Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Couples confirmed and I find it weird she is so defensive over being touched. Like not wanting to be touched is fair but this is an extreme level.

She probably has some sort of trauma associated with touch, it's an unfortunately common thing. It could be something unrelated to trauma, too, but none of the Shions really strike me as well-adjusted and untroubled individuals.

You know, that would actually fit the Shio being Lord theory... :D

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Couples confirmed and I find it weird she is so defensive over being touched. Like not wanting to be touched is fair but this is an extreme level.

She probably has some sort of trauma associated with touch, it's an unfortunately common thing. It could be something unrelated to trauma, too, but none of the Shions really strike me as well-adjusted and untroubled individuals.

You know, that would actually fit the Shio being Lord theory... :D

I actually like the theory that Shio was one of Lord’s victims. It makes sense to me that someone subjected to Lord’s brand of “punishment” might develop a complex about being touched. It could also explain the half-mask and the fact that she seems determined to mentally break Enormeeta rather than just wiping them out, which she has already had multiple opportunities to do.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I think they're supposed to continue the theme about what makes for a healthy bdsm relationship by demonstrating more ways that things can go wrong. Each of the members has a selfish and unilateral perspective on things that doesn't involve communication with or enthusiasm from their targets. We've got a voyeur/IRL shipper who doesn't seem to care at all about the girls she's observing and only about titillating for herself. We've got a girl with an unhealthy amount of obsession and devotion that seems to be one-sided. And I think Imitatio, who we can see can dish it out but can't take it, is someone who refuses to go along with her partner in a scene and instead is just imposing what she wants out on them. Compare her to Utena, who tries to "see" the person she's tormenting, who has a strict code of honor and cares a lot about making sure her play doesn't cause permanent harm, and is prepared to put her body on the line when domming.

It's not fully clear yet, but I think I'm starting to see the themes.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I think they're supposed to continue the theme about what makes for a healthy bdsm relationship by demonstrating more ways that things can go wrong. Each of the members has a selfish and unilateral perspective on things that doesn't involve communication with or enthusiasm from their targets. We've got a voyeur/IRL shipper who doesn't seem to care at all about the girls she's observing and only about titillating for herself. We've got a girl with an unhealthy amount of obsession and devotion that seems to be one-sided. And I think Imitatio, who we can see can dish it out but can't take it, is someone who refuses to go along with her partner in a scene and instead is just imposing what she wants out on them. Compare her to Utena, who tries to "see" the person she's tormenting, who has a strict code of honor and cares a lot about making sure her play doesn't cause permanent harm, and is prepared to put her body on the line when domming.

I believe this is the most comprehensive interpretation of the Shions to date. It does not preclude the possibility of an earlier run-in with Lord, but thematically, you are on point.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

This was such a relaxed chapter. Appropriate for a relaxed day.

48e25e4b-7500-4818-b21e-14cc7fc81d93
joined Oct 22, 2022

God bless BDSM magical girls

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Oh nice, a light-hearted chapter to give us a break from the salty bitches. And Haruka has intuited something important. She might even be able to communicate it were she not a dummy pink!

Cute seasonally-named sisters, tho!

Amimaidprofile
joined Mar 5, 2019

So basically, Imitatio is the extreme form of a brat-type?

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Great fun chapter. Laughed a lot. Loved the focus on Magenta (not just physically!). It's nice to see her being the one to slowly piece everything together showing her capabilities as a leader.

joined Oct 22, 2022

So basically, Imitatio is the extreme form of a brat-type?

I think Imitatio represents something more along the line of “fake Dommes” who don’t actually give a shit about their partner, doesn’t consider the fact that BDSM is about mutual respect and trust and simply refuses to make an effort in satisfying their submissive. Since they’re the Dominant one they think they are the only one whose enjoyment should actually matter.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Korisu just wanted to play and have a proper Ultraman fight. :D

Chiyo
joined Dec 21, 2021

This chapter was clearly a bruh moment. A very good one. It's good going back to the nice older chapters

Images
joined Oct 20, 2022

I have a theory in mind.
Vena is aware of Baiser's betrayal or is realizing it now.
The bases on which I am basing myself are the following:
1: Baiser's attitude in this chapter should raise your attention, she before becoming a berserker was antagonistic against vena but now she acts in a respectful and friendly way with him, add that due to how focused he was on his plans that a third party was able to ruin them and that baiser suffered a change in form I can make vena begin to suspect or outright realize utena's intentions
2: the fact will reveal that Baiser is about to verita is confusing, it is established that vena's plan is to make baiser go crazy, absorb a group of magical girls and consume her afterwards, vena should be against that for truth means dominance over one's mind unless disclosure is part of their plans
I imagine that what will happen is that when Baiser reveals his plan and executes it, it is revealed that he had already foreseen it and was "Out-Gambitted" for a moment and possibly seeing his plan fail leads Baiser to a mind-break moment the which vein will he take advantage of to take her to her berserker state.

joined May 23, 2021

What is "that shit" they're referring to on page 14? It's been so long I don't remember

joined Oct 22, 2022

What is "that shit" they're referring to on page 14? It's been so long I don't remember

I think it was referring to making them kiss while going berserk

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

What a nice chapter. I liked that we have original two facing off again. Korisu was adorable with how happy she was to play toys and the others not realising where they were was pretty funny.

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

I love how ridiculous this series is but at the same time how it isn't all silly.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

All the girls taking pictures of giant Magenta's panties. Fuckin hilarious.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I laughed way too much at this

joined Jun 9, 2022

Alice’s mental health is yet again improved by the forces of evil.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Pfffft. That was fun.

9d94c4a9-d46e-49f0-a68e-0a44d27fedb6
joined Oct 22, 2021

Pfffft. That was fun.

Yeah. I’m not as against the presence of the Shio-chans as some people are, but it was really nice to see some low stakes Enormeeta vs Tres Magia shenanigans.

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

Lewd and comfy.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Nothing like brawling so hard you end up...in someone's panties

Genbuakicon
joined Jun 27, 2015

Kiwi's dedication to being a good big sis to Korisu is one of my favorite things about her character. It's so damn cute.

To reply you must either login or sign up.