Forum › Posts by PhoenixAct

Ab59ca3b19cdeaaa017711fd2fed011712597cdd
joined Feb 5, 2021

So, here's my guess based on the two chapters we have so far.

Lapis's younger sister was killed … by another commoner, and Lapis actually feels guilty for failing to protect her. The whole commoners being uncivilized attitude is something she adopted to deal with her pain, and so that she doesn't have to examine the actual situation too closely. After all, if commoners are ignorant and quick to anger, then something like this was probably unavoidable, nothing she could do.

As to why a commoner would kill her sister. In my experience (having grown up working class in a country where the class divide is still very much alive no matter what people say), enforcing the class divide can come from the bottom as well as the top. Working class people can get very annoyed by other working class people that have ideas and aspirations "above their station", and will starting talking about people getting "too big for their britches". Or I'm thinking to deeply and the killer was motivated by simple jealousy.

PhoenixAct
joined Feb 5, 2021

I can understand the frustration, but I kind of liked that Rei's ambitions are more small-scale.

There are so many Isekai stories where the main character becomes the big hero who can change the fate of nations; so I found it kind of interesting that Rei is a more-or-less normal person who's just trying to protect herself and the people she cares about during a period of dramatic political and social upheaval. More of an action survivor, rather than an action hero.

PhoenixAct
joined Feb 5, 2021

Trying not to sound condescending here, probably failing.

I just find it interesting that some people are completely disregarding the idea of character development, despite it being one of the most fundamental parts of story-telling.

It's just my impression, but people seem to be assuming that Claire and Rei are going to be the same at the end of the story as they were at the beginning. That because Claire is classist at the start of the story, and is not going to grow or change at all.

PhoenixAct
Summer Love discussion 21 Nov 20:52
joined Feb 5, 2021

I like that Yukino spoke with her actual accent during her little confession at the end there. Makes it feel more authentic, and indicates that she's gotten more comfortable speaking normally around Nana despite being so embarrassed over her accent earlier.

joined Feb 5, 2021

I bet the umbrella is Wanko's way of saying "It's going to rain today and I didn't bring my umbrella. Come meet me at the station again!"

Wither that or the person who stole Sakuma's umbrella somehow managed to run return it to her.

The only way I can interpret it right now is that Sakuma has a stalker.

Meanwhile, I have the sinking feeling it might by Sakuma's ex-fiance.

PhoenixAct
Image Comments 25 Apr 12:53
joined Feb 5, 2021
89224232_p0

Be careful Senchou, you wouldn't want Noel to go get her mace.

We all saw what she did to poor Subaru.

joined Feb 5, 2021

So, I may be pointing out the obvious but...

The girl from this chapter was called Chito, and the girl she met at the end was called Shima.

And the Japanese title is Ada/Chi to Shima/mura.

Sooo, reincarnation? That might be the mission Yachiro was referring to.

Although, their names appear to have been swapped around given that Shima seems to have Adachi's appearance and personality, whilst Chito seems to have the same sense of aimlessness Shimamura started the series with.

last edited at Feb 16, 2021 8:39PM