Forum › Posts by Beng

joined Feb 2, 2019

my longest, exasperate sigh ever.... why can't these ever be about trans women? Not well oops ive magically become a woman and now that my bodies physically like this I guess it'd be wrong to not be a woman! Transition back?? Nonsense!!

god, it always winds up so cisnormative.

I get your frustration but I always view these kind of works as a form of trans fantasy. "Wouldn't it be great if one day I'd wake up in my preferred gender, fully passing, without the social stigma of transitioning because I "didn't" transition, I just got caught up in a natural phenomena"

joined Feb 2, 2019

I want them to become a polycule so bad.

So far Lapis doesn’t seem so bad. She’s smart in a way that includes other people, highly capable and fairly mature, authoritative yet willing to listen, and apparently a little bit possessive. Which is to say she’s very hot. We rarely get to see romance manga where one of the characters has such a developed and nuanced approach to the world. I think she’s pretty cool.

I dunno, vitriolic hatred for poor people is a pretty unsexy personality trait.

It's part of the "I can fix her" fantasy. She will extol the rights of the proletariats after Natori is done with her.

last edited at Jan 1, 2023 4:35PM

joined Feb 2, 2019

@Doctor_Hoot a Jiangshi costume. A Chinese Zombie/Vampire-like undead monster

joined Feb 2, 2019

The execution of the story could've been much better if they handled the last few pages just a tad bit differently (more communication instead of speaking over each other).

joined Feb 2, 2019

So we’re not going to talk these ridiculous girls?

Yeah kinda funny that hayama straight up hears them and only tells kimura not to listen to them, I mean she’s right but say something to them maybe lol

Also kinda weird that they’re doing this when hayama clearly likes her

For real, I just noticed they have been there all along and witnessed scenes like these with their own two eyes:

Hiyama's friends gotta be smoothbrained af

There's the issue of this manga being a combination of the web and serialised version. We'd have to determine whether the version this chapter belongs to has already introduced her friends to Hiyama's gay hijinks before we can conclude their smooth brain levels.

Beng
joined Feb 2, 2019

I want everyone here to read "The One Within the Villainess" manga!

It's a story about how a girl is isekai'd into the body of her oshi villainess but the twist here is that we get to see it from the POV of the Original Villainess whose lonely heart is then healed by the love that the MC has for the Villainess.

It's a horrendous pseudo-selfcest crack ship but I am 95% adamant that it's yuri.

I demand everyone here to read it! I demand to see it posted on this website!

Edit: After rereading the chapters, I'm proud to announce that I am 120% certain that it's completely yuri. This is a hill I'm dying on.

last edited at May 28, 2022 4:48PM

joined Feb 2, 2019

I guess a female cockroach is technically a monster girl

joined Feb 2, 2019

Lmao how tf are her parents gonna die from a carriage accident like that!? Like two horses can’t create enough velocity to have a great enough impact for death! And it looked like they collided head on as well so even if they were each going 60km/h each, there would have been more than enough cushioning from the horses colliding with each other to lessen the impact! And the carriage rolled over anyway so the only way they would’ve died is if they got crushed which is unlikely considering they were inside and the carriage is still intact, they somehow got trapped and starved which didn’t happen, or they were flung in such a manner that resulted in breaking their necks or something which is plausible but very unlikely. God damn lazy writing

They were on the edge of a steep cliff

joined Feb 2, 2019

her blinkered genre fundamentalism

Hahaha I don't know why but the idea of the MC being referred to as a yuri fundamentalist cracks me up.

last edited at Mar 8, 2022 2:10PM

Beng
joined Feb 2, 2019

Wait, so this serie is more than a decade, is it worth getting invested in this? How's the yuri? I need to know, man what a undertaking, I'm scared. Anyone read it all? What's like your recommendation?

I read it in a week, it's pretty good. Take it slow, read it when you're dying for a hit of yuri and you'll burn through the whole backlog before you'll notice it

Alas, not even playing through Great Ace Attorney Chronicles could teach me how to do cross-eyed 3D for this...

Try to push the image right up your face until the dot converges, then slowly move the blurry image away from your face until it is in focus. Blinking helped me stay cross-eyed

last edited at Feb 22, 2022 6:06PM

joined Feb 2, 2019

I think one of the most palatable ways to handle a couple with power imbalance is for the person with the least power to be the most gung-ho about the relationship while the one with the power is more adverse to the idea.

I guess it shows that their power wasn't misused to manipulate the other person.

joined Feb 2, 2019

I never comment but I am here to defend the politics of this series. While it might seem dumb to us nowadays as it's obvious to us that the people are the ones keeping the monarch in power and that the monarch/aristocrats should've known to atleast placate the commoners.

It was actually the norm/common sense of the past that the commoners are essentially property of the ruling class (Serfdom etc) due to a myriad of justifications (birth right / divine rule, etc). So the fact that many of the aristocrats in this story just CAN'T FATHOM that maybe commoners should have a say in governance is completely realistic.

Here's is a famous instance of this case, King Charles I of England, Scotland and Ireland tried for Tyranny, Treason and Murder by the English High Court of Justice. The whole defense of King Charles I was essentially boiled down to: "What lawful authority has brought me here (to be tried)". And King Charles was 100% right, the law is derived from the King, and the king is the nation. So there is no legal way to charge the king for a crime, especially not the commoners. Even if you believe that King Charles is an evil bastard, there is still no legal way for him to be charged with any crimes.
https://youtu.be/EDJwRUrK5ew
https://youtu.be/OPDpj59kkgk

Do some extrapolation from the political climate of 15th century England and it would be completely logical for the aristocrats to think the way they do.

And also taxes in a pre-modern society isn't just cash, it also included grains, artisan goods, etc so it is quite a catchall term.

last edited at Jan 1, 2022 3:59AM