Forum › I Kissed a Succubus discussion

Zzhohcp%20(1)
joined Oct 7, 2021

so..., this is the pairing i was rooting for, but i didn't like the ending, i don't think it felt earned, the drama/pacing for the last few chapters were kinda horrible..., like, i wanted to see this ending, but overall i didn't like the ending execution.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I like this ending better, mono > poly

This mentality is really staring to annoy me on this site. You say that as if there are poly endings everywhere. There are 1000 mono endings for every 1 poly one and that's probably being generous. Even manga that tease it, like If You Could See Love, usually end up going the mono route and you people act like things are going poly all the time. Can you even name any recent manga that had it?

Calm down, they just say they prefer mono to poly. No need to be aggresive.

joined Jul 6, 2020

So Konomi gave up on her own happiness and gets nothing in return?

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Yeah that wasn't resolved well, but if I were the author, I'd get sick of this story and want to end it too. Truly would've been better with a poly ending, and I'm indifferent to poly vs mono.

What I'm more upset about though is where's my NSFW damn it?

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

I honestly didn’t get much of the story, it fell pretty messy tbh. I only got that fuu and yukiko ended up together. Also, there was a bunch of drama for nothing.

joined May 3, 2014

the god damn kiss was disgusting wtf was with that saliva??? ewwww

joined May 3, 2014

I like this ending better, mono > poly

yap, because! there is no base for an poly ending, unless you actualy build the relationahip and present people that are actualy into poly then build the romance otherwise an put of the box poly ending is worst that an mono one because there is no base build onto it! I saw many stories like this and it makes me wander way people that like poly love the weird forced poly plot becausw mosy of the time it’s just an poly ending with no prior build up!!!

if an romance story ends up with an poly ending it also has to have the romance and characrers build on polyamory and not have the shallow romance only to end in poly just out of no were!!! because no relatoonship works like that and it’s poor writing to have an suprise ending like that, also it’s jarring for me to read an romance story expecting some mono ending only for the ending to suddenly be poly without any foundation! no insight that the characters are even thinking to be in an poly relationship no nothing to even indicate of an poly ending. so I’m glad it ended in a mono ending.

last edited at Jul 10, 2022 6:14AM

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

All is well that ends well.... Except this.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

So Konomi gave up on her own happiness and gets nothing in return?

well, she gets to non-con leech of the other woman that hurt her and then tried to use her

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Dying. The kiss was cute but this is probably the tamest succubus manga I've ever read lmaooo

joined Feb 10, 2022

This mentality is really staring to annoy me on this site. You say that as if there are poly endings everywhere. There are 1000 mono endings for every 1 poly one and that's probably being generous. Even manga that tease it, like If You Could See Love, usually end up going the mono route and you people act like things are going poly all the time. Can you even name any recent manga that had it?

Lmao poly(or 2 timing in this case) was the intended ending. It was said by the same author who changed his/her mind while drawing the last two chapters. Don't let your anger controls you bro. If you dont like poly well that's it

last edited at Jul 10, 2022 8:45AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Bahahaha, does that mean you didn't read the original?
I'm pretty sure that was the most saliva of any manga I've read.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Very few mangas had ended up in poly recently but god damn, there's a group of people that will post in almost every manga that poly would be a better ending, that the author was afraid, that they somehow know more about the characters and plot that the author itself or something along those lines

They're literally the "can he beat Goku" squad of the Yuri comunnity, can you really blame people that are starting to get annoyed at people bringing the same topic over and over again.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Have you read the first chapters of this exact manga? It's been like that since day one! And like the other user mentioned, it was like that in the pre-serialization version too!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Having followed the pre-serial, I'm honestly sad it ended up this way but oh well, can't win 'em all I guess~

Thanks for all your hard work Daphie, haven't been commenting much but your work is always highly appreciated <3

YW!!! It's always a confused feeling when a series I'm working on ends!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Even with the middle of the series being what it was, the ending was actually quite nice.

Special mention to this bit of absolute cuteness in the middle of all that lewd kissing. ^_^

Citrus
joined Jul 9, 2022

Sweet ending!

joined May 23, 2017

I'm confused. The series is completed but the note at the end says final volume coming in Aug 2022?

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Even with the middle of the series being what it was, the ending was actually quite nice.

Special mention to this bit of absolute cuteness in the middle of all that lewd kissing. ^_^

YESSSSHHH! SHOOO KYUUTTTE!!!

I'm confused. The series is completed but the note at the end says final volume coming in Aug 2022?

It's the physical volume. They always tend to say that on final chapters, to announce when you can buy it in book form.

joined Dec 17, 2021

I think it means the full volume. Like, all chapter together for sale?

joined Sep 13, 2018

Well , i actually believed this would be droped or axed before ending but the end was quite alright.
To me it feeled like nothing special but some pages were the most incredible art i have seen in a yuri manga after "looking up to magical girls" , specially the chapter 20 cover.
I wanna see what else the author can make.

K11
joined Apr 26, 2020

A shame it ended already, the story just got interesting! Feels a bit rushed after ~15 or so chapters of no progress suddenly everything had to be resolved so fast.

I guess Konomi non conning Nozomi is true to her nature and ruining her relationship is payback.

Still this is my favourite manga I have read on this site, incredible art! Hope to see a new project from this mangaka soon.

What is up with the yuri community and poly ships? They dont even have any chemistry, it would just be a harem if they dont like each other

@princess_daphie thx for translating this!

last edited at Jul 20, 2022 3:29PM

Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022

fuuuuck i should've seen it coming. having read the prototype i was wondering why the relationship with fuu was developed so much while it is less for konomi. it should've been obvious when yukiko when didn't want to practice anymore and also when accepting konomi's confession just for konomi's sake. yukiko just didn't feel that way for konomi. towards the final chapters i was thinking "man the yukiko x konomi ending is gonna be weird and rushed af", but it was fuu all along loooool.

the prototype misguided me. the title did too, it's "I Kissed a Succubus" and not "I Kissed A Human" damn it

awesome manga, underrated. nice plot

last edited at Sep 3, 2022 6:15AM

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Why didn't Yukiko just tell Fuuko that Konomi is a sucubus?

Because outing someone isn't good.

Yuri_book_club
joined May 11, 2023

The story was all over the place. I didn't find it to be particularly funny, sweet or romantic. Moreover, I hate when stories use sexual assault for comedy.

Yukiko was weirdly passive and was sending all manner of mixed signals. She was pretty selfish and I loved the comments Mirino made about her. Fuuko was supposed to be her oldest friend whom she shared a special bond with - only feeding on her for ten years and having some sort of unspoken love. Well, she sure didn't act like it. She really didn't show much affection to Fuuko at all. I considered her hooking up with Konomi to be borderline cheating, even though she wasn't officially in a relationship with Fuuko. And her not stopping the sexual advances of Konomi at the pool was just weird. I thought the bite mark on her but would be important, but the story was probably cancelled. I didn't feel her choice at the end was sweet or particularly rooted in any deep love. She was so indecisive until the very end. It was more Fuuko making a choice.

Konomi was manipulative. She lied. She tried to break a relationship for her own selfish reasons. She didn't even remotely care about consent. She acted like a proper succubus.

Fuuko I understand. She thought her and Yukiko shared a deep bond and was deeply disappointed in Yukiko. Her jealousy got the better of her in the start, but once she made up her mind she was pretty much willing to do anything for Yukiko. Even ignoring stuff like the bite mark on the but. I wouldn't say Yukiko earned her devotion.

To reply you must either login or sign up.