Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Moke ver.) discussion

Screenshot_20220418-181859_chrome
joined Jul 6, 2022

wait, its already out in the manga raws??! huh??? where????

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, Adachi's so happy from just a few words from Shima. ^_^ If only she knew...

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

this is why i like this series so much bc instead of being a cute fluffy romance, its an introspective character study between two girls who arent perfect, which is pretty cool.

Mmhmm that’s me as well. The changing perspectives do a good job highlighting that relationships are two-way roads. They’re already teenagers, which makes everything awkward, but they’re also not exactly equipped for their situation either. Adachi’s mom is neglectful, poor girl has no idea how to interact with people, and Shimamura isn’t exactly a champ at the whole “friends” thing herself. It’s always an interesting back and forth between them and, as is the case for most good drama, I care much more about seeing them happy and fulfilled than I do just seeing them together because they’re the “main couple”

Speaking of the back and forth, I always loved how the upcoming mental breakdown places the ball squarely in Shimamura’s hands. Even if she doesn’t understand everything Adachi says, she gets to sit on how her perception of her has changed. I reeeeeeally like that, even if it takes a painful chapter to get there.

This is a very solid point. It's refreshing to read a story where the two main protag have real flaws that the author isn't shy about showing. Adachi is a giant mess at times and at her worst she can be downright toxic. Shimamura uses her ''go with the flow/ lazy girl'' persona to cover up a lot of very real insecurities and abandonment issues. These are less than perfect young people and it's fun to see them figure stuff out and improve.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Yep Comic walker has the chapter in question up in the raws. And my respect and condolences go out to whoever is gonna be the letterer/typesetter for that

joined Nov 27, 2021

Yep Comic walker has the chapter in question up in the raws. And my respect and condolences go out to whoever is gonna be the letterer/typesetter for that

Can't wait to read that XD

joined Mar 26, 2015

Patiently waiting for the next chapter's translation. I'm gonna have a blast reading that scene in manga version.

Screenshot_20220812-201614_chrome
joined Aug 6, 2022

Just read the raws on comicwalker. I just gotta say, holy shit...

Matchari2
joined Apr 17, 2022

like holy god DAMN that is. that is not going to be any fun for them. that was so jam packed.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Funny how desperate Tarumi sounds and how Shimamura keeps thinking about Adachi.

joined May 28, 2021

Yeah, I always feel really bad for Tarumi :( She's not a bad person and she truly cares a lot about Shimamura but she's just doomed from the get-go to be the third wheel. Poor girl.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

It really has always been the best indicator for Shima also falling for Adachi that she keeps thinking about her even when spending time with other people, especially poor Tarumi.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Tarumi is this series's equivalent to Sayaka from Bloom Into You. You end up loving the character and you want them to get their happiness too, but you know it isn't going to be with the one they want.

joined Jun 3, 2020

Tarumi is this series's equivalent to Sayaka from Bloom Into You. You end up loving the character and you want them to get their happiness too, but you know it isn't going to be with the one they want.

Well, the author of the AdaShima novels also wrote Sayaka's spin-off, so the two series are sort of related.

Kazami%20yuuka3
joined Aug 6, 2017

I think Tarumi's anxiety can be encapsulated in her drawing of a "smiling" Shimamura.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Well, the author of the AdaShima novels also wrote Sayaka's spin-off, so the two series are sort of related.

Really good spinoff too, though the first girl that fell in love with Sayaka still breaks my heart, doubly so with her little cameo in the last volume.

Eulamber%20croppedd
joined Oct 2, 2017

Ahhhh Tarumi.... I've really come to like her a lot, perhaps more than the two main characters... it's just so tragic and I can really sympathize with her

Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022

i thought we were gonna see the festival this chapter, time to wait for another month

Lumity%20kiss%203%20low%20byte
joined Aug 9, 2019

Soon, soon, yes soon

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

can't wait for adachi's big gay rant. wonder how they're gonna compress that into manga form...

last edited at Sep 19, 2022 12:32AM

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

can't wait for adachi's big gay rant. wonder how they're gonna compress that into manga form...

I'm imagining something like this stretched over seven pages.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

the plot, it thickens

joined May 28, 2021

The pain is coming , made even worst by the fact that no one is really at fault here :⁠‑⁠X Also, Shimamura really suffers from the ''flirty without meaning to '' curse pretty bad, the girl is smooth AF in the laziest way possible.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

As usual, Shima can't help but end up thinking about Adachi in the middle of all this as well.

43353v3
joined Jun 7, 2020

I feel bad for Shima's friend :(. She's a good girl.

Fo6gewav_400x400
joined Feb 1, 2020

The time has come

To reply you must either login or sign up.