Forum › Posts by Vezera

joined Oct 26, 2014

This last update was everything my heart wanted

joined Oct 26, 2014

I am so hyped for the next chapter and really hope we get to see Linda in the present. I've honestly been loving this time travel arc. It's given me the time regression isekai yuri I've always wanted through one of my favorite stories.

I...Did Evie literally just forget that she went back in time to find a way to stop the monster invasion?

Like, maybe she got what she needed somehow without realizing it, but SHE wouldn't know that, right? Shouldn't she be panicked right now because she hasn't made any progress on the thing she literally went back in time to stop? Am I missing something?

I don't think she forgot, but the ring was more or less telling her that the time was right, which implies the necessary changes were made. She knows she had to do something that would influence other things over time, so she knows nothing she did would directly stop the demons from the point in time she came from. But she knows a number of things changed from the past she knew already, and, probably more importantly, she's changed. She understands why things have diverged and what things are, and I think part of that knowledge will prove to be the key.

So I think it's part inference and part act of faith. When dealing with cascading influences of time, I don't think there's ever any way to be certain, but there's certainly reason to expect things won't be the same.

last edited at Mar 14, 2024 4:49PM

joined Oct 26, 2014

I love this new dynamic they have

joined Oct 26, 2014

Oh my lord, this useless lesbian. I love her, and I can't wait for this to hit a fluffy part

joined Oct 26, 2014

Normally, I'm not a fan of triangles, but I am down for this one

joined Oct 26, 2014

Ouph. Reading to this while listening to Sylvan Esso - I'm Coming Back to You is a whole, unique feeling

joined Oct 26, 2014

Harold over here trying to do the math

Vezera
OUR SECRET discussion 26 Jun 22:12
joined Oct 26, 2014

OH NO TOO CUTE

Vezera
Image Comments 04 Jun 10:47
joined Oct 26, 2014
Tumblr_o3jougmrqo1qfizj4o1_1280

Yesss! This is so cute! And I love how Weiss's concern is about Blake, such that she manages to not even tell at Ruby.

Vezera
Image Comments 04 Jun 10:41
joined Oct 26, 2014
Tumblr_nx0ftqkfyj1ssyxl2o1_540

OMG, yes! I really like this pairing and don't see enough of them, and dashing's art its great! I love how Weiss is clearly enjoying herself while still trying to be reserved. This really is just fantastic on so many levels, and I wish there were more. I'd pay her for more.

Vezera
Stretch discussion 18 Nov 00:10
joined Oct 26, 2014

What? What was even the point of that ending? If he'd ended it when Keiko gave Ran her birthday present, that would have been a better ending. That is to say, the series would have ended better had he not written an end to it at all. Honestly, the ending just feels pointless. It does nothing for development or the story. It literally just ends everything. How disappointing.

I'm not saying this because I feel like I was taken in by subtext. I don't. It wasn't subtext. It was clear canon. Their relationship was extremely well written. By the end, it was obvious in their actions and thought that were shown that they were two people in love, and it was that slow progression toward love that made the series better and better as went on. The series showed us more and more instances of their emotions for and their caring about each other as they went from friends to something more. This growth was something the other characters saw and a number commented on. It was something only the two main characters didn't accept, as it moved steadily toward a sense of climax. And the conclusion to it? Absolutely nothing. Actually, literally less than nothing, as it took away from the development built up in the series.

It's frankly a poor way to end any story, and a sad way to see one as good as this one had been end. What we're left with isn't a story that spent it's entire time playing with subtext and/or baiting. We're left with a story of two women who fell in love but never faced their feelings for each other and let themselves be separated through their own actions with no resistance despite how clearly neither of them liked the thought of being separated, despite how clearly they both wanted to stay together.

joined Oct 26, 2014

Ouch. That hurt. And really, I do feel bad for her, mostly because I'm not entirely certain how honest our "narrator" really is, or accurate.

[spoilers, our, I'm on mobile and don't know how to do the fancy text blacking out thing.]

I mean, let's say the girl who's dealing with the situation by blowing ash in the other girl's face, Emi, has been emotionally approachable the entire time and she's wholly correct about the other girl only sleeping with two other guys to get her attention. If that's the case, is blowing ash into the face of a girl in a terrible position who obviously has feelings for you while dismissing her emotions the most efficient way of letting her down? Does it serve any purpose other than schadenfreude? Catharsis, perhaps, bit not the most emotionally healthy form for either of them.

Now let's take what this suggests and run with it. She's a bit cold and unavailable, maybe even casually Calais, but the other girl feel for her anyway. We also know the other girl was clearly unsatisfied in her relationship and being purposefully manipulated by at least one of the men she had a relationship with. Why was she willing to enter those two relationships and be unsatisfied instead of pursuing the one she wanted? Who knows? Maybe she was unsure about her asexuality. Either way, she was emotionally vulnerable enough to be easily manipulated from the look of it. So we have an emotionally vulnerable, affectionate girl who has developed feelings for an unsociable, occasionally brusque woman.

I'm going to guess she felt pushed away, or at least kept at arm's length, and unloved. Does that make it completely Emi's fault? No. It does mean at some point she likely had some idea that this girl was interested in her before things got to this point and didn't do anything about it. After all, she clearly knew what this girl was after but didn't say anything about it until the end. Even when it was clear the girl was has aging an emotional episode in the works, she let it go on, not bothering the talk the other girl down, and let it explode to the point where she shut the girl down hard.

[/spoilers]

Why? It's seems Emi isn't great at dealing with her emotions either. "Irrational Us."

last edited at Nov 22, 2014 10:41PM

Vezera
Shinoasa discussion 26 Oct 22:14
joined Oct 26, 2014

Her MokoKeine doujinshi always leave me with such wonderful feels.