Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

joined Feb 1, 2021

Also I'm half convinced the artist put Aya in the costume last chapter so she could have the usual flowers at the confession scene motif but have it be diagetic

Oh, clever.

joined Jul 22, 2014

Mitsuki please, I can't deal with those piercing green eyes....

exactly my thought

Que_verduras_puede_comer_mi_hamster_29106_600
joined Nov 13, 2022

I love this chapter. Both sides of Mitsuki on display at once instead of (in Aya's perception) bifurcated in the two personas. integration. nature is healing.

Really love this chapter exactly because of this. Like Narita said Koga is being more like herself now at school, slowly, sure but is happening and is so cute <3

joined Apr 7, 2020

Hmm - They seemed like 2 bokes? At least it looked like it at that last scene :) Kawaii

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I understand and appreciate the effort to keep things civil, but in effort to respect the artist and their efforts I think it unfair to censor their works and discussion of it, in context, because of some bad actors and or out of context interpretation.

don't forget about the very first time that you guys had to shut down a convo that devolved into accusations of alt accounts and discord servers. this manga's comment section is wild

Going to assume you got mixed up in the reply system. It’s not very intuitive, so that does happen sometimes. Just want to clarify that Green777 was not involved in that, and I don’t see an issue with the other posts they’ve made here. The thread has indeed been a bit wild at times, though.

last edited at Nov 16, 2022 5:08PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

This manga doesn't look like it's going to end any time soon which is nice, seeing more interactions for these two and for what may come (If it walks like a yuri and quacks like a yuri) will be nice. Hopefully more song references.

last edited at Nov 18, 2022 9:29PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I don't think people pointed it out but turns out the song she performed at the party was probably "I Promise" by Radiohead.

もう逃げない = I won't run away no more.
Mitsuki was quoting the lyrics here on Chapter 24.

This song was released in 2017 on the reissue of their 'OK Computer' (1997) album, titled 'OK Computer OKNOTOK 1997 2017', so it was recorded in '96 and released 21 years later. It makes a lot of sense to say it's a lesser known song by them. So Aya was probably right

Btw, I added it to the Google Doc with all the bands compiled.

Surprised people even remember that fiasco, felt sorry for wlftchtr82 when that happened.

I felt sorry for myself too.

last edited at Nov 17, 2022 7:27AM

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

It just occurred to me, but 5 years from now when someone comes to Dynasty to read what people were saying about this manga at the time, they will be completely flabbergasted at how such an innocuous manga could create such intense reactions.

cause we're in too deep, and we're trying to keep, up above in our head, instead of going under

That's SUM joke you made, huh

guilty. because the comments we made is what we're all about. :D

Also every time someone mentions my username when it's uncalled for. I show up because I'm one of the few trying to talk about the story, even if some jokes may not please everyone.

I mention you because you do your best to keep track with all the band mentions. because YOU ROCK!

also, good job on pointing out the actual song. I thought it was she seeing Creep but I was wrong on that. big time!

last edited at Nov 16, 2022 11:53PM

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

The benefit of not giving a damn about the topics being "discussed" is that you get to be entertained by how aggressive people get over others disagreeing with them...

On the topic of the story, I wonder where it will go from here, if it will. The main conflict point of the story, Mitsuki not being a guy, was revealed and the fallout resolved. And while seeing just a slice of life format of them interacting would be entertaining (probably), it would feel like a departure from the series so far, which was moving in a specific direction, with a "goal" of sorts.

What I am saying is that this would be a great point to end it with this format and start a long chapter series sequel to accomodate the shift in... I dunno how to say it, tone?

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

I fixed the translation. Thanks for the heads-up.

Tbf, it was something that could only be known in hindsight, after reading Ch26.

Persona-5-royal-morgana
joined Nov 15, 2022

Koga is legit. Thanks for uploading this :3

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I don't think people pointed it out but turns out the song she performed at the party was probably "I Promise" by Radiohead.

This song was released in 2017 on the reissue of their 'OK Computer' (1997) album, titled 'OK Computer OKNOTOK 1997 2017', so it was recorded in '96 and released 21 years later. It makes a lot of sense to say it's a lesser known song by them. So Aya was probably right

Thank you sooo much <3 I did not know that song. I'll head off to listen to it now...

last edited at Nov 18, 2022 1:39AM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Sumiko created an instagram (probably because of the Twitter shutdown rumours)
http://instagram.com/agu_knzm

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Nice catch, I wouldn't have gotten this one.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I know I was the one who pointed out the song but I can’t picture Mitsuki singing “I Promise” by Radiohead AT ALL.

Hope I am not the only one.
I was betting on something like Anyone Can Play Guitar or Blow Out because they sound like stuff to be played at parties as a closing act…

I am prejudiced against Creep because I just heard it too many times as a tween

last edited at Nov 19, 2022 11:15PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

I know I was the one who pointed out the song but I can’t picture Mitsuki singing “I Promise” by Radiohead AT ALL.

I was betting on something like Anyone Can Play Guitar or Blow Out because they sound like stuff to be played at parties as a closing act…

It could be purely coincidental.

last edited at Nov 18, 2022 9:37PM

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Sumiko created an instagram (probably because of the Twitter shutdown rumours)
http://instagram.com/agu_knzm

thnx for the heads up. Twitter is really going wild right now which is bad for Agu and many others who just want to post up their work. thanks a lot, Musk.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Looking up from under her bag like that, whilst holding Aya's hand - no matter that she says "friend", I can't but think a trip to Ikeya is on the cards ;p :D

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I dunno, it's a simple enough guitar riff for a relative beginner, and the lyrics are appropriate to the message she wanted to send.

I was prejudiced towards Creep because it seemed appropriately self-deprecating for Mitsuki, but I think "I promise" is pretty likely given the lyric drop.

Edit: I don't think Mitsuki would even bother thinking about the venue or whether the song is appropriate for a closing act. She picked the song for Aya, because she's there to sing to Aya, period.

last edited at Nov 19, 2022 9:01PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Removed a few nonconstructive, overly personal comments that had nothing to do with the manga or its related discussions. Tomorrow should be good!

last edited at Nov 19, 2022 10:18PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Edit: I don't think Mitsuki would even bother thinking about the venue or whether the song is appropriate for a closing act. She picked the song for Aya, because she's there to sing to Aya, period.

Valid.

joined Mar 26, 2021

I see, the fountain of youth is just gay power.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

The intimacy…! The casual hand that reaches out with an earbud….! The shimmering energy of undisclosed love…!

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

The intimacy…! The casual hand that reaches out with an earbud….! The shimmering energy of undisclosed love…!

The degree of familiarity these two already have is honestly healing, can understand why the 3 adults felt moved :D

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

the world would have been better off if wireless earbuds were never invented.

To reply you must either login or sign up.