Forum › Maitsuki, Niwatsuki, Ooyatsuki discussion

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

Miyako is way too dangerous when she turns her swoon powers completely on, Asako is lucky it has a long cooldown

last edited at Nov 11, 2022 12:37PM

So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

yuri landlords are the only good landlords

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

To me it looks like Asako has had a habit of picking emotionally unavailable people, and she's also been afraid to communicate her own needs. A people-pleaser, who has always invested more energy in her relationships than her partners, which of course led to burnout.

It looks like progress that this time she allowed herself to be selfish, and asked Miyako to stay despite not giving her an answer. But I also think the very reason she hasn't fallen for Miyako yet (even if she's attracted to her looks) is that Miyako pays a lot more attention to her needs than she's used to from a partner. As if it's hard for her to break out of the pattern, and embrace the relative unknown.

I was about to write the same thing, but you beat me to it, thank you. ^^ It can be that Asako has had a string of bad luck, but across six relationships, she seems to be the only common factor, so some pattern or other in her brain appears to push her towards partners who do not respond to her emotional needs. I would even go as far as to say that she semi-rejected Miyako's confession because she is currently doing internal work on deconstructing that pattern (which is hard without a good therapist, but possible with a lot of self-reflection), so she is actually focused on meeting her needs on her own at the moment, so she will not grow unhealthily dependent on another partner again and get hurt again in the process. In the long term, if she does end up in a relationship with Miyako, it will be for the best for both of them.

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

I really like the way they did it here. It always feels a bit weird to me that people expect characters to just instantly become aware of some hidden feelings as soon as somebody confesses to them. At least give them time to figure things out. Just because the reader thinks it's obvious that they are in love doesn't mean it's as obvious to them. Not to mention that there are different forms of affection that you can have for a person and sorting out what is what isn't always easy. So I really appreciate that both this manga and Futaribeya have characters acknowledging this and openly communicating where they stand. It just seems more natural to me

Agree. It would be nice if there were no romantic relationship, to focus in a growth towards choosing yourself first and not devote your life completly to someone else. Also agree with ex-idol girl being pretty much an useless adult is not very appealing, so main character just considers her to be a child.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

Muhammad Avdol?!

YES I AM

yay, a kindred memelord^^

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I liked that the MC immediately changed tactics instead of hesitating after realizing that a slow burn would probably not work. I think it'll ultimately be a slow burn but it's nice that she made it immediately clear. I feel like this is pretty refreshing.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Muhammad Avdol?!

YES I AM

yay, a kindred memelord^^

I´d never abandon a fellow jobro posting a MF jojo reference

De00e7f3-5d55-4e3c-951c-ebac52dc90c4_1_102_o
joined Jul 14, 2021

Okay but like, does “I’m sorry but I can’t respond to your feelings yet” actually happen in real life to real people? Cause it’s such a yuri trope come on.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Okay but like, does “I’m sorry but I can’t respond to your feelings yet” actually happen in real life to real people? Cause it’s such a yuri trope come on.

I've experienced 'I need to think about it'

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

I have been on both sides of that conversation (with different people), so I can tell it's a thing in real life. Did not work out very well in the long run though, but there were also specific circumstances to partially blame as well.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I have never experienced it myself, but I can imagine such a reaction coming from a person who has just enough emotional self-awareness to realize they have mixed feelings about the one who confessed to them, but not enough to instantly sort them out. In this manga's case (sorry, I know you asked about real life, but I do not have an example from it), Asako really, really likes Miyako, so she does not reject her outright. At the same time, her attitude towards Miyako does not fit the pattern she has previously identified as "I am in love and want to be romantically and sexually involved with this person". She recognizes that there is a mismatch in her head, but needs more time to process and to resolve it, hence her "I cannot respond yet".

last edited at Nov 15, 2022 3:43AM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

A confession of love? AND a "To be continued"?

Bless this series.

Edit:Also, i was honestly afraid that blowing up like that would add to the list of trauma related to birthdays. I'm glad it didn't come out that way.

last edited at Nov 21, 2022 1:29PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

You could also get "I can't respond yet" if someone is interested in two (or more) people at once. Like, you confess to them, and they could date you, but they know/think/hope something is developing with someone else too, and want time to decide.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

This chapter was so wholesome omg

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This chapter was so wholesome omg

Yuri landlords in love are adorable.

20180630_180023-412x427
joined Feb 25, 2014

The eternal healing power of pizza and alcohol = bliss

Also, can we just take a moment to appreciate the redraw and typesetting Rehashed Scans did on the flyer?

last edited at Dec 16, 2022 6:38PM

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Holy fuck she's cute
God damn

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Ok that was fucking adorable

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

oh wow, just realised I missed the previous chapter. One thing I can't complain about in this manga is pacing - it's godlike!
And this new chapter is so adorable - loving it. Such a sweet read on a Friday evening.

joined Jan 14, 2020

The eternal healing power of pizza and alcohol = bliss

And ginger ale.

Also, can we just take a moment to appreciate the redraw and typesetting Rehashed Scans did on the flyer?

Good point! I hadn't thought about it.

Also: $40 for a large pizza? And this is the cheap place?

last edited at Dec 16, 2022 9:08PM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Holy crap, this chapter was so fucking cute. Hit me with this good shit.

joined Feb 17, 2018

I've definitely told people before that I don't know them well enough to know if I like them. Usually they hang around for a while and then drop some huge red flag like finding out they just got dumped by their ex for cheating on them. Being slow to develop romantic feelings saved me from so many shitty relationships lmao

joined May 29, 2021

Remember with yen you have to take off two zeroes, so it’s actually less than five bucks American which is really cheap for a whole pizza. Especially one as big as they said that was.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Remember with yen you have to take off two zeroes, so it’s actually less than five bucks American which is really cheap for a whole pizza. Especially one as big as they said that was.

Right, so do that off of 3980 and what do you get?

20180630_180023-412x427
joined Feb 25, 2014

Just go by 1000¥ = $10USD, so while the price of 3980¥ /~$40 seems steep, grocery prices in Japan are somewhat higher compared to other countries, especially fresh meat.

Then again, this might be a non-chain/franchise pizzeria, it is a set price so extras like drinks/nibbles/delivery would be included, or maybe it's the price for two?

At least Miyako is well aware of Asako's spending power as the flyer has a 500¥/$5 coupon on it (savings mode engaged)

last edited at Dec 17, 2022 12:30AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.