Forum › Kamiina Botan, the Drunken Form is a Lily Flower discussion

joined Feb 10, 2022

Yurin't(?)

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

I can attest that Mt. Buko is a bit of a bitch to climb. I didn't see any bears though... although I didn't see any deer either.

D946b494cd837f1c428627ea5e516c5
joined Feb 22, 2022

Well, this chapter is actually an allusion or pastiche about Yama no Susume. You can see Ibuki wore the same clothes as Aoi, as did the bear's plot.

If you roughly browse the author's previous illustration works, it is easy to recognize that the author almost draws Ibuki similar to Aoi on purpose so far as Ibuki is simply an adult version of Aoi: Lack of social skills, gloomy and have some weird preferences.

And author literally joins in the animation producing of Yama no Susume.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Man, jumping all over here. Looks like we’re working towards a confession though.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

ooo If we get to see more of them during this show at the planetarium this would be the perfect time for a kiss and confession :O

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

You can't just open like that. Goddamn.

Still, was cute.

Dynastyscans
joined May 24, 2022

What a tease... My heart skipped a beat when I opened the chapter. Before I read on, I checked what ended the last chapter, and came back to see it wasn't a confession...

Good development this chapter though; more heart beats were skipped! I do wonder though, are there actually bed-style seats in any Japanese planetariums? All the American ones I've been in just had reclining row seats. Either way, it's a bit corny.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The universe is beautiful tonight... hic

last edited at Jun 27, 2022 10:29AM

joined May 3, 2014

OK! so what’s the level of love triangle in this? because I hate that tag really much!!!

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

OK! so what’s the level of love triangle in this? because I hate that tag really much!!!

There is another girl in love with Ibuki It's not like heavy rivalry or anything like that. Botan herself hasn't even made her feelings known as far as I can remember even to herself.

joined Jul 26, 2016

No fucking way Botan wasn't making a completely deliberate double entendre there -.-

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This was the yuriest chapter so far.

In a manga like this one, where romantic moments tend to be quiet low-key little things, a chapter like this one is like a heavy cannonade.

I wonder if they can make love in that bed, under planetarium stars, without anyone noticing?

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Is that censored handholding on the last page? Planetariums are so lewd. It's probably for the best that Ibuki hid her debauchery with those fashionable sleeves.

More seriously, that was a sweet date and space talk.

joined Apr 11, 2022

I'm actually rooting for the other girl, even though I know she probably won't win. And sorry to say this, but I just can't feel the wholesome from this series.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

is it just me or was this chapter gayer than the last 19 combined

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Switching targets new girl... ?
I'm fine with that hahaha

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I guess this is a way to avoid a love triangle or square by forming a side ship. That's nice and all, but how our main ship actually gets together!

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I think she basically knows she can't come between Ibuki and Botan at this point

last edited at Jul 18, 2022 6:09PM

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

If nothing else, the new pairing makes Gujou feel less tragic. Maybe I'm just distracted by the newly launched ship with Chou.

Gujou has mostly acted bittersweet and resigned, because Ibuki and Botan already like each other. This chapter could be a tad bittersweet but it felt like Gujou wasn't held back by anything anymore. The incidental new ship in this chapter was like a signal Gujou is moving on.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Hey...
Have you read the credits? Have you paid attention to the text in the top right corner?

Now I'm wondering which commenter in this forum is the addressee of that tirade, lol. Poor kiddo.

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Woah

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I once tried sake at a high end restaurant and I hated it. The stuff tasted like whisky flitered through rotten rice. I'd take sip and cringe. I would sit there a while, then talk myself into trying it again, by thinking it couldn't really teaste that bad. Id take another sip, and realize that yes it can!

last edited at Jul 19, 2022 12:47AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

johnb posted:

I once tried sake at a high end restaurant and I hated it. The stuff tasted like whisky flitered through rotten rice. I'd take sip and cringe. I would sit there a while, then talk myself into trying it again, by thinking it couldn't really teaste that bad. Id take another sip, and realize that yes it can!

There are a lot of different sake of different quality, flavors.

Like any alcohol, it's an acquired taste.

For example, I dislike beer or red wine. I find them too bitter and my palate rejects it. But some people drink it like it's the best thing in the world.

To each their own I guess.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

johnb posted:

There are a lot of different sake of different quality, flavors.

Like any alcohol, it's an acquired taste.

For example, I dislike beer or red wine. I find them too bitter and my palate rejects it. But some people drink it like it's the best thing in the world.

To each their own I guess.

Well, yes it is just one humble man's opinion. I fully acknowledge people's taste experience may very. i just thought it was a mildly amusing anecdote about my experience with sake :)

Edit: Looking back over my original post. I think it's probably more funny when I tell it in person.

last edited at Jul 19, 2022 4:33AM

PredatorDuck Uploader
Rin
joined Jun 27, 2018

Hey...
Have you read the credits? Have you paid attention to the text in the top right corner?

Now I'm wondering which commenter in this forum is the addressee of that tirade, lol. Poor kiddo.

It's just an edited version of the Navy Seals copypasta and is merely a joke.

last edited at Jul 19, 2022 5:33AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.