Forum › A Collar Only For You discussion

Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

She is the 'owner' of the 'cat', isn't she?

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

So is it just me or did Morikubo go from kinda cute and innocent to sexy as hell with just this last panel?

Also she is 100% the owner of said "cat"

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

So is it just me or did Morikubo go from kinda cute and innocent to sexy as hell with just this last panel?

Yeah she’s actually so hot like wtf

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Just you. I noticed she was sexy well before then. (Also suspicious)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

One of my favorite random yuri tropes is that every single school nurse is a lesbian

Do you think it's a job requirement?

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Mommy?
Sorry.
Mommy?

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

A fine meal, a buxom companion. Why can't I find keys!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

It's because she revealed she's a school nurse.
In the scale of fetishes, even if she was a stripper and offered you a private naughty show she wouldn't rate higher.

Also she is 100% the owner of said "cat"

Aaand the potential fetish mix now includes bdsm, threesomes and netorare. With a schoolgirl and two nurses. I think the kinky scale just exploded.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

First some wining and dining and then... dessert?

joined Jan 14, 2020

It’s the same way dramatic irony works. The readers know something’s up while the characters remain ignorant, which adds tension as we brace for an impact we know is coming. Shifts the tone a little, gives us a heads up so twists and changes don’t feel like they’re cheaply coming out of no where, and makes us wonder what exactly is going to happen that makes it all go downhill.

I'd argue it does the opposite of all of those things. It's just flat out "here is how it is", so you know all of those things in advance - there's no twist or change in the first place since the direction has already been announced.

At most it adds this fake tension you speak about, but that's rarely better than tension of the unknown. It's not like readers (as demonstrated in this thread) are so blind that they don't see that something is going on here without having it spelled out ...

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's invalid. It's a time-tested narrative mechanism for centuries, if not millennia.

Also, for much of history, "tension of the unknown" wasn't much of a thing, especially with regard to the ending, unless maybe you were a kid hearing something for the first time. On re-tellings, you wouldn't even have "tension of the unknown" with regard to the narrative path, either. The modern obsession with "avoiding spoilers" is not universal.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

The modern obsession with "avoiding spoilers" is not universal.

That's not even a thing. Misconception.

People love spoilers, for the most part. They won't admit it (fashionable contrarianism and all that), but research and focus group testing shows that to be the case. Movie trailers that have clear spoilers are more effective at getting people to come to cinema and talk about the movie before it is released. Romances often signal clearly who the true main couple is, no matter how insane the story itself turns out to be and how many twists there are. Isekai protagonists are usually practically invincible with plot armor, if nothing else, and are rarely put to a genuine risk and losing something of real value.

Only place where spoilers are considered bad are real mystery stories, where the whole point is to try to figure out whodunit or what is going on. If we're talking novels or manga, things like Re:Zero go to this pile, or romances that have a genuine love triangle with two fairly legitimate options, resulting from something like amnesia or deep-seated trauma that is incredibly hard to get past of. For yuri stuff, that's something like Letink's "Re-Blooming".

joined Jan 14, 2020

They won't admit it (fashionable contrarianism and all that), but research and focus group testing shows that to be the case. Movie trailers that have clear spoilers are more effective at getting people to come to cinema and talk about the movie before it is released.

Interesting. You have any articles to point to?

last edited at Sep 21, 2022 12:19AM

joined Oct 2, 2021

These nursies gonna be making a cat sandwich.

Konohacoin(1)
joined Jan 23, 2022

Definitely need more of this. Aggressively masochistic girls going after inexperienced older women is a tiny niche that I love and never see (probably because it's so niche). I very much look forward to updates!

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Gah Harukaze is just too damn cute. She said she would do anything so please lets enjoy a nice warm bath next chapter >>;

Wonder how long until Morikubo realizes her little kitty ran away to a nice new warm house just a few floors down with a very innocent new owner. Who she also magically just became friends with.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Gee I'm sure that cat she mentioned won't come back to be significant in any conceivable way :D

I'm curious to see how she factors into this story

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

The modern obsession with "avoiding spoilers" is not universal.

That's not even a thing. Misconception.

People love spoilers, for the most part. They won't admit it (fashionable contrarianism and all that), but research and focus group testing shows that to be the case. Movie trailers that have clear spoilers are more effective at getting people to come to cinema and talk about the movie before it is released. Romances often signal clearly who the true main couple is, no matter how insane the story itself turns out to be and how many twists there are. Isekai protagonists are usually practically invincible with plot armor, if nothing else, and are rarely put to a genuine risk and losing something of real value.

Only place where spoilers are considered bad are real mystery stories, where the whole point is to try to figure out whodunit or what is going on. If we're talking novels or manga, things like Re:Zero go to this pile, or romances that have a genuine love triangle with two fairly legitimate options, resulting from something like amnesia or deep-seated trauma that is incredibly hard to get past of. For yuri stuff, that's something like Letink's "Re-Blooming".

That's an overgeneralization. What the testing proved is that this is true for most people, not that this is some universal rule where everyone responds positively to spoilers for certain types of stories. If you spoil something publically, it may be the minority that it harms the experience for but that doesn't mean it's alright to do it.

last edited at Jan 24, 2023 3:31AM

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Whoa that ending @_@ This entire chapter came out of left field I didn't expect anything like this yet lol.

joined Oct 2, 2021

Kitty gonna eat her delicious dish.

last edited at Jan 24, 2023 9:51AM

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

joined Aug 1, 2022

GASP

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

A sexy cliff-hanger! Yeah right. We all know that ain't happening.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Surprise cannibal twist?...

last edited at Jan 24, 2023 10:03PM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

People love spoilers, for the most part. They won't admit it (fashionable contrarianism and all that), but research and focus group testing shows that to be the case. Movie trailers that have clear spoilers are more effective at getting people to come to cinema and talk about the movie before it is released.

Si usted ya la vio, no cuente el final. Si usted aún no la vio, no adivinará hasta el último minuto de intolerable suspense... que el asesino es Jack el forastero.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo
joined Sep 18, 2022

Si usted ya la vio, no cuente el final. Si usted aún no la vio, no adivinará hasta el último minuto de intolerable suspense... que el asesino es Jack el forastero.

IS THAT A MOTHERFUCKING LES LUTHIERS REFERENCE???

To reply you must either login or sign up.