Forum › Posts by Glimmung

Glimmung
joined Jun 9, 2022

Great chapter as always. Seems like Sango has guessed that Yurika is in love with Minamo. Her already planning to break up with Yui before college is pretty notable as well.

I personally am really looking forward to more Himawari content. Himawari seems like a really interesting and complex character who has potential to add a ton of extra layers to the manga's themes.

I actually really like Sango. She has realistic expectations about her relationships. I doubt she will push Yurika or create any drama about her relationship with Minamo.

last edited at Jun 15, 2023 12:11PM

joined Jun 9, 2022

Isn't Gay Marriage Legalized In Japan Now?

not exactly, the bar on gay marriage was deemed unconstitutional by a district judge but it's already the second time this happend. So it's not legalized as much as at least two judges have now said "you can't use the constitution to argue against legalizing gay marriage" which does put pressure on lawmakers but it hasn't actually changed the law.

The main opposition party is officially backing gay marriage legislation now, which adds a bit more momentum behind it as well. It does feel like Japan will get there at some point in the near-ish future.

Japan is basically a single party democracy with only the LDP being viable. Or has that changed in the last few years?

joined Jun 9, 2022

I love these off day shenanigan episodes. Nothing happens and yet, so many things happen. For this chapter we have mothers, gyaru manager, utena-michiko respectful rivalry, murder, kiwi-korisu-randa friendship, kiwi's temptation, and buying jewelry for your gf. No appearance from the og magical trio but hopefully, the get spotlight next time.

Now we just wait for what Vena is cooking up next chapter...we know he wants magic and wants our cast to become more powerful to get more magic/harvest them...but what for (World domination, world destruction...merchandise sells)??? White mascot trying to stop him and they have history I think?

He wants to preserve the universe from entropy.

I expect the reason to be some sort of send up of Madoka. IE his motivations are completely venal/petty.

joined Jun 9, 2022

Once again, my main takeaway from one of these office romance stories is, Japanese working conditions suck.

They have shit productivity too. So all that work is just performative misery.

joined Jun 9, 2022

Chu-Chu asking the real questions.

last edited at Apr 7, 2023 10:41PM

Glimmung
joined Jun 9, 2022

Okay suu’s mother disappearing sounds weirder now. The family called the police when she disappeared?

last edited at Jan 10, 2023 11:44AM

Glimmung
Ikoku Nikki discussion 13 Dec 20:08
joined Jun 9, 2022

Thanks to the translators for this. It's also impressive that the translation for the first chapter (without any future context) could be used unchanged in chapter 50. I only realized this because chapter 50 made me want to reread everything.

I don't think calling Makio nonchalant is accurate. She gives a lot of comfort and advice (often bluntly) to Asa and was rather effective in guiding Emiri during her uncertainty. Her introvertedness leaves her with a limited supply of energy for other people, but she's been kind and loving the whole time (despite her warning when she took Asa in).

The issue is Asa needs people to see and love her. She feels completely adrift with no anchor. Makio is great, but unconditional love is not her bag.

joined Jun 9, 2022

Alice’s mental health is yet again improved by the forces of evil.

joined Jun 9, 2022

Yay for this messy but heartwarming story.

joined Jun 9, 2022

Utena really is too pure.

joined Jun 9, 2022

Second, big-horn Baiser shows up right from the start instead of showing up when she gets excited/horny in the middle of a fight. I think this shows that chapter 38 wasn't just filler but an actual shift in Baiser in terms of her strength and motivations.

Also interesting to note is that everything Baiser animates is anthropomorphic now. Both the candle and scissors in this chapter for example. The scissors’ change is the most apparent since she uses them so frequently.

Glimmung
joined Jun 9, 2022

Hey I’m not sure where to post this, but I have a scan request for one of Kishi’s works on his Pixiv. I don’t know where to go or who to ask, but does anybody know of any scan groups to get ahold of that has the time to translate?

Here’s the work https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/97211040

Pretty sure I saw a translation on /u/.

joined Jun 9, 2022

Don't you think this chapter hints at Shion having some connection to Lord? She already knows Utena is Baiser, has a grudge against her and Enormeeta and she gets angry when Randa tries to grab her ass. Maybe Lord's consciousness got sealed by Vena and Sister in the half-mask Shion wears?

Honestly this chapter makes me think she is related to Lord but not Lord herself. She does not seem to have a real emotional reaction to Baiser.

Glimmung
Ikoku Nikki discussion 12 Jun 11:17
joined Jun 9, 2022

In a rare moment I was kinda sympathetic to the older sister, clearly she feels she's under some pressure, whether it's real or just perceived; and she isn't handling it well. But of course what happened afterwards ...

Good background chapter. Usually I'm not too into flashbacks but trust this manga to get it right and tie it to what's going on currently, too; of course.

Going back to chapter 17 I can’t help but really dislike their mother.