Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Moke ver.) discussion

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Taru!! taruuuuuuu!! ahem Hello yes, this is your local Tarumi enthusiast.

Meanwhile i'm just sitting over here, having Atelier flashbacks

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I dunno how to describe this, but this manga always gives me vibes of like... uncomfortable social anxiety? I feel anxious reading this and I don't know why lmao

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

fireworks are one of those events you need in a romance and Shimamura will probably agree to go with Tarumi, PAIN.

Oh man we're getting closer to that mental breakdown from adachi

This comment is frightening

last edited at May 15, 2022 12:48AM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Adachi kind of grew on me, at first her clingy jealous girlfriend thing seemed over the top, she's certainly dependent on Shimamura. But that's also endearing, somehow, and Shimamura's too passive, so Adachi can pull her out of her shell a bit.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Comments with a menacing aura. It's definitely a significant point in the novel. I'm curious how they'll draw the absolute wall of text Adachi spews at Shimamura

joined Sep 1, 2021

im at volume 6 and woow im really looking forward to the manga version
im so excited i can finish it at one go or maybe more, whatever, it puts a smile on my face, yaknow wholesome
i started liking shimamura

last edited at May 18, 2022 12:47PM

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Comments with a menacing aura. It's definitely a significant point in the novel. I'm curious how they'll draw the absolute wall of text Adachi spews at Shimamura

Isn't it like seven pages long? Could probably dedicate a whole manga volume to it.

Polish_20220813_091412010%20(2)%20(1)
joined Oct 17, 2021

Isn't it like seven pages long? Could probably dedicate a whole manga volume to it.

I don't read LNs but 7 PAGES!? What even is that, Cioccolata beatdown?

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

I dunno how to describe this, but this manga always gives me vibes of like... uncomfortable social anxiety? I feel anxious reading this and I don't know why lmao

yea same. i think its cause adachi and shimamura as characters are just completely mismatched for eachother. both of them expect something of the other that they cant provide, and neither of them atm have the ability to actually deal with their emotions properly. this is why i like this series so much bc instead of being a cute fluffy romance, its an introspective character study between two girls who arent perfect, which is pretty cool.

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

Page 13 of the april fool's chapter was wayyy too high quality omg, props to whoever Areko is for that!

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Still this uncanny suffocating feeling present all throughout

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

revkar posted:

My bet is that it's gonna feel this way until Shimamura realizes or feels the same way, but this manga has an odd schedule ... I was like "yaaayy finally we're past the anime and previous manga!" but now the releases (from the source) became sporadic

Tbhdachi2
joined May 28, 2022

I get second-hand embarrassment from Adachi a lot. Reading Shimamura's description of Adachi reacting to the "valentine's poster" in the LN is like shampoo in the eyes to read as a fellow "completely socially inept person"

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

revkar posted:

My bet is that it's gonna feel this way until Shimamura realizes or feels the same way, but this manga has an odd schedule ... I was like "yaaayy finally we're past the anime and previous manga!" but now the releases (from the source) became sporadic

Yeah probably, it's just a really strange feeling that this manga specifically has. It feels strange that this story gives that feel, while usually things like it don't. Probs has to do with the panneling and art on top of the story. In any case, the people working on the manga are doing a p damn good job.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

What happened to chapter 27? Did we just skip one?

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

It's always a bit weird for me reading the manga because the novels are so far ahead at this point it's almost like a completely different story. The same with trying to rewatch the anime honestly, it's like movie 1 of a 5 movie franchise, except we probably won't ever get the other 4 movies, sadly (^^)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

What happened to chapter 27? Did we just skip one?

Considering how some other groups name their releases, 27.1 most likely stands for the first part of chapter 27 this time.

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Not even just 7 pages, but 7 pages of uninterrupted pure monologue from Adachi as she spills her spaghetti all over the floor.

Screenshot_20220418-181859_chrome
joined Jul 6, 2022

Not even just 7 pages, but 7 pages of uninterrupted pure monologue from Adachi as she spills her spaghetti all over the floor.

wait... apart from the 7 pages of adachis monologue isnt there also. like. other 15 fucking pages of adachi just rambling to herself??!?!? i only recently started reading the LN to catch up but im a bit scared for the next few manga chapters...

Screenshot_20220418-181859_chrome
joined Jul 6, 2022

that aside, i really love this manga. the weird, uncomfortable, anxious feeling you get from reading it is pretty great...
i expected this to be a pretty normal and cute romance between these two but as the manga goes on, you really start to notice how awkward it really is. but thats also kind of the charm of it, i guess...?

Fo6gewav_400x400
joined Feb 1, 2020

I saw the raws for the breakdown.... scary amount of text

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Yep, we're closing in on THAT famous scene in the novels. Things are going to get real ugly for a bit, especially if you happen to also have a few social anxiety skeletons/bad memories in your own closet (^^)

joined Dec 17, 2021

It's late to be thinking about this, but the appearance of the fortune teller bothered me. I always pictured her like a 40 something with a bunch of silk things covering her body. I reject this design.

Other than that, great adaptation. Can't wait for the thing to happen.

joined Jan 9, 2019

i read the raws up to ch 29. Didn't understand a bit but oh well here we comes. Mendokusai na~ </3

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

this is why i like this series so much bc instead of being a cute fluffy romance, its an introspective character study between two girls who arent perfect, which is pretty cool.

Mmhmm that’s me as well. The changing perspectives do a good job highlighting that relationships are two-way roads. They’re already teenagers, which makes everything awkward, but they’re also not exactly equipped for their situation either. Adachi’s mom is neglectful, poor girl has no idea how to interact with people, and Shimamura isn’t exactly a champ at the whole “friends” thing herself. It’s always an interesting back and forth between them and, as is the case for most good drama, I care much more about seeing them happy and fulfilled than I do just seeing them together because they’re the “main couple”

Speaking of the back and forth, I always loved how the upcoming mental breakdown places the ball squarely in Shimamura’s hands. Even if she doesn’t understand everything Adachi says, she gets to sit on how her perception of her has changed. I reeeeeeally like that, even if it takes a painful chapter to get there.

To reply you must either login or sign up.