Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

Very cute and healing indeed

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Holy cow, they're already super comfortable and casual with each other, that was quick O⁠_⁠o Although to be fair, Mitsuki is a lot more relaxed at the shop to begin with.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That was so sweet . . .

Que_verduras_puede_comer_mi_hamster_29106_600
joined Nov 13, 2022

This is so sweet tho I must admit, my main interest here changed the moment I read uncles's name finally hahaha

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

the world would have been better off if wireless earbuds were never invented.

You mean because without them they'd have to do the heads close together to share thing? Or just because they have crap audio lol?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I love seeing what her uncle and his 2 old rocker friends all used to look like when they were young :) (early 20s seems?)

p.s shouldnt the title be Someone's going to GO blind? Or maybe someone's going to be blinded?

last edited at Nov 20, 2022 8:46AM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Can relate to the adults in the room, feeling pretty cleansed myself.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

The music shop gays are finally being gay in the music shop again *sobs* This decaying adult feels cleansed as well <3

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Every week when this updates I check it out and it's consistently like the best thing on this site

Then I check this thread and its consistently the worst thing on the site. It feels like more trouble than its worth lmao (the thread, this series is worth anything). What is it about this series that brings it out???

I wonder how old the Old Punks at the shop are. Prolly nearing 40? I'm turning 30 in four days, and I still haven't disconnected from that Youth Energy, I don't think. Things that make others go "OH NO I'M SO OLD I'M TURNING TO DUST" don't phase me lol. I hope to never lose that whimsical bright energy.

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

yess feed me that wholesome shit

Itshappening
joined Feb 13, 2013

Chap 28 hitting really close to home

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Lies!!! Wireless earbuds are really convenient.
For example: when you are working out, or because you don’t need your phone at arm’s reach when you walk in a shady area of the city + you can hide them with your hair, or during a boring class so the teacher/professor won’t notice you’re listening to music instead of the lecture, etc.

They are a godsend!!!!

This is so sweet tho I must admit, my main interest here changed the moment I read uncles's name finally hahaha

Same!
Btw, is Joe a “common” foreign name given in Japan? It’s starting to make me think Mitsuki is mixed race (even if just a quarter).

Also:

I might need a minute to recover from this. From hot alt dude to DIFL… Nice genes, Koga-san, nice genes

last edited at Nov 20, 2022 10:22AM

joined Sep 14, 2018

YURI AURA CLEASING POWAAARR!!!

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

I wonder how old the Old Punks at the shop are. Prolly nearing 40? I'm turning 30 in four days, and I still haven't disconnected from that Youth Energy, I don't think. Things that make others go "OH NO I'M SO OLD I'M TURNING TO DUST" don't phase me lol. I hope to never lose that whimsical bright energy.

Aww I hope so too.

Honestly I joke about it more since I teach. But I do still feel pretty young

joined Sep 4, 2018

For someone who is "quiet and reserved" (see character bio chapter), Koga is smooth af. Its hard to say if these lovable dorks realize their in love yet (as Koga did only ask to be friends, not to go out/be her girlfriend), but the first kiss is going to be so worth it.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awwwwwwwwwww.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Lies!!! Wireless earbuds are really convenient.
For example: when you are working out, or because you don’t need your phone at arm’s reach when you walk in a shady area of the city + you can hide them with your hair, or during a boring class so the teacher/professor won’t notice you’re listening to music instead of the lecture, etc.

So true. Replacing wired headphones for cardio every six months because they fray is a thing of the past!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

wlftchtr82 posted:

Btw, is Joe a “common” foreign name given in Japan? It’s starting to make me think Mitsuki is mixed race (even if just a quarter).

IMO, it's just a nickname.

For all we know, his real name is "Jotaro" but as he was in the "Rock scene", he got the nickname Joe.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I'd imagine Joe is a nickname rather than uncle's actual name. Maybe his name is something like Josuke or similar and his friends shortened it. I imagine translator put it as Joe since it is written in Katakana (script usually used for non-Japanese words), but the Japanese itself is just "Jo" with a long "o" so we don't really know for sure if its said as a shorthand or if it's actually referring to the English name "Joe".

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Who would say been a third wheel would be so refreshing?

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

Aa, seishun~

Gotta say, I love a letterman jacket. Go off, Aya. See you in that flannel, too, Mitsuki ;)

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

koga is way too hot

joined Apr 5, 2015

For all we know, his real name is "Jotaro" but as he was in the "Rock scene", he got the nickname Joe.

To add to this, it is not uncommon to make foreign sounding nicknames out of common Japanese names. An example is taking the name Jо̄ji and stylizing it as "George", as both kinda sound similar.

So, yeah, until stated otherwise I assume it is just a nickname, possibly formed from his given name.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yuri is in our sights

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

For someone who is "quiet and reserved" (see character bio chapter), Koga is smooth af. Its hard to say if these lovable dorks realize their in love yet (as Koga did only ask to be friends, not to go out/be her girlfriend), but the first kiss is going to be so worth it.

Well, Aya knows she’s in love.
Even her reaction to Mitsuki being kind gave it away.

(“Urk” + eyes sparkling = gay)

The first kiss will be great and I hope it comes with a confession from Aya saying that she likes >her<, even if oni-san is not a guy.

To reply you must either login or sign up.