

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

Miyako continues to make great faces... Both confessions scenes are great, but this one has some very dangerous hand holding

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

It is fun to find out that Asako's family is just in the know about her sexuality and looks to be completely supportive, she really does seem to be pretty much fully out to people too considering that Hato the mangaka she's an editor for also just knows she's gay.

Also hell yeah on the confession and immediate "hey do you wanna go meet my parents" from Asako.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Asako should have looked at her tea sooner

last edited at Feb 5, 2023 5:13PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

sooooo comfy. i love how natural the whole realization to confession was. it reflected how Miyako naturally fit in her life already. i hope the story continues well into their relationship!

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

FIIIIINAAAAAAAAAAAAAALEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS COFESSION!!!

Ugh...oof...ow, I hurt my throat.

This has been one of my favorite yuri series so far! Subtle without too much blandness, sweet without aching teeth, strong without curling my mouth....it's the ultimate meal!

last edited at Feb 5, 2023 6:24PM

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

as someone who's been in her 30s for...several...years, i wish i couldn't eat as many sweets anymore! it would make staying in shape so much easier

anyway, a+ sister in law, sweet confession, great chapter!

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

God bless sis in law
Mvp

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Is it just me or Miss Landlord looks super talk in this chapter?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

FiddlePop posted:

Is it just me or Miss Landlord looks super talk in this chapter?

If you mean "tall", always has been.

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

YES, YES, YES!!! I'm so happy for them <3

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Firstly, I acknowledge and even appreciate the misdirection in the first couple of pages, but also you do not fucking do this to a person.

Secondly, my heart is warm and my day has been made. This is the good shit right there. I adore how naturally and organically Asako realized her answer's been under her nose the entire time. I also love the specificity of declaring that she's family but not like her brother. Shout out to MVP sister-in-law, too. The bit with her recognizing Miyako is also appreciated.

The confession scene was incredibly fucking sweet, and absolutely gorgeous too. Huge fan.

I will say though, that it's incredibly relieving and refreshing to not have convoluted drama and third wheels and "you don't know what you've got until you've lost it" kinda shit and inject the fluffy goodness right into my veins por favor, but part of me is, like, almost disappointed at how smooth the sailing has been. In a "that's it? just like that?" kind of way. I'm too used to stories having a give-and-take relationship with their readers, stories that just give almost feel like a trap.

But hell, yes, just like that, and I'm a big fan. I also love that it doesn't seem like the story's going to end, which is also cool. Everyone thus far has been very supportive, I'm expecting their parents to be so as well. I'm somehow imagining her mother being an insane fangirl like Hato is. Also now Ruri and Hato please and thank you.

last edited at Feb 6, 2023 5:43AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Beautiful. ^_^

Tumblr_n8hxly8osm1rw6hhbo1_500
joined Jun 26, 2017

that page with their hands... how can that be allowed!! o////o

last edited at Feb 6, 2023 9:25AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.