Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

15252ff598a5a0e500bf6a6f8e5e5f80
joined Apr 22, 2022

AYYYE IT GOT UPDATED!

joined Apr 15, 2018

Aya: Hey, you know, you smell a lot like the boy I like.
Mitsuki: Uh ...
A: You also sound a bit like him, and you have pretty similar eyes.
M: Well, about —
A: And now that I'm looking closer, you have holes for piercings in the same place as his piercings.
M: ...
A: I'm beginning to think it's not a boy that I like.

I feel like that last line should be
A: He's your brother isn't he!?
M: Eh!?

M: ... yes that's exactly right, my brother and I got piercings in the exact same places.
A: I knew it!
M: ... also, we both have a thing for idiots. (intense "it's a good thing you're cute" glare)
A: ... oookay? (utterly bewildered expression)

last edited at Jul 24, 2022 7:24AM

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

AYOOOOO ITS UPDATED

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

SHE DID THE DOKI, YA BETTER START QUESTIONING NOW GIRL

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

when will she figure it out HAHHAA
the mole is p obvious

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Very close to returning the kabedon there. :D

And certainly starting to notice things.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Love is blind.

Which is why jerkface is starting to catch on.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

She got her first doki doki from school Mitsuki :0 This should get even more interesting now.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Are DJs ever “hunky”?

All the ones I’ve ever seen were wiry and a little weird (mostly in a good way).

Vlqa
joined Jun 14, 2022

The only way for the readers to get the actual "nuances" would be to learn the language or abuse translation notes.

I'm not certain by what you mean by, "abuse translator notes".

If a word-for-word translation can not bring forth the depth of meaning beyond the literal words, providing clarifying notation is the obligation of the translator and their purpose. A translator does not simply replace words, they transfer meaning exactly to or as honestly and deliberately close to the exact meaning of the original source. If misunderstanding is possible, especially egregious misunderstanding, the translator is obligated to provide notation.

If clarifying notation is needed to bring across meaning then that it also the job of a translator. If not an equally deep explanation, then at the very least a source for readers to follow up on.

If a translator deliberately or incompetently or through general human-error withholds meaning, they are not translating. They are misrepresenting, no matter how inadvertently. They may be providing disinformation, and could potentially be plagiarizing or mutilating the work of another.

Giving exact meaning or meaning as honestly and deliberately close to exact meaning, and providing clarifying notation when and where necessary, is to respect the work, author, nuances, culture and etc... of the original.

last edited at Jul 24, 2022 9:03AM

Tumblr_338965de880627681ecd916bc458a939_84d98ad7_500%20(1)-min
joined Feb 4, 2022

Sooo, we are heading into the summer vacation arc?! Means we probably won’t get more school Mitsuki and more music shop part-timer Mitsuki! And will Jerkface be intervening during that summer vacation arc?

last edited at Jul 24, 2022 8:56AM

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

I think Aya might be pretty close to realizing now. Maybe.
Love that she nearly kabedon’d Mitsuki out of shear excitement over her special interest. The body knows what it wants before the brain does.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Many thanks for for such quick translation of this story. It really makes my Sunday.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

...I'm starting to think the dude won't have to do squat at this rate.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

oof that was a close call she almost got recognized @_@

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

YEAAAAAAAH! Aereosmith! we got another hahaha, I don't know which song... Maybe Crazy or I don't want a miss a thing, Jaded is cool too.

We got a kabedon without the Don... We got a KabeBOnk instead !

Come on girl, you got all the pieces for this puzzle, start assembling!

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

It’s also possible that Aya is so into Mitsuki that she’ll immediately get over the fact that she’s a girl and roll right into “oh my god the fact that she’s so reserved in class is precious info, she’s even cuter than I thought”

After this chapter, I think you're on to something.

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

YEAAAAAAAH! Aereosmith! we got another hahaha, I don't know which song... Maybe Crazy or I don't want a miss a thing, Jaded is cool too.

We got a kabedon without the Don... We got a KabeBOnk instead !

Come on girl, you got all the pieces for this puzzle, start assembling!

Nah, my money would be on Walk this way, Sweet Emotion, or Back In The Saddle since she said 'early' Aereosmith.

joined Jul 8, 2019

Clark Kenting

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Be careful with those glasses, Clark!

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

I'm pretty sure it's walk this way. It's a very get shit done song

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Clark Kenting

The entire series should be tagged like this

joined Apr 6, 2013

I'm always happy to see these little moments that show the two bonding outside of the store.

smellsliketeenspirit
Screen%20shot%202022-07-04%20at%206.37.52%20pm
joined May 29, 2022

I'm always happy to see these little moments that show the two bonding outside of the store.

I appreciate the author's intent to involve other characters (the uncle, annoying classmate) to augment the story, but I would like to see more direct interaction between Mitsuki and Aya. Summer should be an interesting time to allow for more visits to the shop and potentially more build-up between their dynamic.

Dynastyscans
joined May 24, 2022

I'm sorry, but these highschool girls being real into Aerosmith brings me out of it lol. But at the same time, for these weirdos? I can see it.
cute chapter, only wish I had more...

To reply you must either login or sign up.