Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

It was nice to have chapter where nobody transforms and we get to a side of them we don't often see. I also did find it really funny that Sulfur was so interested in the two of them after what was said.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

What makes you so sure they're spare panties?

I sort of got the impression she keeps a backup for her in case her exhibitionism goes too far and she needed an emergency pair.

I mean, considering some of Baiser’s antics, it honestly surprises me that more of them don’t carry spare panties on them.

Especially Sayo. :D

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

BeanBeanKingdom posted:

Can you link me to this? I can't find it in the episode.

Tweet from the author: https://twitter.com/onnkakhr/status/1562479016246149121

Maybe a tease that anime is possible, although it goes so hard I thought it would be impossible

Made in Abyss and Looking up to Magical Girls, both certified masterpieces.

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Also carrying around spare panties for your childhood homie is tight.

What makes you so sure they're spare panties?

This is Looking up to Magical Girls. Everybody loses their panties 5 times daily. Voluntary or otherwise. Gotta be prepared. Chafing is no joke.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Chapter 40 confirms that Utena/Kiwi/Sayo (aka dom/switch/sub) is endgame

Yep OT3 endgame let's go.

You know, I wasn't sold on Utena x Kiwi before, but this chapter has addressed their love triangle in such a direct way, I now think that OT3 is the only viable ending from this point onward.

Arqxpgpd_700w_0
joined Apr 2, 2018

When the comedy cuts all the tension out of the horror, it makes the chapter even more ridiculous with each panel... (;;;・_・)

Looks like the author got drunk on sulfamethoxazole.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

I think this manga is quited problematic and the author should fixed it quickly ;(

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I think this manga is quited problematic and the author should fixed it quickly ;(

Explain

joined Jun 9, 2022

Utena really is too pure.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I really hope this new group gets a proper humbling sometime soon.

joined Jul 23, 2014

Utena had the last laugh lmao

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Haruka's expression in that last panel is just too good. Prob my favorite part of this chapter lmfao

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Azul forgot to make her depravity look dignified again...

Fairy of the Gilded Lilies
joined Jul 27, 2018

Azul forgot to make her depravity look dignified again...

She'll remember next time... Surely... Probably... Maybe?... Hopefully?

Fb_img_1506323085663
joined Apr 2, 2017

Holly S H I T.... I could feel the frustration and impotence from Baiser on this one. She has never been so humiliated in her life. Revenge is gonna be sooooo good, I also want to send Imitatio far far away, maybe to Brazil.
This manga is trully more than just your generic ecchi show

last edited at Sep 21, 2022 9:16PM

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

HAHA! UTENA HAD THE LAS BUTT GRAB AT THE END!

last edited at Sep 21, 2022 9:19PM

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

Every time I wonder whether this series might be turned into an anime, another chapter comes out and snaps me out of it.

joined May 29, 2021

Every time I wonder whether this series might be turned into an anime, another chapter comes out and snaps me out of it.

Any anime of this series would be so toned down as to lose all it's bite and fun.

joined Apr 16, 2022

On page 9, Kaoruko saying she's worried about "Haruka and the others" is pointed out as a tell that she's in love with Haruka. Then, on page 21, Utena chides Imitatio for getting "Sayo-san and the others" involved. Thinking emoji

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Any anime of this series would be so toned down as to lose all it's bite and fun.

Nonsense, it just needs to be done by the team that did Valkyrie Drive

joined May 29, 2021

On page 9, Kaoruko saying she's worried about "Haruka and the others" is pointed out as a tell that she's in love with Haruka. Then, on page 21, Utena chides Imitatio for getting "Sayo-san and the others" involved. Thinking emoji

In fairness, the context for that is slightly different because she's talking about the other magical girl team being targeted. She would expect her villain team to get targeted. But yes, that does mean Sayo is her favorite from Tres Magia. But this isn't cucking Leopolt or anything. Besides, we've already established OT3 is endgame. Provided they don't try to make the harem even bigger, that is, with new characters.

Nonsense, it just needs to be done by the team that did Valkyrie Drive

Maybe I should rephrase to say I don't see anyone doing it justice in the modern scene. You gotta remember Valkyrie Drive was seven years ago now. Takagi has since left Maverlous, which has lead to the near destruction of the Senran Kagura brand sadly, and Hiraku Kaneko's last project was Kandagawa Jet Girls (which was another joint project with Takagi before he left) which was much less lewd and sadly much less gay than Valkyrie Drive. I'm still salty how the first episode pretended the premise was a strip jetski racing anime only to back off from it on the next episode. I haven't heard any news about him since, which is a shame as his credits for lewd anime are among the best.

joined Apr 16, 2022

In fairness, the context for that is slightly different because she's talking about the other magical girl team being targeted. She would expect her villain team to get targeted. But yes, that does mean Sayo is her favorite from Tres Magia. But this isn't cucking Leopolt or anything. Besides, we've already established OT3 is endgame. Provided they don't try to make the harem even bigger, that is, with new characters.

Oh yeah, I 100% agree that OT3 is endgame, Kiwi and Sayo's interaction this chapter further confirms it. I just found the juxtaposition notable.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Song should have been played during this chapter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAhgOtXkb9Y

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I know this series is ecchi and parody and stuff but aren't Sayo's boobs way too big for a 14 year old?

joined May 29, 2021

I know this series is ecchi and parody and stuff but aren't Sayo's boobs way too big for a 14 year old?

Have you read Be Careful Onee-san?

To reply you must either login or sign up.