Forum › Posts by Oneplusoneequalstwo

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

The pearl clutchers lost their minds when this shit dropped.

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

Dropped.

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

What do you mean!!?!?!!?

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018
Tarakanovichhf-1637551188722761730-img1

^ ehhh Wondy alone could convincingly take on Supergirl.

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

God that sucked. That shitty Dahmer show just came and went so we don't need any more serial killer apologetics for the rest of the year.

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

I'm sorry Dynasty I cheated on you and read the chapter somewhere else, couldn't wait anymore ;-;

Dynasty's reader is hot garbage anyway.

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

How bout that ntr though.

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

God, what a mess this was. The last chapter really sums it up with the last remaining characters who like the rest of us have followed this story from start to finish and survived til the end try to look back on everything to try to grasp at some meaning only to realize there's nothing there. So they just start flailing with embarrassing pseudo-philosophy that sort of awkwardly leads to a title drop. Truly they were... A Walk to Death.

This manga never quite found its footing. The shock value stopped being shocking almost immediately. The mystery was introduced too late and too clumsily. As a character study, the thing it did best, it was too quick and too shallow.

It was funny though.

4/10

last edited at Jun 23, 2022 10:50PM

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

^
She tries smiling again and being uncaring when the woman questions her, then after the pigeon is killed all emotion drains from her face like at the start of the chapter.

She goes from her standard unemotional to a somewhat different type of unemotional which for me elicits the emotion of "yeah... ok."

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

I hate that I laughed but this series has some truly great comedic timing.

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

Hmm... at this point not even the deaths are interesting. The deaths at the start felt like set up that was leading us somewhere but so far its lead to nothing. No character arcs, no mystery with any connective tissue, hardly anything emotionally affecting. Just wheel spinning. Is there a story here? Our main character, the centerpiece to all this, hasn't done anything. She could be replaced with a vaguely creepy doll and nothing would change. Is there even a story here? I can't tell.
I'm gonna keep reading cause there's got to be something here at some point. Surely. Also unfollowing it takes, like, two clicks.

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

This mystery manga can't seem to decide if there is even a mystery or not.

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

Kudos to the translators but damn this is so ass, expecially when compared to Liar Satsuki. I'm glad the author learned how to write.

It was fun bad with the over-the-top deaths in the opening chapters but now that it's slowed down it's just regular bad and full of really tiresome, unlikable, and, worst of all, uninteresting characters. I cannot see how this goes on for more than thirty chapters when it was already losing steam at chapter 6.

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

As was the case with Another or something like Final Destination even, the more the over the top deaths pile on the harder it is to actually care, the story sliding steadily from horror to comedy. It is decidedly a me-problem, I recognize that, but all the death and dramatics just start being funny to me over time. The ultimate conclusions of these stories tend not to be very satisfying either, but we shall see.

This is not a criticism of the format necessarily, just something I have noticed about myself I suppose. Hmm, maybe I was Tokiko all along...?

I don't think it's just you and I don't think it's even a problem. The metamorphosis from horror to humor is part of the enjoyment with works like this. If the author leans into the over-the-topness, even better.

No no, it's better when they take it completely seriously. The earnestness is what makes it funny.

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

I actually cackled when that lady got annihilated but the truck. At a certain point, it's just comical.

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

Nacchan got herself married to a dude she barely likes. Kyouko finally moved the fuck on. Little sister is irrelevant. lol

The dude Nacchan married seemed nice but I can just imagine how much more insufferable she'll become as the years of their marriage drag on. Kyouko might've dodged a bullet here.

last edited at Oct 25, 2021 12:18PM

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

Outstanding series.

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

Boring baby melodrama

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

WTF are their names?

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

Shimeji's sister knows the truth.

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

I can't believe this tried to hit me with a romantic ending like it's made me feel anything but contempt for these massive dickheads. Why was the only sane person who was calling out the teacher for her bullshit getting treated like the bad guy? If anything the good part about this ending is that Sei and Aya can abuse and gaslight each other and save everyone else from being a part in their nonsense. Fucking hell.

last edited at Jul 19, 2021 11:18PM

Oneplusoneequalstwo
School Zone discussion 05 Jul 02:38
joined Jun 5, 2018

God, she's such a creep.

Who?

Kaname. If I were in their shoes she'd be too annoying to be around.

last edited at Jul 5, 2021 2:43AM

Oneplusoneequalstwo
School Zone discussion 02 Jul 19:33
joined Jun 5, 2018

God, she's such a creep.

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

Omegaverse is always such weird creepy stupid shite.

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

That was fuckin good!