Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Second Evie didn't seem to know she was a demon so that must have not been in the original timeline/game...

I forget how much of this the manhua includes, but the original novel explains that Yvonne doesn't actually know the original game that well; she was just a beta tester and she actually disliked the game personally (she was an indie gamer lol), so all she really knows is the basic storyline. It's very possible that Dahlia being a demon was revealed in a secret route or something.

Ah I always figured she knew the game like the back of her hand as she seems to know all the stuff that's supposed to trigger events and all that kind of stuff. It's been quite a while since I read the start of this so maybe Evie mentioned that stuff but I don't remember. That would have been something she mentioned I'm sure lol.

Nope, none of that background information is in the manhua right now. Only in the web novel.

Although it has been mentioned in the chapter 3 context notes, so those of us who've paid attention to those should still be aware.

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

"demons are violent and hate hoomans"

peaceful nun turns out to be a demon, running an orphanage

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(2)
joined Oct 3, 2021

I'm so glad this isn't in the horror genre because the very existence of a "demon nun" would scare the shit out of me. Few things are more horrifying to me than demons posing as holy people and successfully fooling others.

By any chance, did you watch The Nun? I actually really like the profane concept of these things you're talking about, I enjoy it a lot in media but I can't really explain why.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

WOW this was such a stellar chapter, this is some classic hurt and comfort type of stuff and god I love it so much

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

WOW this was such a stellar chapter, this is some classic hurt and comfort type of stuff and god I love it so much

Right!? It's so good! I love Elsa's nervousness, Evie just sweeping it away, the cheek-pinches into face caress...and the oh-so-sweet embrace at the end. I love the change from Yvonne's last nightmare, where this time she's got someone to comfort her.

Matchari2
joined Apr 17, 2022

Ooooh, now this is an interesting twist... I wonder if this is a Little Red Riding Hood situation where the demon killed/kidnapped the real Dahlia and is impersonating her, or if this is a situation where Dahlia has been a demon all along, in hiding among humans to live peacefully? Hoping it's the latter, honestly, but I'm intrigued no matter how they opt to handle this.

Option 3, dahlia met a demon in the forest and took care of em, and as like a last wish or smthn when dahlia died in some mysterious thingy the demon takes her place
It'd be best for dahlia to just be a demon the entire time tho

Matchari2
joined Apr 17, 2022

Ooooh, now this is an interesting twist... I wonder if this is a Little Red Riding Hood situation where the demon killed/kidnapped the real Dahlia and is impersonating her, or if this is a situation where Dahlia has been a demon all along, in hiding among humans to live peacefully? Hoping it's the latter, honestly, but I'm intrigued no matter how they opt to handle this.

Option 3, dahlia met a demon in the forest and took care of em, and as like a last wish or smthn when dahlia died in some mysterious thingy the demon takes her place
It'd be best for dahlia to just be a demon the entire time tho

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Internally screaming

joined Jan 6, 2017

Internally screaming

Externally screaming

joined May 10, 2021

I kinda wonder if that nightmare was some sort of possible foreshadowing or not...
On the other hand, that ending made me feel all warm & fluffy & shit.

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

My heart is going to explode, I swear to god

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

"I want to be held by her forever."

Now you're gettin' it!

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Aw they are so close now being okay with sleeping in the same bed and hugging each other.

Akari-n
joined May 22, 2022

So heartwarming. I'm glad that Evie's finally acknowledging her feelings for Elsa

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I just noticed that Evil Yvonne in the dream has the same eyes as Elsa. I wonder if that's supposed to mean something?

joined Apr 16, 2022

"I don't want to be all alone again"

I think this is a hint of Yvonne's backstory pre-reincarnation

joined Mar 23, 2022

I wish to have someone to hug at night whenever I have those nightmare times like dear god when???lucky eveii

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

WHOA some actual progress in the form of her actually admitting feelings for Elsa!? I honestly didn't expect that AT ALL. I'm going to assume her not wanting to be alone thing was something that had to do pre being Isekai'd into the game? I'd love some backstory of Evie before she was sucked into the game I hope we get that eventually.

This panel here is not only freaking adorable but it was 100% me at the end of this chapter.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

evie needs all the hugs

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This panel here is not only freaking adorable but it was 100% me at the end of this chapter.

Hehehe I feel you.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

THANK YOU FOR THE MUCH NEEDED SUGAR!
Really needed it after recent Lycoris episodes...

Amimaidprofile
joined Mar 5, 2019

EMBRACE THOSE FEELINGS YOU USELESS-

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I'm so glad this isn't in the horror genre because the very existence of a "demon nun" would scare the shit out of me. Few things are more horrifying to me than demons posing as holy people and successfully fooling others.

Frankly, I find demons less horrifying than plenty of "holy people". Spiritual belief is OK I guess, but organized religion has a strong tendency to vicious hierarchy devoted to perpetuation and intensification of unjust status quos and advocacy of vile prejudice and oppression. There's plenty of indigenous North Americans that I can guarantee fear nuns more than demons.

The one thing I don't understand at this stage of the story is why both Evie and the readers all seem to be assuming that the nun just turned out to be a demon, like all along. I kind of have the feeling maybe that's how it is, but on the face of it, isn't it just as plausible that the nun used to be a human, who was then killed or captured and replaced by a demon impersonator relatively recently? Just because on being discovered she played it cool and worked hard to give Evie the impression that there's nothing to see here, doesn't mean it's TRUE.

last edited at Sep 5, 2022 1:54AM

Shiro
joined Oct 12, 2020

Internally screaming

Externally screaming

Wholeheartedly screaming

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I just noticed that Evil Yvonne in the dream has the same eyes as Elsa. I wonder if that's supposed to mean something?

It’s also similar to Dahlia’s demon form. Potentially it could, but it could also just be to differentiate the characters and it could go multiple ways anyway.

To reply you must either login or sign up.