Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

It's always a good day when a new chapter of t his series gets dropped

2024-01-09%2004_02_51-3%20_%20chapter%20162%20-%20the%20100%20girlfriends%20who%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really
joined May 28, 2020

I can't get around how much I've hated these recent chapters. Even though It's only actually been 6 chapters since the introduction of the Shio-chans, I can't stand them. They've taken over the plot, dominated all of the characters, and everything that about the series that was 10/10 gold gets ruined whenever those 3 girls are around. I don't think they can even lose in a way that'd make all of this worth while.

Amimaidprofile
joined Mar 5, 2019

Well, Imitatio clearly knows jack and shit about psychology, and Utena's in particular. Utena is literally willing to let herself be a stepping stone for magical girls to rise up; it's only due to Venalita she went berserk. At heart, despite being kinky, Utena's a good person, and Imitatio can't seem to understand that.

That said, funny how her power is "potions" AKA messing with endorphins and sensation play. Yet another aspect of BDSM.

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

...did she really use "imita shion" as her pseudonym? i guess it's probably less obvious to japanese people but still.

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

All I can say about this chapter is "deez bitches be crazy."

Genshin.impact.600.3396601
joined Jul 20, 2016

If your butt is your weakness, then why do you just have it out in the open for anyone to grope them? Lol

joined Jun 5, 2018

Harukas face on p.12 when slapping sayos butt is too halirious XDDDDD

joined Jun 5, 2018

It is kinda obvious that shion has no idea no ones pretending to be good. I think she is in fact a child and not just someone who looks young.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Just Sayo things.

I really hope this new group gets a proper humbling sometime soon.

They've just properly pissed off Baiser. We all know what's coming next.

joined Aug 11, 2022

Yep Shion being naive in her thinking, probably traumatized or have bad experience with people pretending to be good but are d*uchebags.

Also Utena seems to not know the Magical girls identities just yet. Utena I think was angry due to thinking Shion dragged in innocent people (Sayo+others + the little girl shion herself > Sayo being the closest of her so-called normal friends), yeah funny how magic recognition/inhibition works. Shion and her group target the Villains and the magical girls [no innocents]

Utena would probably be shocked, fangirling and faint afterwords if she knew the magical girls she admired where actually her new recent friends. [Not sure if Utena knows this or not, the others in her team might or suspect though? So can anyone provide me any sources whether or not Utena knows the magical girls identities if I missed it???]

Sayo seem to somewhat suspect Utena might possibly be Baiser due to her finger technique but no proof besides that lulz...

joined May 1, 2015

Utena chan proving once again why she is best girl.

joined Mar 20, 2022

Can I take this as confirmation that that is indeed Lord? After all, there has to substantial precedence for that obsession and tenacious desire to "humiliate" Uthena and her "friends", the Enormeta - which could be the humiliation she suffered at the hands of Uthena as Lord. More importantly, though, her complex regarding having her butt touched could stem from the humiliating spanking Uthena dealt her - resulting in Lord as a sobbing, apologizing mess. Even her distaste for people "pretending to be good" could also stem from the defeat as Lord as she does also chastise Uthena for being "swayed by the spirit of justice", which from her perspective could be taken as Uthena "pretending" to be just and humiliating her when she is no less evil than herself.

Also, this pose here https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/looking_up_to_magical_girls_ch41#18 is much too similar to Lord's poses here https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/looking_up_to_magical_girls_ch19#14.

last edited at Sep 22, 2022 10:11AM

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Fuck, the salty bitch got away. I'm mad. She's actually the worst, justifying her cruelty just because of her faction and using gross chemicals like a terrorist.

The gloves come off next time because I think Utena has judged her to be "no longer a magical girl" and Baiser has found a weak spot.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Can I take this as confirmation that that is indeed Lord?

Wouldn't Lord be well aware that Baiser is in no way interested in Enormeeta's declared goals? Their entire conflict began with Baiser rejecting Lord's ambitions outright. Shio on the other hand clearly believes that Baiser truly is evil and her entire Utena persona is a lie. And I especially don't see Lord working with magical girls, not even for revenge, after spending all that time hunting them.

joined Mar 20, 2022

Wouldn't Lord be well aware that Baiser is in no way interested in Enormeeta's declared goals?

I don't believe she would. Lord was never particularly interested in Uthena and the gang - she did not even saw them as a threat. As for Shion viewing Uthena as "truly evil" is... hard to say for sure. She is obsessed with Uthena and wants to humiliate her and her friends and crush Enormeta. All of which stay consistent with a Lord's revenge plot-line as she was humiliated by Uthena and forsaken by Enormeta (Vena). And as for Lord not working with Magical Girls, well, I will argue that she would. Ultimately, Lord's ambition was Word Domination and the Magical Girls were merely her enemies then. Whereas if she truly did despise them and wished their annihilation she would not have spared Berserga and would have gone after Tres Magia.

Ultimately, the parallels between Shion and Lord are too significant to not be intentional. And if Shion is indeed not Lord herself, she is most likely someone closely related to Lord.

joined Jun 5, 2018

Can I take this as confirmation that that is indeed Lord? After all, there has to substantial precedence for that obsession and tenacious desire to "humiliate" Uthena and her "friends", the Enormeta - which could be the humiliation she suffered at the hands of Uthena as Lord. More importantly, though, her complex regarding having her butt touched could stem from the humiliating spanking Uthena dealt her - resulting in Lord as a sobbing, apologizing mess. Even her distaste for people "pretending to be good" could also stem from the defeat as Lord as she does also chastise Uthena for being "swayed by the spirit of justice", which from her perspective could be taken as Uthena "pretending" to be just and humiliating her when she is no less evil than herself.

Also, this pose here https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/looking_up_to_magical_girls_ch41#18 is much too similar to Lord's poses here https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/looking_up_to_magical_girls_ch19#14.

Whoa, the pages you posted really do have uncanny similarities. But it wouldnt make any sense for Shion to be her? Since - unless some memory manipulations going on here - Shion is confirmed to be one of the surviving victims of 'Lord', so she couldn't be the same person.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Wouldn't Lord be well aware that Baiser is in no way interested in Enormeeta's declared goals?

I don't believe she would.

I mean, Baiser only literally told her.

joined Mar 20, 2022

Shion is confirmed to be one of the surviving victims of 'Lord', so she couldn't be the same person.

No, it is Berserga who is a surviving victim of Lord, not Shion. And that is only because Lord spared her, something that could relate to Berserga's obsession with Shion.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I know this series is ecchi and parody and stuff but aren't Sayo's boobs way too big for a 14 year old?

Have you read Be Careful Onee-san?

I have, yes

joined Mar 20, 2022

I mean, Baiser only literally told her.

That is Uthena refusing to join Lord. That whole situation was a coup to take over Enormeta and Uthena refused to take her side. It would be weird of her to take Uthena's words as meaning she is not interested in Enormeta's declared goals, especially considering Uthena words to her here and here. And it is not like she knows what Uthena is actually like.

last edited at Sep 22, 2022 3:34PM

joined Feb 22, 2018

...did she really use "imita shion" as her pseudonym? i guess it's probably less obvious to japanese people but still.

Pantano Pesca means "swamp fishing" in Italian

And now a really deep cut: Berserga was the name of a mecha in Armored Trooper VOTOMS, used by Fyana (the Macguffin/antagonist that the original series revolved around).

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

I know this series is ecchi and parody and stuff but aren't Sayo's boobs way too big for a 14 year old?

14 is well into puberty for a lot of teens, and development happens at different rates and different degrees. I read a story once (can't remember where) about a girl who's boobs were so big in middle school that she wanted reduction surgery because the other students and even the damn teachers were bullying her over it. It was really disheartening, but it gave me a new perspective. I was a late bloomer, very short and scrawny until my second year of high school. It made me an easy target, but I never thought that being on the extreme other end could do the same.

last edited at Sep 22, 2022 6:08PM

Snapdragon beans
Screen%20shot%202018-12-15%20at%202.44.04%20am
joined Oct 27, 2018

14 is well into puberty for a lot of teens, and development happens at different rates and different degrees. I read a story once (can't remember where) about a girl who's boobs were so big in middle school that she wanted reduction surgery because the other students and even the damn teachers were bullying her over it. It was really disheartening, but it gave me a new perspective. I was a late bloomer, very short and scrawny until my second year of high school. It made me an easy target, but I never thought that being on the extreme other end could do the same.

Yes. One of my friends in High School developed early.

All the boys thought she was a "slut" and picked on her. She'd get told off for wearing shirts that looked fine on anybody else for dress code.

People just suck in general, and if there's something they can bully someone over, they will do so.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Couples confirmed and I find it weird she is so defensive over being touched. Like not wanting to be touched is fair but this is an extreme level.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Couples confirmed and I find it weird she is so defensive over being touched. Like not wanting to be touched is fair but this is an extreme level.

She probably has some sort of trauma associated with touch, it's an unfortunately common thing. It could be something unrelated to trauma, too, but none of the Shions really strike me as well-adjusted and untroubled individuals.

last edited at Sep 23, 2022 6:00AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.