Forum › Maitsuki, Niwatsuki, Ooyatsuki discussion

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

The progress is nice and steady. Now Miyako can keep this power dynamic going for a bit longer unless her guilt gets too powerful. The next step should be to get comfortable simply being called Miyako by Oneesan. Pakee the cactus has Miyako beat.

Ruri and Hato were in sync! Every bit of their chemistry was great.

I had to look up "a friend in need is a friend indeed" but the idea seems to be that Ruri is calling Hato (and herself) a good friend for helping when Miyako (and Suga) need it, even when Hato earlier said she isn't friends with Suga and would rather stay out of it. The modern English phrase has unclear grammar and I hate it. Ruri appreciates Hato so I hope for more of this pairing!

last edited at Oct 15, 2022 7:42PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I am here for Hato x Ruri now.
Miyako x Onee san can wait.

Miyako and Suga are the side couple now

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I just want to convey how great this panel is. I love it. On the heels of all the pages before it, this shows so much with so little

Also:

GayFace Crooked Smile Thats Lesbian

joined Oct 27, 2018

There's something about this Manga that doesn't really mesh with me. Maybe it's the tone or how no one seems to act their age? Either way, I love how Suga is just so unabashedly a disaster lesbian, I don't know if I've ever really seen that in a manga.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

I had to look up "a friend in need is a friend indeed" but the idea seems to be that Ruri is calling Hato (and herself) a good friend for helping when Miyako (and Suga) need it, even when Hato earlier said she isn't friends with Suga and would rather stay out of it. The modern English phrase has unclear grammar and I hate it. Ruri appreciates Hato so I hope for more of this pairing!

Did you just overthink one of the more common Englihs sayings about friends who help you in your time of need are true friends?...

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

The progress is nice and steady. Now Miyako can keep this power dynamic going for a bit longer unless her guilt gets too powerful. The next step should be to get comfortable simply being called Miyako by Oneesan. Pakee the cactus has Miyako beat.

Ruri and Hato were in sync! Every bit of their chemistry was great.

Ruri used an equivalent Japanese idiom in the original: 持つべきものは友 which can translate literally to "what you should have is a friend"

It means that what you need when you are in trouble, is someone who gives you advice and lends you his/her strength. Which is why I used the English idiom, which is a pretty common saying.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Missed this so much - what a chapter!
Hato's reactions are pure gold! Absolutely priceless xDDD Also, the moment Ruri was panicking when Hato and Miyako were down was hilarious.
And Ruri sure has Hato on the radar - the looks she was having when giving Hato the jar cake! But to be honest I can't really grasp Ruri's personality at this point.
Love how Miyako is so pure and straightforward about her feelings. Keep it up girl, your love and devotion will reach Suga-san eventually!
I totally didn't get the third possible reason that Hato suggested. Is she saying Suga-san doesn't see Miyako in romantic light because she didn't do so from the very beginning? Why is it manga-like?
Also it's obviously a win for Miyako because she has already managed to derail from the standard scenario in which Suga-san ends up alone. But the journey there is gonna be so fun!
Curious how the birthday topic gonna play out - really looking forward the next chapter!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Did you just overthink one of the more common Englihs sayings about friends who help you in your time of need are true friends?...

It’s often the case that commonplace aphorisms preserve older syntactic habits—“need” is one of those words that used to do multiple idiomatic duty where modern usage deploys other words such as “necessity,” “required,” etc.

Like in Tolkien: “One who cannot cast away a treasure at need is in fetters.”

(The modern confusion about the saying may partly stem from the preservation of the phrase “in need” as a euphemism for “poor,” “poverty-stricken,” i.e., “the needy.”)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

takachi posted:

I totally didn't get the third possible reason that Hato suggested. Is she saying Suga-san doesn't see Miyako in romantic light because she didn't do so from the very beginning? Why is it manga-like?

She means that Asako might not see Miyako as a potential romantic partner at all.

She's her type, but she also her landlord, there's an age gap and she's an ex celeb. Asako unconsciously crossed her out as a possible partner (plus she's still in trauma because of being dumped: in the manga, only a few months passed).

As for why it's manga-like, maybe it's something that happens a lot in manga? We probably didn't read enough romance manga to get the ref.

Anyway, Asako seems to be traumatized by birthdays...

last edited at Oct 16, 2022 10:51AM

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

She means that Asako might not see Miyako as a potential romantic partner at all.

She's her type, but she also her landlord, there's an age gap and she's an ex celeb. Asako unconsciously crossed her out as a possible partner (plus she's still in trauma because of being dumped: in the manga, only a few months passed).

As for why it's manga-like, maybe it's something that happens a lot in manga? We probably didn't read enough romance manga to get the ref.

Anyway, Asako seems to be traumatized by birthdays...

You're on the money basically. It's 'that you're not the type of person she would normally go for.' Someone who is reciprocative. She always chases someone or is chasing after someone and is the one who initiates it but then gets cheated on/broken up with/hurt. So having someone who is absolutely gaga in love with her is different and unknown for her and like you said, she crossed out that possibility a long time ago. (Even though we as an audience know it's not true, she is 100% into her). OR that she is so wounded that she wont get herself hurt again. She like actually doesn't know what to do when someone likes her back.

And basically yea, that it's just super melodramatic. And honestly a kind of trope considering how many yuri manga girls have that 'love isnt for me' or broken up about some deep seated trauma that wont let them be loved or understand it totally. Bloom Into You, Crescent Moon and Doughnuts, etc etc etc. It's lampshading it and that they are also the energetic marching puppy and the cool aloof older lady

last edited at Oct 16, 2022 1:10PM

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

but yea cute chapter and supportive side couple who are going to get together over at the side there while matchmaking is love

last edited at Oct 16, 2022 1:11PM

61f8f9de6afa98bcb0f186a1_736_640_20945%20(1)
joined Mar 25, 2021

Hato and Ruri? The dynamic??? Chef's kiss.

joined Feb 21, 2019

just dropping my ticket here for the hato x ruri ship o7

joined Mar 28, 2014

Yeah, I agree, the logic chain looks somewhat like:
Landlord / age gap / ex celeb -> Don't fall at the first sight, not typical pattern -> Not my potential parner.

But I'm kinda trying to get at what exactly Hato was referring to with a manga-like situation - the first arrow, the second, or both? From her words it felt like the second. And that left me kinda confused.

10374935_1517148091919036_8454058064875083431_n
joined Apr 7, 2021

I didn't expect Miyako would bring this up to Ruri, let alone Hato-san lol

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

I though Miyako's birthday is on January 1(based on the extra chapter).

Or is August 1 her idol birthday or something?

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

yay! progression

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

I though Miyako's birthday is on January 1(based on the extra chapter).

Or is August 1 her idol birthday or something?

Good remark.

I checked after reading your message and maybe I had read too fast, or my brain only registered the 1 and thought "January", but yeah, it's actually written August 1 on the page.

I'll correct that.

joined Mar 28, 2014

hahahaha, this Halloween omake has totally made my day! Thanks!!!

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

What is Miyako wearing on the color page?

joined Feb 2, 2019

@Doctor_Hoot a Jiangshi costume. A Chinese Zombie/Vampire-like undead monster

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Scary bloody footprints...

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Raised rents, truly a horrifying halloween chapter

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

God, miss landlord is so pretty. I wonder whether those painted nails are a sneaky bisexual signaling.

Large
joined Jul 16, 2022

Wow, I was looking forward to a new update ya~ and this was just 2 pages omake ya~? Well anyway, I just have to wait for it again ya~

To reply you must either login or sign up.