I hope Demon Dragon-senpai appears in the future, he seems like a cool dude

The dragon in this panel looks like Donkey’s baby mama

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

bruh this goes so hard omg villainess yuri fans stay winning

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Since it's "Diana vs Tenebrae" I would assume that not only is Lapis the family name, but the naming convention in this realm is Family/Personal. Like it is in East Asia and places like Hungary. Also I don't recall if we got Diana's family name?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Since it's "Diana vs Tenebrae" I would assume that not only is Lapis the family name, but the naming convention in this realm is Family/Personal. Like it is in East Asia and places like Hungary. Also I don't recall if we got Diana's family name?

That reading is very much at odds with the first chapter repeatedly referring to the Tenebrae family.

Frog
joined Oct 14, 2020

wish pokemon battles were like this

E05aff7c1334de03865ce183142c84b52
joined Feb 6, 2014

So, here's my guess based on the two chapters we have so far.

Lapis's younger sister was killed … by another commoner, and Lapis actually feels guilty for failing to protect her. The whole commoners being uncivilized attitude is something she adopted to deal with her pain, and so that she doesn't have to examine the actual situation too closely. After all, if commoners are ignorant and quick to anger, then something like this was probably unavoidable, nothing she could do.

As to why a commoner would kill her sister. In my experience (having grown up working class in a country where the class divide is still very much alive no matter what people say), enforcing the class divide can come from the bottom as well as the top. Working class people can get very annoyed by other working class people that have ideas and aspirations "above their station", and will starting talking about people getting "too big for their britches". Or I'm thinking to deeply and the killer was motivated by simple jealousy.

She is young, and no father and mother. Doing her family business alone. So possibly her whole family raided by commoner bandits and killed?

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

This panel right here is killing me

Also, Diana is either going to be a powerful ally to MC (can't see how this works tbh but I can see them becoming friends and MC wanting to protect Diana as well), or the true villainess of the story given her reaction at the end of Chapter 2.

(Could either be her fearing her powers can harm people or her realizing she now has something she can use to affect Lapis)

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

what a fool i am, didn´t realize that it was the same author that made catulus syndrome, now im hyped. I´m really gonna miss the over the top character and facial expressions from catulus syndrome but i guess in a more serious story like this i´d be weird to have characters like yuki and her shenanigans. But nonetheless i´m expecting a lot from this series

PD the art looks gorgeous on this one

Fb_img_1647915926857
joined Jul 6, 2021

AAMONG US EYES AT CHAPTER 2 PAGE 82

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

AAMONG US EYES AT CHAPTER 2 PAGE 82

great now I can't unsee it

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

That reading is very much at odds with the first chapter repeatedly referring to the Tenebrae family.

Good point. WTF were they calling the fight Diana vs Tenebrae for then? Does Diana not have a family name? Is it a status thing?

joined Oct 26, 2020

I’m invested now, I’ll be patiently waiting for more :)

Popte_pop_54
joined Jun 25, 2019

So lemme get this straight.
This game has a secret tragic backstory for Diana coded in, which is completely unused and even the game crack is not aware of it?
Cut at the last second to make her just a straight villain? Budget issues? Day One DLC?

last edited at Dec 11, 2022 9:59PM

Illyasvielgay
joined Mar 6, 2021

Poggers Champion

joined Sep 11, 2015

all aboard lapis x natori x diana

joined Apr 16, 2022

Because Diana-chan is this world's protagonist, anyone she injures with her power must be "evil."

This is what isekai audiences actually believe

03dcbc32-c6f1-466f-9b77-fffa79a101b1
joined Feb 27, 2022

oho? ohohoho!

Sleeping%20yukari
joined Nov 15, 2011

Niceeeee really niceeeeee

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

Ah I really love this a lot, a lot, plays straight at my interests

joined Jun 1, 2016

she pulled a bakarina and stole important plot liners

joined Mar 19, 2020

Because Diana-chan is this world's protagonist, anyone she injures with her power must be "evil."

This is what isekai audiences actually believe

I mean I get it, rather then actually harming actual ‘evil’, as the protagonist what she sees as ‘evil’ is evil. Or the world’s ‘view’ will side with her. Or in this case it seems to be taking the route where she is just a ‘good’ protagonist who isn’t out to harm anyone

I like that they don’t have the whole ‘sweet protag is actually evil??’ thing going on and she’s just nice

joined Mar 19, 2020

she pulled a bakarina and stole important plot liners

Lol yeah, reminded me of the green thumb thing specifically (if I remember correctly?). At least this time she did it intentionally and seems like it’ll be a better outcome for Diana

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

Great, now I'm shipping DianaxNatalie more than I ship LapisxNatori...

joined Apr 16, 2022

I mean I get it, rather then actually harming actual ‘evil’, as the protagonist what she sees as ‘evil’ is evil. Or the world’s ‘view’ will side with her. Or in this case it seems to be taking the route where she is just a ‘good’ protagonist who isn’t out to harm anyone

Of course Diana's a good person, but her concern is that she'll end up hurting/killing innocent people unintentionally (by accident, etc). Natori's line was some explicit Protagonist-Centered Morality, asserting that anyone Diana hurts must axiomatically be evil because she's the protagonist so everything she does must be right. I was joking about how this attitude is unironically shared by much of fandom.

Great, now I'm shipping DianaxNatalie more than I ship LapisxNatori...

Plot twist: this manga was actually about Diana rescuing Natori from Lapis's evil clutches all along

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Oooooh we got a LOVE TRIANGLE FORMIN'

To reply you must either login or sign up.