Forum › THE PINK DISTRICT discussion

joined Apr 16, 2022

One of the things I appreciate about this oneshot is that, aside from the man in Lillia's backstory, none of the humans were demonized here. Usually in stories like this with a sympathetic monster, their victims are portrayed as objectively evil so the reader doesn't feel bad when they die, but here everyone Lillia kills is a (more or less) normal human being, certainly not deserving of death at least. That gives the manga a good amount of moral complexity, and casts Mikhel's willingness to forgive her for her extensive crimes in a much darker light than it might initially appear. Thanks for the translation!

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

The feels on this one are very conflicting, haha.
Like, why am I okay with her eating people, even if one of them was a mother? I guess because we didn't know them at all.

Yeah
joined Apr 14, 2021

The feels on this one are very conflicting, haha.
Like, why am I okay with her eating people, even if one of them was a mother? I guess because we didn't know them at all.

hahaha for real, im confused about why i forgive her even with the amount of people she had eaten.

joined Apr 5, 2018

One of the things I appreciate about this oneshot is that, aside from the man in Lillia's backstory, none of the humans were demonized here. Usually in stories like this with a sympathetic monster, their victims are portrayed as objectively evil so the reader doesn't feel bad when they die, but here everyone Lillia kills is a (more or less) normal human being, certainly not deserving of death at least. That gives the manga a good amount of moral complexity, and casts Mikhel's willingness to forgive her for her extensive crimes in a much darker light than it might initially appear. Thanks for the translation!

I agree, it made it a interesting read for sure.

joined Sep 21, 2014

I can suspend a lot of disbelief, but the kid in the end...

I'm gonna tell them!

Tell who? It's a neglected kid, he doesn't know anyone worth shit. Such a stupid twist. He probably ran a few hundred meters before his fire ran out. Probably also why he's so damn miserable in the end

last edited at Nov 30, 2022 6:21AM

joined Jul 22, 2014

Nice story

last edited at Nov 30, 2022 6:32AM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Did not expect to actually read it all immediately, but it actually did kinda grab me right off the bat.
Nice.

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

The story was kinda cute until the little boy says, "I'm a man, too. I'm going to protect you !". No child, you are like 5 years old, YOU need protection. Virilism since childhood. He could have just said, "I don't have anyone and I really like you. I'm not letting them take you." or just "I'm scared. Save me !". It's a child, why do they have to enforce the fact that the boy or like they said it "A MAN" and is going to save the monster with a female form. This is stupid.
This could have talked about a lot of things with this, the work condition of prostitute, child abuse (Lilia look like a 12 years old girl), the men who paid for sex and don't care about the situation of the prostitute and the fact they don't care about who they sleep with (again Lilia looks like a little girl and not a single man care about that at least they didn't show it, so all men in this work deserve to die, f*cking pedophile). All the PINK DISTRICT, don't add anything about the story. If Lilia only eats human to live, they are literally living people who don't have a house and sleeping outdoor. Becoming a prostitute to eat people is kinda stupid and useless.
But maybe I didn't get the second reading behind all the story. But for now it's just a story about 'A MAN' who is going to give some love to a female monster little girl prostitute who was abuse by A MAN.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Conceptually it very vaguely reminds me of Happy Sugar Life, but I don't think anything about this one was particularly well done. It just sorta gives me "okay, and ...?" vibes.

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

That was interesting,

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Sees tags: Horror, Tentacles, Prostitution, Violence
Nope! Never! Not in a million years!
Sees scanlator: Daphie's
Mmm...Okay, guess I'll give it a shot.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I honestly expected something in the H realm....this was sorta...I liked it, the eating too.

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022

Angel Drama Horror Lolicon Lots of tentacles Monster girl Prostitution Tragedy Violence

The tag combo that screams "Don't read me!"

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

God that sucked. That shitty Dahmer show just came and went so we don't need any more serial killer apologetics for the rest of the year.

Gay
joined Jun 13, 2016

loved it thanks for the rare feed

joined May 3, 2014

Nah, that is the other way around for me the moment I read the tags and the scanlator/s, I only read the comments because they are more interesting that the manga

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

Woof, that was a rough one. But fun to read!

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

That wasn't actually as H as I was expecting. It was actually a pretty entertaining read all things considered

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Pink district though? Doesnt seem different from just a red district

joined Dec 20, 2013

Pink district though? Doesnt seem different from just a red district

It's a lightish red district ;^D

joined Jan 11, 2014

OOOOo that was cool. I'd def remove the tragedy tag though since the story doesn't have a necessarily bad ending, but a grayer one with an uplifting tone.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

The power of sweet words and even sweeter chocolate.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

The story was kinda cute until the little boy says, "I'm a man, too. I'm going to protect you !". No child, you are like 5 years old, YOU need protection. Virilism since childhood. He could have just said, "I don't have anyone and I really like you. I'm not letting them take you." or just "I'm scared. Save me !". It's a child, why do they have to enforce the fact that the boy or like they said it "A MAN" and is going to save the monster with a female form. This is stupid.
This could have talked about a lot of things with this, the work condition of prostitute, child abuse (Lilia look like a 12 years old girl), the men who paid for sex and don't care about the situation of the prostitute and the fact they don't care about who they sleep with (again Lilia looks like a little girl and not a single man care about that at least they didn't show it, so all men in this work deserve to die, f*cking pedophile). All the PINK DISTRICT, don't add anything about the story. If Lilia only eats human to live, they are literally living people who don't have a house and sleeping outdoor. Becoming a prostitute to eat people is kinda stupid and useless.
But maybe I didn't get the second reading behind all the story. But for now it's just a story about 'A MAN' who is going to give some love to a female monster little girl prostitute who was abuse by A MAN.

Holy shit, a single word really upset you that much, huh?
The kid wanted to protect her, and voiced his desire to be seen as more of an adult. The use of the word "man" doesn't have any thematic relevance, so it's use has no bearing on the story. Calm down.
"This story was kinda cute" No it wasn't. Prostitution and murder aren't exactly "cute".
Also, please for the love of god, never tell a writer that they could have used their story to ponder the morality of real world problems. Sometimes, a story should be allowed to be a story.

TBH the work says more about itself by leaving the issues you mentioned out of the discussion. The women who accost her aren't bothered that she appears to be an underage prostitute. They're upset that she's stealing their clients. I don't know, I think that says quite a lot about the setting that the story takes place in, and adds quite a lot to the story.

"If Lilia only eats human to live, they are literally living people who don't have a house and sleeping outdoor." Yeah she should totally eat homeless people. wtf

last edited at Nov 30, 2022 9:05PM

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Thank you, that's really reassuring for me to know some people appreciate the work I put into this!

Thank you everyone who read and commented as well! ^_^

As for some commenter who got hooked on the word "man", I actually made a couple minor fixes, and that included changing panels around that word. Just so you know, the word used in JP was "otoko" and it can translate as either man or boy, and normally the burden of interpretation would be put upon you the reader, but I had to make a choice. In retrospect, I decided to change it to the word "boy", plus couple minor changes.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Thank you, that's really reassuring for me to know some people appreciate the work I put into this!

Thank you everyone who read and commented as well! ^_^

As for some commenter who got hooked on the word "man", I actually made a couple minor fixes, and that included changing panels around that word. Just so you know, the word used in JP was "otoko" and it can translate as either man or boy, and normally the burden of interpretation would be put upon you the reader, but I had to make a choice. In retrospect, I decided to change it to the word "boy", plus couple minor changes.

I think "man" is a more appropriate term. No offense to your translation, but to put it bluntly, changing it to boy throws away the entire point of his statement. He wants to make a stand for someone else, and in a young boy's eyes (I speak from personal experience), this is something that defines what a "man" is. It's a somewhat common trope. Him saying he's a boy is the same as saying he's a child. It's a given, and removes any significance the declaration has. You could change the word to "adult" and it would carry the same significance, but it would be different from the original translation.

last edited at Nov 30, 2022 10:23PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.