Forum › Maitsuki, Niwatsuki, Ooyatsuki discussion

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Landlady s a cute beauty even when she's silent and hopping mad.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

well well well, with this type of story it's kind of a done deal that Asako is eventually going to respond to those feelings but wow, she really has just been through the wringer hasn't she with a string of relationships full of people who were just so unrepentantly rude to her no matter what she did. No shit she's living in the shadow of those experiences.

And good on Miyako for realizing that and deciding to go full steam ahead, if only to drag Asako out of her own shadow and give her the chance to move on.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Now we need an idiot couple tag!

joined Jun 3, 2020

people dont really give a shit about if you make them a surprise party or not...

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

well well well, with this type of story it's kind of a done deal that Asako is eventually going to respond to those feelings but wow, she really has just been through the wringer hasn't she with a string of relationships full of people who were just so unrepentantly rude to her no matter what she did. No shit she's living in the shadow of those experiences.

Yeah, geez! I guess they weren't kidding that she's a sucker for pretty faces, because she apparently wasn't picking her girlfriends for their sterling personalities and generous hearts.

And we have a word for people who get mad when you ask them how they'd like important events in a relationship to be marked: assholes. Same energy as the people who get offended if you have the temerity to make sure they want it before going in for a kiss.

Beeimbw9_400x400
joined Dec 23, 2021

I can't tell how worried I should be about the last page (chapter 15). I think Asako is joking about leaving, but I'm not 100% sure.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

people dont really give a shit about if you make them a surprise party or not...

How does one qualify or quantify that statement? I got one at work and was deeply appreciative. Perhaps I'm not people...hmmm....

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

lol Asako was actually trying to be a good communicator but ended up learning the wrong lesson because of bad relationships.

I was not prepared for that declaration. I can't believe I actually thought Miyako would go at this slowly. XD

I can't tell how worried I should be about the last page (chapter 15). I think Asako is joking about leaving, but I'm not 100% sure.

I also think she's joking but if my roommate suddenly heard about all my toxic exes before I was ready to talk about it myself, I'd wanna move out too... At least for a couple days, mostly out of embarrassment.

last edited at Nov 10, 2022 4:27PM

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Miyako was awesome here. Asako opened an inch and she saw it for the mile it was. Seeing all that pain (goss sesh definitely helped but still), seeing the opportunity, seeing that she also was not going to ever be happy with Asako as she is, and making the call to lay it all out in a way that could push her from the rut she is in.

joined Mar 23, 2022

omg I never expect this kind of development.well done miyako! niiceee hard hitting straight confession. she literally doubled her gae pawua to let her feelings across to asako.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

and it has clicked. noice.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

Muhammad Avdol?!

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

So is this manga self-aware and it understood that it would end once the main couple would get together, and thus is trying to postpone that for as long as possible? Is this just a poor creature clinging to the life I see before my eyes?

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

To me it looks like Asako has had a habit of picking emotionally unavailable people, and she's also been afraid to communicate her own needs. A people-pleaser, who has always invested more energy in her relationships than her partners, which of course led to burnout.

It looks like progress that this time she allowed herself to be selfish, and asked Miyako to stay despite not giving her an answer. But I also think the very reason she hasn't fallen for Miyako yet (even if she's attracted to her looks) is that Miyako pays a lot more attention to her needs than she's used to from a partner. As if it's hard for her to break out of the pattern, and embrace the relative unknown.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

A lover can be your pet too, they aren't mutually exclusive.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I had a point I wanted to get to and a way to get to it but I forgot both, so that's fun. In any case, I knew Asako would have some gaps to bridge and issues with her past, but goddamnit that was some shit. The way I'm reading it, feeling that everything she does is a mistake, she basically entirely lost her self-confidence and/or self-worth, and that fucking sucks. It also felt bizarrely personal, as I've had similar experiences to these the resulted in pretty much the same, I guess that's why I read it that way.

I didn't expect Miyako to go all-out the way she did, definitely not so early/quickly, but I'm all for it. I'm also a big fan of how the two of them actually talked about still living together because it could've been rude or unfair otherwise, and I'm really looking forward to see how things develop.

...habit of picking emotionally unavailable people, and she's also been afraid to communicate her own needs...

I wouldn't say that it's a habit as much as it was an unfortunate side effect/result of the way she's fallen for people. One of the issues was that she's definitely tried to communicate, but said unavailabilities affected her, making her insecure and afraid, leading to where she is now emotionally.

...But I also think the very reason she hasn't fallen for Miyako yet (even if she's attracted to her looks) is that Miyako pays a lot more attention to her needs than she's used to from a partner. As if it's hard for her to break out of the pattern, and embrace the relative unknown.

I've been of a similar opinion for a while, though before I simply thought Asako viewed Miyako more as a "child" than as a woman, or in other words, she'd need to recognize Miyako as a potential partner and not as the 'cute girl I happen to live with', now it makes more sense to think that she just doesn't know what to do with someone who actually pays attention to her and actively displays affection toward her (also fucking oof). One of the things I'm looking forward to most is seeing the story navigate this particular part of Asako's issues, especially now that it's clear to her in no uncertain terms that Miyako is a potential partner.

last edited at Nov 10, 2022 8:09PM

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

One of the things I'm looking forward to most is seeing the story navigate this particular part of Asako's issues, especially now that it's clear to her in no uncertain terms that Miyako is a potential partner.

She needs to learn to love herself again then she will be able to love Miyako back

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Aw that was so sweet =w=glad they talk it out

joined May 1, 2015

A dead Hatomori and a widowed Ruri chan.
I wasn't expecting that.

Screenshot%202022-03-25%20015936
joined Mar 24, 2022

I really like the way they did it here. It always feels a bit weird to me that people expect characters to just instantly become aware of some hidden feelings as soon as somebody confesses to them. At least give them time to figure things out. Just because the reader thinks it's obvious that they are in love doesn't mean it's as obvious to them. Not to mention that there are different forms of affection that you can have for a person and sorting out what is what isn't always easy. So I really appreciate that both this manga and Futaribeya have characters acknowledging this and openly communicating where they stand. It just seems more natural to me

last edited at Nov 11, 2022 12:35AM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Muhammad Avdol?!

YES I AM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Miyako, the goofiest mf, just made a serious af confession. If I were in Asako’s place I’d also feel a bit confused over that.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

The author is a coward, Asako should have responded to the confession with "I'm sorry, but my heart already belongs to Pakee"

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Good job with the confession and freeing her from some of the ghosts of the past! ^_^

Some things may have been better left unsaid, though... :P

I can't believe I actually thought Miyako would go at this slowly. XD

I mean, so did she, but it clearly became necessary to be a bit more forceful to not just get through to Asako, but also to help her with that particular trauma.

And looks like I was right about how this part of the story would be handled. To quote my post from the discussion about Asako's ex:

GopnikAdora posted:

Next, comes Asako's ex?

Did I miss something? I didn't see anything that would suggest this?

Pure speculation.

She's obviously a trauma for Asako, so I guess it'll be addressed at some point.

I can't really see her showing up anymore. She's gone and has no reason to come crawling back now, and as much of a sucker for a pretty face Asako may be, there's no way she would be falling for her (or any other past flame she had similar bad experiences with) now. Sure, she has her traumas about the previous relationship, as we've seen demonstrated before, with her reaction when she was caring for the sick Miyako being the most notable, but there is not much a confrontation with the ex can do about this - it's the repeated realizations that Miyako is not like those before that have been helping Asako come out of her shell and slowly become closer with Miyako.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

The author is a coward, Asako should have responded to the confession with "I'm sorry, but my heart already belongs to Pakee"

THIS!!! We all know it’s a love triangle, now the story has to commit to it!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.