Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

Snapdragon beans
Screen%20shot%202018-12-15%20at%202.44.04%20am
joined Oct 27, 2018

I know this series is ecchi and parody and stuff but aren't Sayo's boobs way too big for a 14 year old?

14 is well into puberty for a lot of teens, and development happens at different rates and different degrees. I read a story once (can't remember where) about a girl who's boobs were so big in middle school that she wanted reduction surgery because the other students and even the damn teachers were bullying her over it. It was really disheartening, but it gave me a new perspective. I was a late bloomer, very short and scrawny until my second year of high school. It made me an easy target, but I never thought that being on the extreme other end could do the same.

Yes. One of my friends in High School developed early.

All the boys thought she was a "slut" and picked on her. She'd get told off for wearing shirts that looked fine on anybody else for dress code.

People just suck in general, and if there's something they can bully someone over, they will do so.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Couples confirmed and I find it weird she is so defensive over being touched. Like not wanting to be touched is fair but this is an extreme level.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Couples confirmed and I find it weird she is so defensive over being touched. Like not wanting to be touched is fair but this is an extreme level.

She probably has some sort of trauma associated with touch, it's an unfortunately common thing. It could be something unrelated to trauma, too, but none of the Shions really strike me as well-adjusted and untroubled individuals.

last edited at Sep 23, 2022 6:00AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

She probably has some sort of trauma associated with touch, it's an unfortunately common thing. It could be something unrelated to trauma, too, but none of the Shions really strike me as well-adjusted and untroubled individuals.

You know, that would actually fit the Shio being Lord theory... :D

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

You know, that would actually fit the Shio being Lord theory... :D

I actually like the theory that Shio was one of Lord’s victims. It makes sense to me that someone subjected to Lord’s brand of “punishment” might develop a complex about being touched. It could also explain the half-mask and the fact that she seems determined to mentally break Enormeeta rather than just wiping them out, which she has already had multiple opportunities to do.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I think they're supposed to continue the theme about what makes for a healthy bdsm relationship by demonstrating more ways that things can go wrong. Each of the members has a selfish and unilateral perspective on things that doesn't involve communication with or enthusiasm from their targets. We've got a voyeur/IRL shipper who doesn't seem to care at all about the girls she's observing and only about titillating for herself. We've got a girl with an unhealthy amount of obsession and devotion that seems to be one-sided. And I think Imitatio, who we can see can dish it out but can't take it, is someone who refuses to go along with her partner in a scene and instead is just imposing what she wants out on them. Compare her to Utena, who tries to "see" the person she's tormenting, who has a strict code of honor and cares a lot about making sure her play doesn't cause permanent harm, and is prepared to put her body on the line when domming.

It's not fully clear yet, but I think I'm starting to see the themes.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I think they're supposed to continue the theme about what makes for a healthy bdsm relationship by demonstrating more ways that things can go wrong. Each of the members has a selfish and unilateral perspective on things that doesn't involve communication with or enthusiasm from their targets. We've got a voyeur/IRL shipper who doesn't seem to care at all about the girls she's observing and only about titillating for herself. We've got a girl with an unhealthy amount of obsession and devotion that seems to be one-sided. And I think Imitatio, who we can see can dish it out but can't take it, is someone who refuses to go along with her partner in a scene and instead is just imposing what she wants out on them. Compare her to Utena, who tries to "see" the person she's tormenting, who has a strict code of honor and cares a lot about making sure her play doesn't cause permanent harm, and is prepared to put her body on the line when domming.

It's not fully clear yet, but I think I'm starting to see the themes.

I believe this is the most comprehensive interpretation of the Shions to date. It does not preclude the possibility of an earlier run-in with Lord, but thematically, you are on point.

To reply you must either login or sign up.