Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Moke ver.) discussion

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

"Just normal" mode

joined Aug 6, 2021

A whole new meaning to useless lesbian. This density is reaching levels unheard of!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Always adorable awkward Adachi. ^_^

Although nothing today got me to laugh quite like that "Just normal". :D

joined Aug 10, 2021

Been a while, since I am seeing the manga...
I think I prefer the novel.

joined Jul 6, 2020

How long until someone confesses?

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

My impression, this is not about discovering they are gay.
It's a very beautiful story about meeting your out of time wife. A full slow burn romance from the very beginning when characters are still unaware of their fated love, revealing the mystery of their connection.

I also think there is something "paranormal", like appearance of Yoshiro who could be their daughter from the future, a fortune teller like some higher guidance who gives direction to Adachi how to fulfill the fate.
It's up to her to initiate, she is more aware than Shimamura who needs complete awakening to remember their "love written in stars".
It looks like awakening of sexuality, but I would not agree. I see the deeper meaning in their relationship.
Everything in this manga is thought-out and very deep, even if it looks like nuisance sometimes.
That's how I get it. I could say more, but this is too much info already.

I did not make a comment for a long time, just reading around, but now I was moved...
If someone already expressed same thoughts about this before me, I really did not read all comments here but I would be glad if there is more similar opinions to mine.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

My impression, this is not about discovering they are gay.
It's a very beautiful story about meeting your out of time wife. A full slow burn romance from the very beginning when characters are still unaware of their fated love, revealing the mystery of their connection.

I also think there is something "paranormal", like appearance of Yoshiro who could be their daughter from the future, a fortune teller like some higher guidance who gives direction to Adachi how to fulfill the fate.
It's up to her to initiate, she is more aware than Shimamura who needs complete awakening to remember their "love written in stars".
It looks like awakening of sexuality, but I would not agree. I see the deeper meaning in their relationship.
Everything in this manga is thought-out and very deep, even if it looks like nuisance sometimes.
That's how I get it. I could say more, but this is too much info already.

I did not make a comment for a long time, just reading around, but now I was moved...
If someone already expressed same thoughts about this before me, I really did not read all comments here but I would be glad if there is more similar opinions to mine.

The extra chapters of the LN, and especially the anime special novels, pretty much confirm that Yashiro is exactly what she claims to be.

As for fated love, I couldn't quite find the correct chapter at the moment, but Yashiro does indeed claim that in any possible timeline, the two are always fated to meet, as also demonstrated by some extra chapters with their alternate meetings.

last edited at Dec 6, 2021 10:10AM

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

@luinthoron

Thank you for additional info.
I forgot to mention, my opinion is based on this Moke manga version solo.
And if I can get my impression just from manga, it means, authors are successfully presenting the idea of fated love, developing it through the story in unusual ways.

Anyway, I think idea of Yashiro as their future daughter is more fulfilling for the reader than just some alien from the future not personally connected to them

(maybe authors yet don't know that Yashiro is the daughter of Adachi and Shimamura? :)

and maybe they know but won't tell until the girl is born)
-A joke or not, I want to tell with these words how much I'm interested in reading literally every moment of Adachi and Shimamura's love story. Especially in manga form.
It's about eternal love without beginning and without the end.

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

always love seeing these two's story, as slow as it is. im thinking of picking up the novel now

Pat%20dixon3
joined Nov 6, 2021

Oh so this "Moke Version" is different than the Mangaka version. I misunderstood you @luinthoron and just read the mangaka version, but it was just as painful. Going to have to give this version a try after reading through this thread.

last edited at Dec 6, 2021 8:21PM

43353v3
joined Jun 7, 2020

Why doesn't Adachi invite Shima over to her home? Her mom is rarely there, they'd have the whole place to themselves...

joined Jun 6, 2021

Why doesn't Adachi invite Shima over to her home?

Adachi wants Shimamura to express love. The ideal would be for Shimamura to initiate the expressions; second best is for Shimamura to agree to expressing them.

Adachi's wanting Shimamura to agree to a visit by Adachi is part-and-parcel with Adachi wanting Shimamura to agree to pat her on the head.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Do your best, Adachi. Become a lesbian who won't run away from her beloved.

00157780.0001b
joined Nov 22, 2021

This baby is doing her best and I love her.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I like them but I kinda feel this is going nowhere, like that manga with the lizard..not lizard..that ending...this better has a "better one" . I like slow burn but this is turning into a crisp black pain for me xD

will still read hoping something ever happens :D

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

I've held off on reading this version after the other one was cancelled and jee. Maybe I'm misremembering the older one but I'm having a hard time with this one like its kinda uncomfy at times

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I've held off on reading this version after the other one was cancelled and jee. Maybe I'm misremembering the older one but I'm having a hard time with this one like its kinda uncomfy at times

The older one barely gets into the actual idiosyncracies of the characters. Adachi's tunnel vision hadn't fully come into play and Shimamura's aloofness wasn't really a problem yet. As they get closer to each other, their personal weirdnesses start to become relevant and the tension in the story ratchets up. It's supposed to be uncomfy. Young love isn't an old shoe, it's a brand new one that chafes on your heels and gives you blisters until you break it in.

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Cute. ^_^

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

So how does this version differ from the other one? And why did they feel the same story needed telling twice slightly differently? Not that Im against it just curious- is this version actually very different in some way?

last edited at Jan 9, 2022 2:53PM

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Ah yes the shimamura chair makes an appearance once more, truly the best chair.
Also Adachi gay panic

Lumity%20kiss%203%20low%20byte
joined Aug 9, 2019

So how does this version differ from the other one? And why did they feel the same story needed telling twice slightly differently? Not that Im against it just curious- is this version actually very different in some way?

The first one was cancelled, or the author decided to stop? I forget what happened, regardless, the other version decided to end and this one new artists restarted it.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^I thought it was finished? I read it and it has an end and says complete.. Unless you mean that was a forced early end the author didnt want?

joined Jan 29, 2020

^I thought it was finished? I read it and it has an end and says complete.. Unless you mean that was a forced early end the author didnt want?

The manga is an adaptaion of the Light Novel that is still ongoing. The first manga adaptaion was canceled and second one started when the anime was announced.

00157780.0001b
joined Nov 22, 2021

"What are your intentions regarding my daughter? Are you going to hook up? Because I wouldn't be opposed to that, you see."

To reply you must either login or sign up.