sirflimflam
Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

Hoh boy.

I see you there, little girl...

sirflimflam
Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

This is so sad..! This guy is such a dirtbag, even though he's pretty much the same as any ol' average joe. Yukako deserves so much better- this is why we shouldn't marry too soon...! Someone -Not saying the current partner isn't "great" or compatible- but, someone else may be even better out there. You just don't know!
...until you go to your homecoming party and realize your mistakes :(

...does she deserve better? She's totally taking advantage of the lingering feelings Chinami has for her, and is even seen briefly relishing in the internal torment she's forced Chinami to expose at the end of the chapter. She seems like a real dirt bag to me, regardless of the circumstances surrounding her marriage. So the husband acts like a stupid bro sometimes. She's basically using him as pure camouflage in the first place, so it bounces off her pretty easily. The crap his mom told her hurt more than anything he seems to say or do because it makes apparent the fact she married to fit in instead of love and is being pressured to manifest that non-existent love in child form. He's small peanuts compared to the deep seated pain she's causing Chinami, and seems to feel no remorse for the actual betrayal she's committing towards both of them.

Chinami dodged a bullet. Hopefully she continues to dodge that bullet and finds someone who doesn't readily considering throwing those she is supposed to love under a bus if it means getting something she wants in the moment.

last edited at Jan 27, 2021 5:03PM

sirflimflam
Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

Haha, get wrecked, bitch. I really hope Chinami sticks to her guns for at least a while later. I'm gonna be buttmad if she changes gears next chapter or something. This bitch needs to feel bad for what she's doing to everyone involved. Even that part about "feeling loved" at the end there just shows how distorted her view of the situation is.

last edited at Jan 27, 2021 3:58PM

sirflimflam
Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

Lol. Come on Itou. This time I honestly think it harms the story a bit. There was no need to make her a child in the end. The Itou Hachi Age Gap Yuri Couple(tm) existed in the first half. Making her a child seemed a bit unnecessary and contrary to "bringing her back"

Also, did she murder her mother in cold blood at some point? Cause I dunno. I'd be at or about that point. Asks what I'm doing as I move sinisterly closer? "I'm having you scrapped."

Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

Oh god this is going to go so bad.

Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

I would have, if he hadn't immediately let his power go to his head and start thinking about erasing everything that would get in his way. That way lies madness and tyranny.

I mean they rip him out of his world, cast him on the streets as worthless to basically die on his own. I think I'd be pretty hell bent on fucking up some people too. It's not like he said he was going to go massacre people willy nilly. The icing on the cake was this all being a ploy to use him as a decoy in the first place, though he wasn't aware of that.

They deserve some payback.

sirflimflam
Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

She is irredeemable.

Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

Seran and Suoh are “androids” so they have micromachine cells. Suzu is a clone, which means she is human. Sanku is just the AI, the body is likely android also.

The way you worded that had me picturing tiny little toy cars speeding by in their artificial blood vessels.

All in all, I really loved this series. Part of me wanted her to meet up with some of the others again, but I'm not disappointed.

sirflimflam
Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

NO GIRL. KILL THAT BITCH.

Do not fall in love with the psychopathic bastard who killed your parents what the fuck.

sirflimflam
Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

Wouldn't she be more inclined to murder the boy, not the girl she's in love with?

And she could have at least been honest at the end, instead of hurting her again.

Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

Who's cutting onions in here dammit. stop it

Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

I figured she'd be in some state of disarray. Now I'm curious if she was just piloting Mute from afar. My thought was that she'd abandoned her old body to travel with her, but not it seems to imply it wasn't a permanent swap.

sirflimflam
Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

Chinami hates herself. Yukako is still in love with her.

They're both pissed off because Japan is still very much an incredibly homophobic place and both are suffering and suffocating under Japanese expectations of normalcy and how the country views LGBTQ+ relationships

I'm not so sure about that. I don't think Chinami hates herself at all, really. I get the impression that Chinami is more angry at Yukako than the world. I think what she hates is Yukako's willingness to bend herself backwards to be "normal" even if it means hurting everyone around her, herself included.

I think deep down Chinami hates that she still has feelings for Yukako even after everything that has transpired. "why do I gotta feel this way over someone who betrayed me?"

sirflimflam
Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

Lol. Why doesn't she think she's using Chinami? Cause deep down she loves her? Is she living in a fantasy world or something?

She cheats on her husband and has basically officially already mentally checked him out of her life despite still being married to him and leading him on that things are fine, and at the same time continues to rely on her old girlfriend from school as some kind of outlet for her real feelings. She might love her, but so what? What is she doing right now if not using her?

She is literal human garbage. I'm sure the story will invent some reason for people to want to hate the husband. He certainly sounds a bit insensitive right now at times but nothing is bad yet, certainly not the level of human garbage I see people throwing around at him (surprise surprise with this site). And then there's Chinami who is clearly harboring some dark emotions over the whole thing. At the moment I feel bad for both the husband and Chinami. This girl needs to get her shit together.

If you're going to marry a guy (or girl) as camouflage, I don't care if society made you think you had to, you're still hurting someone. If you grow up in a racist household and turn out racist, people will still hold you personally accountable for your actions.

last edited at Dec 9, 2020 3:27PM

sirflimflam
Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

Nonetheless I hope Ai finds another love. Ryou is definitely getting tgt with miu

Until it becomes an inevitable threesome.

sirflimflam
Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

I'm always amused by tags on this site. "Het on page 19 and 20" as a tag as if some sort of trigger warning...

Feel sorry for the husband though, as blasphemous as I'm sure that's going to be to say. I'm kinda uncertain though, is that bubble at the end "I'm not doing anything wrong" the wife? Cause I have some breaking news for her regarding infidelity regardless if you actually secretly don't love your husband...

But sure, I'll bite. I'll torture myself with another cheating story. Curse my masochism.

last edited at Dec 5, 2020 12:18PM

Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

I think nobody would want to be blue.... Blue sucks...

Shit back in the early 90s I wanted to be the blue ranger....so.....

last edited at Dec 1, 2020 11:10AM

Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

Goddddd it's so gooooooooood

Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

I don't really get why people are going nuts over the mangadex comments. I went over there expecting some juicy vitriol and left disappointed in the pretty common arguments being made. Do you guys really think this site is somehow better regarding comments? Any series here with a straight character integrated into the drama is pretty much a de facto nuclear wasteland in the comments. Each side appears to have their own pain points.

Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

Aya is a lost cause in more ways than one. It's kind of sad when people let themselves be used and victimized. I pray to the yuri gods that Aya and Sei don't end up together. And for that matter, I hope Haruki can nope herself far away from that mess too before she gets involved anymore and gets corrupted by that nightmare any more than she already has been.

sirflimflam
Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

Yea no, author-san hand over the better ending please >_> This left me feeling a bit unsatisfied and it feels so unfinished. An okay read ig the beginning was great but I can barely say the middle and ending was as good.

Maybe that's the authors ABSOLUTE GENIUS at play here. Maybe we're SUPPOSED to feel as unsatisfied as Umi, knowing she lives next to the person she loves romantically but that person will always look at her like a little sister.

No? No.

sirflimflam
Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

Holy crap that ending was cleaved clean off.

On a different note, how much do you hate your brother to live right next to him with his ex wife as your lover?

To be blunt, they shouldn't have gotten together as things stood, and handwaving all the issues (the massive chasm of them, like, you know, Kouru pretty heavily implying the familial connection to her instead of romantic all the way until the end) as "well they worked it out offscreen" is just disappointing. There is literally nothing satisfying about this ending.

It's really hard for me to assume this is an "open" ending. Yes, they don't outright state they're together. Maybe they're really just being roommates, while Umi holds onto a love that will never happen? I don't buy it. The publication for this manga pretty much dictates they're together.

last edited at Oct 19, 2020 3:51PM

sirflimflam
Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

I had to go back to the previous chapter to have any hope of understanding this one, and...nope, didn't help. Why the hell would she stare at this girl in the middle of the night waking her up, then ask this random girl for "help" her regarding her literal rape, and why would this random girl seriously be cool with her to the point she would tell her to simulate rape her. Was "saving her" from her step father really that high up on there?

And she hates her friend/women but is apparently still seeing her, to the point her friend just casually brings up stepping in a hotel? Are they still banging? The literal hell?

I just...don't even. This seems like the flimsiest excuse to make two people have sex to date in this series.

sirflimflam
Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

Damn, that custom tree ring flex at the end there, that was slick. You go, tree girl.

sirflimflam
The Real Me discussion 14 Sep 06:59
Felixwtf-min
joined Jun 4, 2018

Damn. I don't read many Touhou stories because I've never really been big on the franchise (I do like the setting and the characters but being what it is, nothing is ever consistent), but occasionally I stumble into something interesting.