Forum › I Don't Know Which One is Love discussion

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Karin is definitely best girl. She knows what she wants and goes for it. They're in college, she asks her on a date, she asks her out. That champagne kiss was great too.

She might know what she wants, but she doesn't seem to understand the concept of "not on the first date," which is a problem.

They kissed on their first meeting, Karin invited her to her place, and she held off when she was told no. Well, held off for a bit anyway. I'm not saying she was perfect, but "not on the first date" is not everyone's philosophy, and at minimum she's getting mixed signals.

A) "You can do this, but not that" is not "mixed signals." Kissing someone is not permission to go further.

B) "Not on the first date" may not be everyone's philosophy but any adult person should be pretty freakin' aware that it is some people's philosophy, and acting like someone just grew a second nose because they won't let you suck on their tits is pretty poor behavior.

C) Stopping when told to stop is bare minimum As in actually stopping, not "holding off for a bit".

You can say "I'm not saying she was perfect," but like....that's literally the problem? It's not hard to be perfect on this!

I think you're reading into my comment. I didn't say kissing was permission to go further, I was saying that Mei didn't mind the kissing, and they haven't known each other for long, so Karin's decision to go further isn't ridiculous. Not to mention, Karin is telling Mei her thought process the entire time. She didn't jump her out of nowhere, she's basically narrating her desires giving Mei the opportunity to consent.

As for B, the author made a point that she's tipsy, and her being whiny for like a second about being denied seems more a result of the gag manga aspects here, than poor behavior.

But back to mixed signals for a bit, let's review their interactions in previous chapters:
Chapter 1
Karin: I feel like kissing you.
Mei: If you're okay with me.
They kiss.
Karin: I'm totally in love...Wanna come to my place? I want to take my time continuing this [as Karin licks Mei's ear]. Is it okay?
Finds out it's past dorm curfew.
Karin: Next time, we'll take things more slowly.
They exchange contact information.

Chapter 4
Karin: Come over...I feel like picking up where we left off.
Mei: ?
Karin: After that kiss.
Mei: Sure.
Karin: Now it's a promise.
Karin sucks/bites on Mei's finger.

Karin's intentions have been really clear. She wants to do more than kissing, most probably she wants to fuck. At least, they're clear enough to the average adult, though Mei didn't pick up on it, so I think it's natural for Karin to be a bit whiny about it, and she does stop when told to immediately. The context of their previous interactions matter, and people are allowed to be disappointed if things don't go the way they were expecting.

You explain to me how that isn't mixed signals.

last edited at Jun 27, 2022 1:25PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

There's no way the teacher or taste woman are getting picked.

A lot of these writers need to take some hints from hentai. No cap. I don't mean writing sex but writing variety for the outcome of their romance plots. It's obvious who the 2 women the protagonist is most interested in, tomboy and roommate, so there's no point in shipping her with the others.

That's not something I want to say but I've rad enough hentai and gotten more satisfaction from those romances, when there are some, than a lot of these "normal" anime and manga.

Hentai always has the worst dialogue but I guarantee anyone here could find one with a romance plot and genuinely not know the outcome til the end.

I'm talking about hentai manga specifically because hentai anime is just atrocious and under sells the credit hentai strangely deserves sometimes.

I think you're letting your personal preferences show through.

If we're talking about romance tropes, the first girl with meaningful interaction is usually end game. That'd make it Riri, (not only is she the first girl she meets, she's the first one to get a focus chapter.) unless high-school-crush-chan makes a surprise appearance. If we're talking who she's most interested in so far....I'd say she's pretty evenly split? I mean, for starters, she's clearly a pushover who "falls for" any sexy lady in close proximity, and when straight up asked "is there anyone you're into?" She literally thinks of all five of them.

But this isn't a romance, it's a romantic comedy, which kinda means the plot will go wherever it needs to go for laughs. We might not even GET an endgame girl. I kinda doubt we'll get a harem or poly ending, but we might get a "the struggle continues" ending.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

A) "You can do this, but not that" is not "mixed signals." Kissing someone is not permission to go further.

B) "Not on the first date" may not be everyone's philosophy but any adult person should be pretty freakin' aware that it is some people's philosophy, and acting like someone just grew a second nose because they won't let you suck on their tits is pretty poor behavior.

C) Stopping when told to stop is bare minimum As in actually stopping, not "holding off for a bit".

You can say "I'm not saying she was perfect," but like....that's literally the problem? It's not hard to be perfect on this!

I think you're reading into my comment. I didn't say kissing was permission to go further, I was saying that Mei didn't mind the kissing, and they haven't known each other for long, so Karin's decision to go further isn't ridiculous.

No, it's not. But when Mei said to stop, it was wrong of her to complain about it.

Not to mention, Karin is telling Mei her thought process the entire time. She didn't jump her out of nowhere, she's basically narrating her desires giving Mei the opportunity to consent.

And then she acts before consent is given. That's the problem. (I mean, from a human behavior point of view.)

As for B, the author made a point that she's tipsy, and her being whiny for like a second about being denied seems more a result of the gag manga aspects here, than poor behavior.

The fact that it's a gag manga doesn't mean it isn't still poor behavior. Comedy series ROUTINELY capitalize on the awkward feelings caused by poor behavior, that's usually the point. You're left thinking "lol this dumbass".

Karin's intentions have been really clear. She wants to do more than kissing, most probably she wants to fuck. At least, they're clear enough to the average adult, though Mei didn't pick up on it, so I think it's natural for Karin to be a bit whiny about it, and she does stop when told to immediately. The context of their previous interactions matter, and people are allowed to be disappointed if things don't go the way they were expecting.

People are allowed to be disappointed. They are not allowed to start needling you to do it anyway and then push you down without consent.

You explain to me how that isn't mixed signals.

Ahem.

It isn't mixed signals to make out with somebody but not want to go further.

I can't state it more clearly than that. Being okay with kissing does not mean it is okay to go further than kissing. That isn't "mixed signals" that's a boundary and boundaries should be respected, not smashed down with abandon.

joined Sep 28, 2017

A lot of these writers need to take some hints from hentai. No cap. I don't mean writing sex but writing variety for the outcome of their romance plots. It's obvious who the 2 women the protagonist is most interested in, tomboy and roommate, so there's no point in shipping her with the others.

Yeah I'm (sadly) getting the same vibes about who will she choose at the end. I'd really love to see a poly ending, and since its Tamamusi in case that happened it'd be glorious and hilarious. Also I'd love if she choose the teacher, since I love the age gap stuff... Actually I'd be happy if she ended with anyone BUT the tomboy. Don't ask me why, I don't like tomboys in yuri mangas, and I really dislike the one in this. The relationship somehow feels too forced and almost encouraged by the author. Again those are my personal feelings but you're free to actually like her. I will follow this manga but I'm ready for the worst, specially since the If You Could See Love fiasco.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I can't state it more clearly than that. Being okay with kissing does not mean it is okay to go further than kissing. That isn't "mixed signals" that's a boundary and boundaries should be respected, not smashed down with abandon.

It is mixed signals to imply multiple times to someone "come over to my place so we can fuck" and then they just want to make out. That doesn't mean I think you should push them down, but it is mixed signals. You're taking when I say mixed signals to mean what happened in this chapter only. I'm saying the mixed signals are across all of their interactions, not just this chapter.

As for what happened at the end, yes, pushing her down is a little much, but she's not pushing her down and giving her oral or playing with her breasts. She's just about to kiss her again, which Mei already said was ok.

And also, the conversation is ambiguous, not about going forward that's clear, but about why Mei is stopping them. It is not an unreasonable interpretation that she's saying, "I won't fuck unless we're official", rather than "I won't fuck at all". Karin thinks Mei doesn't want to be casual so she says ok, then let's date.

Let's forget about the manga for a moment. You kiss a girl and tell her you want to go further so she should go to your place, but the girl isn't free tonight so you exchange numbers. You see her again and invite her on a specific day to continue what you were talking about before. She goes to your place, you cook her dinner, you try to take it further and she says not unless we're dating. So you officially ask her out. You tell her you're single, you're interested in her, and you want to date. You ask her what she thinks and whether there is someone else she'd rather date.

This is where it gets ambiguous. Clearly Mei doesn't immediately respond and Karin tries to entice her with more kissing. And it's not clear how much time has passed between the initial question and Mei's lack of response turning into Karin's impatience. Your framing of it is as if Karin didn't communicate with Mei at all, when she has been communicating throughout the entire process. Like I said before, she hasn't been perfect, but she hasn't been as pushy as your description.

joined Jul 14, 2021

Oh nyo, Im smell girl team... good someone stopped it :V

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Heavensrun, you must be great fun at parties.

No, sorry, I lied. You must be boring as hell at parties. Or when you're alone with a potential love partner. People will fall asleep before you finish explaining your rules, regulations, ordinances, directives, laws and precepts for every touch and gesture.

If I had to pick between Karin and Heavensrun, I don't even need a nanosecond to choose Karin, drag her into a room and tell her to do with me just as she did with Mei.

(Of course, by "doing as she did with Mei" I mean doing sexy things, but if Karin misunderstands and decides to make a delicious dinner for me before sex, why I won't complain: all the better.)

joined Oct 14, 2020

I love anime/manga. It's just about the only medium I've read where people consistently enter private residences or facilities without knocking or making any effort to announce their presence so they can conveniently see the most dramatic/sexiest thing possible happening at the exact moment they enter.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I love anime/manga. It's just about the only medium I've read where people consistently enter private residences or facilities without knocking or making any effort to announce their presence so they can conveniently see the most dramatic/sexiest thing possible happening at the exact moment they enter.

I believe I can think of several other mediums but the main one that comes to mind is Western Sitcoms. It's a popular tool with drama/comedy (also dramedy of course), usually someone enters a scene right before a kiss or right at the perfect moment to misunderstand a situation. It's usually done out of the blue to surprise the audience as well as the characters.

Img_20190914_203449_543
joined Apr 14, 2020

OOO BOI HERE IT COMES THE DORAMA,

I hope the black hair friend becomes yandere and kindap mei all for herself, and they live forever after

joined Jul 26, 2016

I hope the black hair friend becomes yandere and kindap mei all for herself, and they live forever after

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOURE TOO DENSE THAT EVEN THE GIRL WHO HAS BEEN OPENLY SEDUCING YOU GETS TIRED OF IT, LIKE DAMMIT THIS SOUNDS TOO STEREOTYPICAL BUT NOT EVEN A MALE MC IS THAT FCKING DENSE

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I recommend "Ménage à 3" by Pixie Trix Comics.

PTC have eight or ten different webcomics at their website, but Ma3 is their most famous one (plus it's already completed) and the joke about somebody opening a door and surprising people in the middle of sexy things was featured often.

In fact it happened so many times it became a staple, lol. It even happens in the very first page of the webcomic:

https://pixietrixcomix.com/menage-a-3/room-for-two-more-vol1

Edit: And there's a whole lot of sexy going on in this webcomic. Yuri, BL, het, bi, trans, poly, you name it, it's there.

last edited at Jun 27, 2022 4:30PM

Raven%20dialogue%202%20dynasty
joined Jul 23, 2021

Hm, a touch fetishist, an audio fetishest, a scent fetishest, and now a taste fetishest. And I guess the professor is a sight fetishest, then? Interesting idea for harem traits, I guess

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Heavensrun, you must be great fun at parties.

No, sorry, I lied. You must be boring as hell at parties. Or when you're alone with a potential love partner. People will fall asleep before you finish explaining your rules, regulations, ordinances, directives, laws and precepts for every touch and gesture.

If I had to pick between Karin and Heavensrun, I don't even need a nanosecond to choose Karin, drag her into a room and tell her to do with me just as she did with Mei.

(Of course, by "doing as she did with Mei" I mean doing sexy things, but if Karin misunderstands and decides to make a delicious dinner for me before sex, why I won't complain: all the better.)

If you need a lecture to understand basic social etiquette then thats that

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

And y'know... that final giant "HUH?" is totally me while reading that page. What the fudge was Riri doing there??? Does she live at Karin's place? Or did she have a rendezvous with her?

She has drinks with her, I'm pretty sure she wanted to see Mei and decided to drop in

But it’s Karin’s place and she doesn’t seem to know Mei is there. Also, why would she go to Karin’s to look for Mei? I doubt she lives there since she said “this looks like the place”. Think we’ll just have to wait until next chapter for events to unfold to find out what’s going on with Riri.

Mei told Riri that she had plans with someone that day, so it's not like she didn't have a lead to go on

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

Yeah I'm (sadly) getting the same vibes about who will she choose at the end. I'd really love to see a poly ending, and since its Tamamusi in case that happened it'd be glorious and hilarious. Also I'd love if she choose the teacher, since I love the age gap stuff... Actually I'd be happy if she ended with anyone BUT the tomboy. Don't ask me why, I don't like tomboys in yuri mangas, and I really dislike the one in this. The relationship somehow feels too forced and almost encouraged by the author. Again those are my personal feelings but you're free to actually like her. I will follow this manga but I'm ready for the worst, specially since the If You Could See Love fiasco.

Not sure how the relationship feels forced when this is just a gag manga about a girl having different ladies love her based off the 5 senses. It's not meant to be taken seriously and none if the romance is meant to feel organic. It's just meant to make us laugh and enjoy the funny shenanigans. I mean I won't say you have to like her but I don't get the "feels too forced" line when she met everyone just as randomly as she met the tomboy.

joined Mar 8, 2016

There are people on Dynasty overanalyzing a silly ecchi comedy manga and writing dissertations about all the ways the dumb ecchi comedy manga doesn't conform to their ideal real-world behavior for the dumb comedy situations?

I'm shocked. Just shocked.

joined Jan 11, 2014

There are people on Dynasty overanalyzing a silly ecchi comedy manga and writing dissertations about all the ways the dumb ecchi comedy manga doesn't conform to their ideal real-world behavior for the dumb comedy situations?

There are people on dynasty constantly negging any attempt to interact with a work morally or ethically by brushing it aside as fiction? Appalled by discussions in a discussion page?

I’m shocked. Just shocked.

People debate characters and their morality. It’s fine. Let people consume works differently and through different lenses. Who cares if some people interact with a work on a deeper level or not like it when a character does something questionable. I don’t. Why do you? A character’s morals can often, and reasonably, impact their appeal as a romantic interest. And that’s important in a romantic centric work.

Go ahead and turn off your brain just cause a work is ‘dumb’. You’re the who care the least why care about how others consume media.

People just keep saying ‘omg it’s fiction stop over analyzing’ but they’re just being assholes. You’re repeating yourselves as much as the people you neg on.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

this just got really JUICY

joined Jun 27, 2022

This cliffhanger is so mean, I wanna know real bad why riri is in possession of Karin's key and the reason she came by with snacks and drinks.

I didn't check the thing with the five senses untill I read the comments lol

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

La duchesse de Pecquigny posted:

Heavensrun, you must be great fun at parties. [/snip]

There's no need to target people in this manner. It's rude and unnecessary. Thanks.

Tamahime posted:

Posts targeting groups of people are inflammatory and unnecessary. If you intend to discuss the manga or a specific post, please do so. Thanks.

botmj posted:

There are people on dynasty constantly negging any attempt to interact with a work morally or ethically by brushing it aside as fiction? Appalled by discussions in a discussion page?

I’m shocked. Just shocked.

[/snip]

People just keep saying ‘omg it’s fiction stop over analyzing’ but they’re just being assholes. You’re repeating yourselves as much as the people you neg on.

If you find other users are being abusive, you should report it to me in the Help thread. Replying to condescension with insults is unhelpful. Thanks.

Rules are always available for folks to read.

fluffy_heltia
joined Feb 17, 2022

Thank you OrangePekoe! Sometimes discussions can go off topic since we're all passionate about yuri and the mods always bring it back if it doesn't go back to the topic naturally.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I’m going to go ahead and ask you why you don’t like tomboys in yuri?

Why don’t you like tomboys in yuri and what do you like them in? I enjoy big contrasts, so I like when they are paired up with someone like the other 4 girls. However, the tomboy in this one is like a “fake,” anyway.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Ah she's the kind that gets interested if and only if there's a chase. What if it's not a poly ending or even any one of them but it ends up the opposite of having a harem when they eventually realize they wouldn't gonna be exclusively special with her because she's gonna be indecisive about it.

And then it will be revealed that MC hasn't truly moved on since the reason she's being a pushover to any woman who shows interest in the first place is because of the heartbreak she experienced in HS.

last edited at Jul 1, 2022 11:02PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.